• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

Will they get rid of Night Slash (Crossroad Killing) on Sirfetch'd current moveset. It doesn't really fit in due to the White Knight route they seem to be taking with him.
I think Brutal Swing would be better off being removed, hopefully in favor of Meteor Assault.

With JN064 featuring an Absol, what are the odds of it being caught by Goh

It seems far from likely Ash would catch it but it would be nice
I mean, I don't know about you, but I would very much prefer if he actually caught Galar mons. Galar is being shafted in it's own (?) series, and it's sad to see. I will only accept for Ash to not capture it if he actually captures something good in Galar.

But knowing how this series is... Goh is prob gonna catch it. :rolleyes:

Will they get rid of Night Slash (Crossroad Killing) on Sirfetch'd current moveset. It doesn't really fit in due to the White Knight route they seem to be taking with him.
I think Brutal Swing would be better off being removed, hopefully in favor of Meteor Assault.
It's also quite possible that both moves will end up replaced, seeing how neither move really fits Sirfetch'd's new chivalrous personality. Brutal Swing with Meteor Assault, and Night Slash with Leaf Blade. I would also like Sirfetch'd to learn Brave Bird, because I think it fits him so well.

It's also quite possible that both moves will end up replaced, seeing how neither move really fits Sirfetch'd's new chivalrous personality. Brutal Swing with Meteor Assault, and Night Slash with Leaf Blade. I would also like Sirfetch'd to learn Brave Bird, because I think it fits him so well.
I'm 99% sure that it will learn Meteor Assault, or possibly even learned it already. The anime really likes to showcase signature moves, since it's always an interesting thing they can use when presenting a Pokémon, specially an offensive move, and from an member of Ash's team no last.

If I could chose it, it's moveset would be;

- Meteor Assault
- Brave Bird/Sky Attack
- Throat Chop/Leaf Blade
- Detect

Brave Bird does fit with a White Knight theme.

If Ash defeating Iris would put him in the Hyper class, then he is extremely close to breaking the top 100. It may have been a cool milestone had the showrunners paced both boys goals so that they hit 100 captures/ top 100 battlers at around the same time.

It's interesting to look back at how steeply Goh's capture rate has fallen from the early show while Ash's rank climbing is still going strong. Both boys had similar early milestones.

Starting out on their goals:

Ash- Defeats Visquez with a tease at a future Lt. Surge match and callback to the Kanto gym quest, (Gengar's battle debut) Rank jumps to a startling 3763/10,808+
Goh- Completes the canto bug dex, his first 'capture spree', with Scyther as the main focus (12 pokemon)

Confirming their goals/ progress:

Ash- battles Seiya and leaps another 2251 ranks to 1512
Goh- captures 8 pokemon, his second spree, with Farfetch'd being given special focus

Episode 25, the milestone (though primarily for Ash):

Ash- has 4 battles, the first 2 off screen, a minor one against the Lob (rises to 1022), and a major one against Korina, the first return character battle (Dragonite's battle debut). His rank rises to 921
Goh- Catches 9 pokemon from 5 species, with special focus being given to the 5 Fabebbe colors (though the captures a fairly minor part of the episode)

While Ash continues to blaze through the ranks into the Hyper class and Goh's captures have always been sporadic, the quantity of captures Goh makes in episodes has clearly gone down, while the number of capture free episodes seems to be increasing. Interesting then that the type of captures has remained fairly consistent, comprising almost entirely of early route first stage pokemon. I wonder if this will change following the escalation of the PWC?

*Edit: Ash's progress counts towards the end of his goal; battle Leon, while Goh's counts upward from 0 pokemon. It is difficult to say how far he is from completion given that alternate forms, shinnies, and any number of pokemon differences may be added to his goal. He doesn't really have any milestones, unless that is how minor legendaries are going to function?

If Ash defeating Iris would put him in the Hyper class, then he is extremely close to breaking the top 100. It may have been a cool milestone had the showrunners paced both boys goals so that they hit 100 captures/ top 100 battlers at around the same time.

It's interesting to look back at how steeply Goh's capture rate has fallen from the early show while Ash's rank climbing is still going strong. Both boys had similar early milestones.

Starting out on their goals:

Ash- Defeats Visquez with a tease at a future Lt. Surge match and callback to the Kanto gym quest, (Gengar's battle debut) Rank jumps to a startling 3763/10,808+
Goh- Completes the canto bug dex, his first 'capture spree', with Scyther as the main focus (12 pokemon)

Confirming their goals/ progress:

Ash- battles Seiya and leaps another 2251 ranks to 1512
Goh- captures 8 pokemon, his second spree, with Farfetch'd being given special focus

Episode 25, the milestone (though primarily for Ash):

Ash- has 4 battles, the first 2 off screen, a minor one against the Lob (rises to 1022), and a major one against Korina, the first return character battle (Dragonite's battle debut). His rank rises to 921
Goh- Catches 9 pokemon from 5 species, with special focus being given to the 5 Fabebbe colors (though the captures a fairly minor part of the episode)

While Ash continues to blaze through the ranks into the Hyper class and Goh's captures have always been sporadic, the quantity of captures Goh makes in episodes has clearly gone down, while the number of capture free episodes seems to be increasing. Interesting then that the type of captures has remained fairly consistent, comprising almost entirely of early route first stage pokemon. I wonder if this will change following the escalation of the PWC?

*Edit: Ash's progress counts towards the end of his goal; battle Leon, while Goh's counts upward from 0 pokemon. It is difficult to say how far he is from completion given that alternate forms, shinnies, and any number of pokemon differences may be added to his goal. He doesn't really have any milestones, unless that is how minor legendaries are going to function?
while Goh's captures have slowed down, that doesn't mean Ash's on screen progress has become better since it has mostly been off screen and lazily done. most of Ash and Goh goal related episodes are traded in favor of fillers.

Back
Top Bottom