• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

Which Pokemon you want Ash to get
Some from Kanto like Magnemite, Lickitung, Rhyhorn, Kabuto, Alakazam
Some from Johto like Dunsparce, Tyranitar, Sneasel, Steelix
Some from Hoenn like Shiny Trapinch, Bagon, Aron, Absol, Solrock, Lunatone, Latias
Some from Sinnoh like Piplup, Skorupi, Bronzor
Some from Unova like Zorua, Klink, Deino
Some from Kalos like Honedge, Skrelp. Tyrant
Some from Alola like A-Geodude, Wimpod, Dhelmise, Jangmo-o
Some from Galar like Rookidee, Rolycoly, Pincurchin

I have a question. Which three old gen starters would you want Ash to get since Goh unfortunately has the Galar starter trio?

For Kanto i only could see him catch the Growlithe/Arcanine line, i personally see the line the most fit for him. Maybe if the Franchise lets him catch Legendaries i can see him catch Articuno but thats a long stretch..

For Johto I wanted him to catch the Slowking but that's already a missed opportunity, the Umbreon/Espeon Eevee lines are the most fitting for ash so if he were to get a eevee line those i find most fit, for others maybe Tyranitar line and if he were to catch any legends either Entei or Ho-Oh.

For Hoenn maybe the Blaziken/Swampert starter line, I already said goodby to Flygon wich would have fitted him very well but if i had to chose some others maybe the Armaldo fossil line or something els like a random Walrein wich would be a cool ice type. Absol would also be a cool fit and for legendaries Latias.

For Sinnoh the Piplup starter line, for others maybe the Luxray line wich would be cool or Weavile wich i think is a fitting pokemon for ash.

For Unova i would like him to catch the Zoroak line, for otherrs Maybe a Bisharp or Braviary.

For Kalos i would have him catch the Tyrantrum line, for others a Gogoat or Pyroar.

For Alola i really want him to catch Zeraora, in my eyes a very Ashlike pokemon, for others maybe the jangmo-o line or thee return of Solgaleo..

For Galar i could see him catch a Corviknight or a Toxtricity, i would like him to catch the Grimmsnarl line that would be a change but probably not gonna happen. Frosmoth would be a nice new bug pokemon for him or his own Dragapult line would also be nice, inbefore him catching a Zarude would also be shocking.

I have a question. Which three old gen starters would you want Ash to get since Goh unfortunately has the Galar starter trio?

I'd be kind of surprised if they gave Ash older starters, especially when he has a good portion of them already. I can't really picture too many of the other starters with Ash. Mudkip might work, especially when we didn't get to see much of Swampert in the anime. A part of me would kind of love to see him with a Popplio. It would be a combination of just wanting to see one of my favorite starters in the anime again and to give Ash a more traditionally cute Pokemon. I remember people saying that Ash wouldn't get Popplio because of its evolved forms looking too feminine, which just made me want Ash to get one even more. Because I don't recall people saying that Ash shouldn't get more masculine looking Pokemon.

The only two Pokemon that I'm still really holding out for Ash to get this series are Espeon and possibly Empoleon. I've always wanted him to have Espeon since it would be his first(ish) Psychic-type, draws a lot of parallels to stuff like Red's Espeon and Gary's Umbreon, and I think it suits him in a lot of ways. And even though I'm not really gunning for him to get old starters, Empoleon just works; it would finish that starter trio and would tie in nicely with upcoming Sinnoh promotion. :)

Other than those two, the upcoming Absol could potentially be a nice addition to his team? Mostly though, I'd just be happy if Gengar shows up more often from here on out. That was a Pokemon I wanted him to have for a very long time and I'd like to see it more often before dedicating attention to new captures just yet.

It seems like Goh is catching the Absol from this week's episode. And could the frozen Poké Ball from the preview be him catching Ninetales?

Now that is interesting, just saw a video about it speculating about Snowy

I can see Absol was next with Gengar that means either Ash or Goh will get it.

My money is on Goh, would prefer Hodge to catch it though

The Alolan Ninetales on the poster is not Snowy. If it was then Lillie herself would have been on the poster too.
You don't know that for sure, it's not even an official poster. That Ninetales stands out because it's so random and not associated with anything related to Project Mew so far, so we'll have to wait for more information. Most likely, it'll be an episode post-CT arc.

You don't know that for sure, it's not even an official poster. That Ninetales stands out because it's so random and not associated with anything related to Project Mew so far, so we'll have to wait for more information. Most likely, it'll be an episode post-CT arc.
It might be a new capture either Ash or Gou get.

I can't really see Ash getting an Alolan Ninetales. It would be cool, but it seems unlikely when they didn't let him even catch an Alolan regional form during SM. Goh seems a bit more plausible by comparison, but I'm still leading towards hinting at Lillie's return at the moment.
If it was referring to Lillie then she will be there on the poster. Everything on the poster except for Absol and Alolan Ninetales belong to either Ash or Gou, and since not even Eevee or Yamper are there it is clear that Absol and Alolan Ninetales will belong to either Ash or Gou.

If it was referring to Lillie then she will be there on the poster. Everything on the poster except for Absol and Alolan Ninetales belong to either Ash or Gou, and since not even Eevee or Yamper are there it is clear that Absol and Alolan Ninetales will belong to either Ash or Gou.
Hey, remember that one poster that placed Sandy the Eevee right next to Ash and Pikachu when it wound up caught by Lana instead? Yeah, this could very easily be another situation like that. Heck, it's actually not that uncommon for posters to feature Pokemon alongside the main cast that wound up being rather unimportant, with the Alola saga being particularly egregious with how often it did this: even discounting the Sandy example, the Alola posters tended to feature things like Mudbray and Kommo-o as though they were gonna be MC Pokemon, only for them to get extremely minor roles in the long run.

Hey, remember that one poster that placed Sandy the Eevee right next to Ash and Pikachu when it wound up caught by Lana instead? Yeah, this could very easily be another situation like that. Heck, it's actually not that uncommon for posters to feature Pokemon alongside the main cast that wound up being rather unimportant, with the Alola saga being particularly egregious with how often it did this: even discounting the Sandy example, the Alola posters tended to feature things like Mudbray and Kommo-o as though they were gonna be MC Pokemon, only for them to get extremely minor roles in the long run.
It would be weird if Snowy was there without Lillie, as Lillie is not appearing in any promotional material at the current moment.

It would be weird if Snowy was there without Lillie, as Lillie is not appearing in any promotional material at the current moment.
I never said the Ninetales was Snowy, though. Nor did I even imply it. I'm personally thinking it might end up being a prominent Pokemon of the Episode and nothing more.

Back
Top Bottom