• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

We've barely seen any of Drizzile?

And also I expect Drizzile to meet up with Jacqueline's Inteleon again before it reaches that point
(Given how much Drizzile thinks about him and how he's the biggest catalyst in why Drizzile evolved in the first place it would be very odd to say the least if Inteleon doesn't appear again :unsure:)

These are gen 3 pokemon from original journey poster.
Gardevoir, Salamance, altaria, blaziken, flygon and absol ( last two are caught). These are only possibilities for Ash.. I don't think he can capture those pokémon...
Pelliper, Latias, Latios. Jirachi, and Rayquaza as well.
With Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl coming up, i think Gohs Sinnoh dex (Which only has Mantyke at the moment), will most likely rapidly increase in the August, September and October months. I think that when Goh sees Infernape in action, he most likely wants one for his own.
While I do think we will see Goh capture more Sinnoh pokemon in the near future, I don't think he will capture any past gen starters.
This Merchandise seems to tie into the Anime

View: https://twitter.com/Pokeshopper/status/1387845239289831432?s=19

And before anyone gets their Tacos in a twist, I'm pretty sure that Inteleon is the one from JN54. (I doubt Gou's Drizzile is evolving THAT quickly lol)

Given that this piece of merchandise is the third batch release after these Urshifu and Galar bird sets, I assume that it could very well be for Goh's Inteleon sometime after the Project Mew arc. The merch does tend to predate the episodes after all.
ExN1p4gWgAEzwfa.jpg
Es1Rh4XXAAY7TvM.jpg

Pls I have a question. What Pokemon would you give Ash if you were asked to write Pokemon Journeys? You can state the reasons for the Pokemon you've chosen for Ash if you want wish to

Pls I have a question. What Pokemon would you give Ash if you were asked to write Pokemon Journeys? You can state the reasons for the Pokemon you've chosen for Ash if you want wish to
Those are my questions I asked yesterday. Why are you taking my questions as your own? Did you even bother asking me first?

If I were writing this, it wouldn’t be Pokémon Journeys.

JN065 saw several things happen

Iris's Axew had evolved into Haxorus
Goh caught Pansear and Pansage

Interesting that he never caught Pansage, wonder if he'll get Simisear and Simipour at some point

Lucario
Dragonite
Gengar
Rillaboom
Corviknight
Flygon
Solgaleo
Absol
Tyranitar

And maybe also Blastoise and Obstagoon.
I want him to have a rotating team.

These are gen 3 pokemon from original journey poster.
Gardevoir, Salamance, altaria, blaziken, flygon and absol ( last two are caught). These are only possibilities for Ash.. I don't think he can capture those pokémon...
I don't see why Ash can't catch himself an Absol or a Flygon. Goh's goal is catching EVERY Pokemon, so of course he's gonna have some dittos with Ash.

No ash shouldn’t catch any more pokemon. His team right now is strong in physical power but lacks the emotional psychological part of it. Catching more pokemon just means less screentime for those pokemon like gengar to appear. What he should do is start just focusing on his team spirit which Journeys is doing absolutely terrible job at. They should also bring back his older pokemon like his aces because they’re already developed and it makes sense if he would to beat someone strong with them because he already trained with him. It doesn’t make sense how Ash can beat Iris with pokemon that fought in maybe 2-3 battles (dragonite and dracovish). Iris is literally a champion of Unova and it made the whole episode feel cheesy and fake because she lost to ash pokemon that the writers failed to developed well despite ash being a strong trainer. It seems they are just hanging on to (DRAGONITE YOU CAN DO IT!) instead of actually animating real training episodes. Almost every battle that Ash won in journeys seems undeserved. His pokemon manage to learn a new move during the battle or be super powerful due to ash words( Plot armor). What happened to the D/P days? Buizel learning ice punch before the battle and not just magically learning it is a great example of how this should happen

So writers need to have Ash start using the pokemon he has right now or use previous pokemon from other series. Or every fight will seem like plot armour for Ash (Forget about Goh he’s in a plot armor shield). I mean when’s the last time we’ve seen Gengar? Basically Ash is neglecting it and there’s really no difference to the previous trainer. I can’t emphasize how much the writers need to step up their game. It seems they’re more focused on these filler episodes but we need development episodes for Ash’s pokemon. Why the hell do we need to watch Flabebe next episode? At this rate, beating Leon will seem like a big joke even if he has so many fully evolved pokemon.

Last edited:
No ash shouldn’t catch any more pokemon. His team right now is strong in physical power but lacks the emotional psychological part of it. Catching more pokemon just means less screentime for those pokemon like gengar to appear. What he should do is start just focusing on his team spirit which Journeys is doing absolutely terrible job at. They should also bring back his older pokemon like his aces because they’re already developed and it makes sense if he would to beat someone strong with them because he already trained with him. It doesn’t make sense how Ash can beat Iris with pokemon that fought in maybe 2-3 battles (dragonite and dracovish). Iris is literally a champion of Unova and it made the whole episode feel cheesy and fake because she lost to ash pokemon that the writers failed to developed well despite ash being a strong trainer. It seems they are just hanging on to (DRAGONITE YOU CAN DO IT!) instead of actually animating real training episodes. Almost every battle that Ash won in journeys seems undeserved. His pokemon manage to learn a new move during the battle or be super powerful due to ash words( Plot armor). What happened to the D/P days? Buizel learning ice punch before the battle and not just magically learning it is a great example of how this should happen

It seems a bit odd to me to say that Ash shouldn't capture any more Pokemon because of his current team is being handled, but that he should also bring back his older Pokemon. It's true that his reserves are already developed and wouldn't necessarily need a lot of screentime, but they would overshadow his current team quite easily. I'm also not really sure if they would really feel the need to make Ash use his reserves for any upcoming matches. If his current team can carry him to the Hyper Class, including defeating the Unova Champion, then why would he think he needs to bring in his more experienced Pokemon? Even if he's struggling against certain trainers, wouldn't it make more sense to just train his current team instead? It would at least help to improve on how they're managing Ash's team by having him actually train and work with his Pokemon. I'd still like for Ash to capture some more Pokemon, if only because I still wish that he could have a couple more Galar Pokemon.

Beary said:
So writers need to have Ash start using the pokemon he has right now or use previous pokemon from other series. Or every fight will seem like plot armour for Ash (Forget about Goh he’s in a plot armor shield). I mean when’s the last time we’ve seen Gengar? Basically Ash is neglecting it and there’s really no difference to the previous trainer. I can’t emphasize how much the writers need to step up their game. It seems they’re more focused on these filler episodes but we need development episodes for Ash’s pokemon. Why the hell do we need to watch Flabebe next episode? At this rate, beating Leon will seem like a big joke even if he has so many fully evolved pokemon.

I'm pretty sure that there's a huge difference between Ash not using Gengar more frequently and his previous trainer happily abandoning it for years. Saying that there's no difference between them is just harsh and untrue. I'm not saying that this excuses the minimal screentime for Gengar or any of Ash's Pokemon, but painting Ash as this neglectful trainer because of what ultimately is the writers' decisions seems rather harsh. If the writers didn't have most of Ash's PWC matches off screen or have most of them be one-on-one battles, that probably could have gone a long way with showing Ash's team more frequently and giving more weight to these battles as opposed to making them so much more infrequent.

Back
Top Bottom