• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

I reckon in the next series, it will be Ash will doing rotated team in Gen 9 and the other old gens.

I seriously hope they don't rotate if he sticks around. They need a solid team of 6 and they need to give them all more screentime than the disastrous amount the Journeys team has had. There's been so many chances in fillers even where they could have simply had them around to interact and they chose not to.

As much as i'd love for Ash to use/rotate his reserves, I think he just has far too many Pokemon for the anime staff to pull that off reliably. They could certainly try considering his old Pokemon already have established personalities, but they'd have to reintroduce many of them to a new audience. Kids these days might know who, for instance his Glalie is, since it hasn't appeared since that large group photo at the end of the Unova Saga.

I think I would've preferred Paul, Trip, hell it could've been Tyson(the league rival with the Puss n' Boots Meowth)for all I care just so that two of the strongest known trainers in the world didn't have a Charizard as their ace.

Suggestion for what Ash can do next if he wins the PWC: go challenge, battle, and maybe catch various legendary/mythical Pokémon like Mewtwo., Rayquaza, Ho-Oh, Kyurem.

Since we’re likely to hit a 1000 Pokémon in Gen 9 (95 to go even if we have to wait for Gen 9.5 to get there) I’ve always liked the idea of Ash having a 100 out of 1000 Pokémon.

Not exactly sure how many slots are left. It’s a little over 40 though. Things get confusing depending on exactly how you count Ash’s Pokémon. The Heisei era special counts Raticate, Seaking, and Beedrill who the anime openings/endings never did. And who I at least won’t be counting.

Then there is Mr. Mime who is just confusing. You’d think he was Ash’s Mom’s this whole time, but then he was on that old Jp BW era website of Ash’s Pokémon (as was Raticate), followed by being included on the Heisei era special.

Which was a mess since Lapras was counted twice on that table sheet and Charizard wasn’t counted at all so (neither was Poipole)… tbh if they were just trying to fill in the gaps on that 5x10 table they could of just added some of the extra Tauros.

Plus there is Aipom who is Dawn’s Ambipom now…

Anyways, yeah once I figure out the math (looking to be 46 based on how I’m counting) and once Gen 9 gives Ash everyone it’ll give him (down to 41 if it’s just five again). Just for fun I’d like to do a fan poll to fill in the blanks.

I hope Grookey evolves into Thwackey in episode 113. Because It's evolution was leaked alot this year. So maybe It will evolve in episode 113 while fighting against Regieleki.
The special preview shows Goh using Cinderace. I doubt Goh would be using an unevolved starter in a serious battle, anyway.

So, Gladion (and his family) caught a Nihilego in today's episode. Can be interesting.

Its beastball did appear in Gladion's possesion in the preview for the next episode. (Funny how non of his Pokémon share the same model of pokéball.) I wonder if he consider to use it in the battle royale.

So, Gladion (and his family) caught a Nihilego in today's episode. Can be interesting.

Its beastball did appear in Gladion's possesion in the preview for the next episode. (Funny how non of his Pokémon share the same model of pokéball.) I wonder if he consider to use it in the battle royale.
I know and he did.

I just realized Grookey will not evolve in Episode 113 which made me disappointed. I guess he will evolve in one of the last episodes of Pokemon Journeys.

Also I see Iris having a Milotic, Lapras, or Goodra.

I just realized Grookey will not evolve in Episode 113 which made me disappointed. I guess he will evolve in one of the last episodes of Pokemon Journeys.
It's also possible it won't evolve at all.
Also I see Iris having a Milotic, Lapras, or Goodra.
I'm not sure if we'll even see any Pokémon from her other than the ones we already know.

I'm not sure if we'll even see any Pokémon from her other than the ones we already know.
I could see her reveal just one new capture, since it wouldn't really make sense for a Champion to not have at least a full team, but it's true that the possibility isn't very high. I think the most we might get is seeing her Gible fully evolved.

Can we see Excadrill? It's already annoying Raihan used his Galarian Star Tournament team (the only time he uses all Dragon-types), and it'd be stupid for Iris to ditch her first because of that, especially when she uses non-Dragon-types in the games too.

Back
Top Bottom