• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

No Goh captures in today's episode.

Oh no, that means he is gonna catch one in Galarfetch'd episode.

I wonder if OLM already regrets giving Goh Sobble, considering its the only Galar starter line completely in the top 20 and Inteleon is the most popular Galar mon (Which bascially means they have to evolve it).

Lol at Magnemite being more popular than Pikachu and Charizard in the Kanto section. I wonder how much Galarpoke (Slowpoke) and GalarMeowth have contributed to the placements of those lines in the section.

I wonder if Ash's Quilava returns after this poll, since its the only Johto starter line that is in the top 30, while Chikorita and Totodile are the only ones representing their lines. Suicune made it in, the other 2 did not.

Mudkip loverz rejoice, Swampert has finally overtaken Blaziken and Sceptile as the most popular Hoenn starter. In fact, Mudkip line is the only line that have all members in the top 30 (Treecko isn't even in the top 30)

Piplup line is in the top 10, with Piplup on 1 and Empoleon on 2. Impressive. Even Torterra has overtaken Infernape. Just like with Piplup, the Turtwig line is also in the top 30, while Monferno is missing in the top 30.

Poor Ash's Snivy and Oshawott, they are doomed to stay unevolved. Poor Pignite and Emboar. Why the frick is Simisear in the top 15, while the 2 best looking ones are lacking from the top 30.

Impressive Fennekin line, all members in the top 30. Poor Quilladin and Chesnaught. Scratches head: Dedenne on one and Barbaracle on 3, while Noivern, Hawlucha, Aegislash and Talonflame are placed so low (All 4 were in the top 6 alongside Greninja and Goodra in the 2020 poll)

Just like Snivy and Oshawott, poor Rowlet is doomed to stay a Rowlet. Lycanroc fallen from grace, just like Lucario in Kalos and Zoroark in Unova.

Inteleon my boy number 1 in Galar. OLM messed up big time not giving the line to Ash (Only starter line in the top 20). Lol at Pincurchin being more popular than Cinderace and Rillaboom. Lol at Greedent being more popular than Rillaboom.

Last edited:
Barbaracle, Dedenne, Magnemite, and Buzzwole probably got up that high because those Pokémon are considered "Memes" in Japan just like how Snom is here in the West lol

Anyways here's the Results of the Galar Region Only

Screenshot_2021-02-25-09-56-54-1.png

Screenshot_2021-02-25-09-57-39-1.png

Screenshot_2021-02-25-11-17-39-1.png

Screenshot_2021-02-25-11-18-10-1.png
Screenshot_2021-02-25-11-19-52-1.png
Screenshot_2021-02-25-11-20-36-1.png
Screenshot_2021-02-25-11-21-03-1.png
At first I was caught off guard by Inteleon's ranking but then I remembered that this Poll is was overtaken by the Japanese Fans and last year Inteleon was the 4th Most Popular Galar Pokémon in Japan's Famitsu Poll only behind Corviknight, Alcremie and Yamper

How did Inteleon beat the Top 3 you wonder?
Well I personally believe the Anime probably played a helping hand in that.

-Corviknight only got a small cameo in Episode 2
-Alcremie hasn't even debuted yet
-Yamper while appearing multiple times, mostly just had minor appearances and also got shafted in favor of Eevee.

Inteleon, while only Debut in one Episode so far, still had a pretty good showing in it and not to mention that Episode also aired VERY recently (hasn't even been a full month yet) so it is probably still fresh on people's minds

The Greatest Shock here is Cinderace not even making Top 10 in it's own Region much less not being in the Top 30 overall.
I would've expected it to have beaten Inteleon over Japan by now but I guess not?

But then again looking at that poll it seems like Japan also heavily Favors Water Starters
(Charizard is literally the only Fire Starter in the Top 30. Meanwhile, Piplup, Oshawott, Empoleon, Greninja and Inteleon are all up there...)

Polteageist being in #2nd Place in the Galar Region is also kinda a shock too.
Mostly because I barely see anyone talking about it. Didn't think a lot of people cared about it.

"Eleven" being ranked at #12 is actually kinda funny

Also Surprised Drizzile ranked higher than Raboot! Wasn't expecting that

The Whole Sobble Line made into the Top 20!

Rillaboom is now the most popular of it's Line. VGC must've really helped it!
Also means Grookey might be free to Evolve in the Anime!

Hoenn and Galar are currently the only Generations where all 3 Starters Final Stages are more popular than their Base Stages (in Japan at least)

Can we PLEASE talk about how Google Translated Yamper and Cramorant's Japanese Names?!!! XD

Also look at the Number of Votes Rillaboom got! XD

Why the frick is Simisear in the top 15, while the 2 best looking ones are lacking from the top 30.

Because it used to be the Least Popular Pokémon of all time.

So Reverse Psychology?/

Last edited:
The Sobble and Scorbunny lines get their all stages registered but Grookey just one?
And I doubt the writers care about Sobble and Grookey.
The Scorbunny Line got a lot of attention in the Anime.

I am quite surprised Drizzile made it tho. But it could be because of it's association with Sobble and Inteleon?

And Maybe the Writers will start caring once they see this?

(Popularity Polls are the main reason why Rowlet never Evolved after all)

You know guys, now that Typhlosion has done so well in two popularity polls back to back (it was the highest-ranked Johto starter in the 2020 Pokemon of the Year Poll, and now its entire family line made it to the top 20 Johto Pokemon in this poll) I just hope they finally start giving that volcanic badger some overdue love...

I know that someone talked about this before here, but I wonder if the writers regret giving Sobble to Goh instead of Ash. Considering how Inteleon is massive in Japan, I think they will want that mon to get some type of focus at all costs. My only prob is that I feel like it could be a little too similar to Greninja tho :unsure:

I know that someone talked about this before here, but I wonder if the writers regret giving Sobble to Goh instead of Ash. Considering how Inteleon is massive in Japan, I think they will want that mon to get some type of focus at all costs. My only prob is that I feel like it could be a little too similar to Greninja tho :unsure:
Maybe they give Ash something and trade? And yes, It was a mistake giving Sobble to Ash.
You know guys, now that Typhlosion has done so well in two popularity polls back to back (it was the highest-ranked Johto starter in the 2020 Pokemon of the Year Poll, and now its entire family line made it to the top 20 Johto Pokemon in this poll) I just hope they finally start giving that volcanic badger some overdue love...
They are making it a starter in snap. (Goddamit snap, why did you have to make the cutest starters your starters!)

They are making it a starter in snap. (Goddamit snap, why did you have to make the cutest starters your starters!)
I was talking about Typhlosion's treatment in the anime specifically, though.

Yeah, the similarity to Greninja was the main reason I was somewhat skeptical about Ash getting a Sobble and fully evolving it. Not that I was necessarily against it, I just kept thinking "Isn't Inteleon's design and fighting style a bit too similar to Greninja, though? Wouldn't it be better if Ash got something that was really distinct? I don't want to get another Pignite situation..."

That said, the misleading marketing leading up to Sobble's debut was still terrible. Not because I wanted Ash to catch Sobble, but because it very clearly and deliberately baited the audience into thinking that he would, and that's a pretty shady thing to do on principle.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom