• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

Wait... WHA?? WHEN DID BROCK CATCH A MARSHTOMP??
Like @BigDocFan said, Brock caught a Mudkip in Hoenn, but unlike with Ash's Treecko and May's Torchic, it didn't evolve until the Battle Frontier saga. It's probably why it never fully evolved, unlike the other two.
Brock_and_Marshtomp.png
And? There wasn't any G. Farfetch'd merch but Ash still caught it
There is Sirfetch'd merch, however.

Seeing her without Axew in her hair makes me wonder also if Axew finally evolved into Fraxure.
I hope it would have evolved. But it could've just not been there because it's the opening. And with how BW wanted to preserve Axew's cuteness factor to the point they abandoned a perfect set-up for it to evolve, I don't unfortunately have very high hopes for it to have happened, even off-screen.

I hope it would have evolved. But it could've just not been there because it's the opening. And with how BW wanted to preserve Axew's cuteness factor to the point they abandoned a perfect set-up for it to evolve, I don't unfortunately have very high hopes for it to have happened, even off-screen.
I personally think it would have been fine for Axew not to evolve. The anime is no stranger to having unevolved Pokemon who are decently strong. The problem was more that Axew didn't make a lot of believable progress as a battler to the point that he was easily the weakest mon in the BW cast by that series' end (and that's saying a lot, considering the BW saga is somewhat infamous for giving Ash his weakest regional team). The only real good achievement Axew has to his name is mastering Dragon Rage; every other move he learned was just OP Deus Ex Machinas pulled out of thin air that were only ever used once each and were clearly tacked in to merely give the illusion that Axew had grown, along with Drayden and that Dragon Village wise old lady complementing Iris on her "amazing" job of raising Axew despite the fact that we only ever saw her really training him at the beginning of the saga. It was basically the definition of telling rather than showing.

Axew remaining small, cute and marketable didn't necessarily have to be a bad thing so long as he had actually become stronger ala Ash's Pikachu or Dawn's Piplup, but sadly that didn't happen. It's very possible that Axew is more competent now regardless of if he has evolved or not, but then that would mean that basically all his development was offscreen, and that's barely a consolation prize...

Ash's Torracat disagrees.

Try playing Pokémon Sun and Moon once.

At this point "needing" something is clearly not a valid argument.
Alola is different from all the other regions, as it has less of a focus on battling. Also, the Alola League in the anime had no entry requirements and literally anyone can enter and compete.

If they want to sell Axew plushies, they can just show it evolve in a flashback and call it a day. It isn't that popular.

Remember that they OLM were finally willing to have Togepi evolve when Misty returned for the first time.

Alola is different from all the other regions, as it has less of a focus on battling. Also, the Alola League in the anime had no entry requirements and literally anyone can enter and compete.
Kukui clearly isn’t one of those people. Are you seriously comparing the Alola league participants to the Masked Royal's Incineroar? And let’s not forget Tyson's Meowth if you want a "proper" league.

If they want to sell Axew plushies, they can just show it evolve in a flashback and call it a day. It isn't that popular.

Remember that they OLM were finally willing to have Togepi evolve when Misty returned for the first time.
I remember that. Was there lots of Togepi merchandise during the original series?

I can only hope they've finally decided to actually let Axew evolve....

Back
Top Bottom