• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

Apperently this is a free thing that is coming with the next copy of corocoro, which is on march 18th.
So either they revealed this thing way too early and it releases before the evolution even happens, or we are getting Floragato on episode 43, since I can't imagine it happening in the Palafin episode.

Apperently this is a free thing that is coming with the next copy of corocoro, which is on march 18th.
So either they revealed this thing way too early and it releases before the evolution even happens, or we are getting Floragato on episode 43, since I can't imagine it happening in the Palafin episode.

Reminds me of when the manga version of Journeys revealed Drizzile evolving into Inteleon before the anime did.

I remember that. We were going insane over that lol. Imagine that happens again.
Well at least this time it wouldn’t be as jarring considering how the writers literally threw Drizzile into a cave until they decided to evolve it. Still probably the laziest evolution to date.

Well at least this time it wouldn’t be as jarring considering how the writers literally threw Drizzile into a cave until they decided to evolve it. Still probably the laziest evolution to date.
That was so disappointing, barring a brief appearance in JN070, Drizzile was completely absent, Goh could have done a lot to try and boost its confidence, getting over it not evolving into Inteleon

I'm not going to act like Drizzile evolving into Inteleon wasn't "unearned" or anything, but the Drizzile evolution episode did end with Goh saying that Drizzile would come out of its cave when it was ready and that he wasn't going to force it to come out if it didn't want to, because that was how he was treated as a kid. You can't force someone to open up or defend why they feel the way they do, sometimes you just have to respect their space, which was what Drizzile wanted.

I'm not going to act like Drizzile evolving into Inteleon wasn't unearned or anything, but the Drizzile evolution episode did end with Goh saying that Drizzile would come out of its cave when it was ready and that he wasn't going to force it to come out if it didn't want to, because that was how he was treated as a kid. You can't force someone to open up or defend why they feel the way they do, sometimes you just have to respect their space, which was what Drizzile wanted.
The problem isn’t the lesson there though but the fact that the writers basically set up such a narrative and then did absolutely nothing with it, just hiding it away as if they were ashamed of it until they just rushed an evolution with the excuse that it had been training in secret. There was no compelling point to the narrative because they entirely skipped the actual character growth portion of it.

Thinking about it, I am actually pretty disappointed that they did not do more with Inteleon as a Drizzile. It's a shame because Journeys actually compelled me to like Drizzile a bit more.

It's not like Journeys didn't have pokemon centric episodes, could of easily had one that showed the training and stuff but without Goh present so the lesson from the episode stays.

So do have have to use spoiler tags in this thread or is it just if you want??
You only need to use spoiler tags if you're discussing something that isn't already common knowledge, for example:

It was recently spoiled by a piece of Japanese merch that Liko's Sprigatito will evolve into Floragato.

You only need to use spoiler tags if you're discussing something that isn't already common knowledge, for example:

It was recently spoiled by a piece of Japanese merch that Liko's Sprigatito will evolve into Floragato.
When would that not be common knowledge though?? Like I would think actual merch isn't a leak. Does the episode that happens have to be announced before we can talk about it freely or does it need to air first??

When would that not be common knowledge though?? Like I would think actual merch isn't a leak. Does the episode that happens have to be announced before we can talk about it freely or does it need to air first??
Well, I would think not everyone has access to that information and wouldn't want to be spoiled ahead of time. As for the episode airing question, I'd have to say the latter is probably the correct answer.

Well, I would think not everyone has access to that information and wouldn't want to be spoiled ahead of time. As for the episode airing question, I'd have to say the latter is probably the correct answer.
This is why I feel Serebii does it a bit better, everything about the anime is in the spoiler section outside of the dub titles and the episode discussions after they aired. That way there's a big disclaimer at the top of don't come in this section if you don't like spoilers and saves people the hassle of dealing with spoiler tags and stuff. I think the one exception to this is actual episode leaks and that has it's own separate thread.

This is why I feel Serebii does it a bit better, everything about the anime is in the spoiler section outside of the dub titles and the episode discussions after they aired. That way there's a big disclaimer at the top of don't come in this section if you don't like spoilers and saves people the hassle of dealing with spoiler tags and stuff. I think the one exception to this is actual episode leaks and that has it's own separate thread.
Everybody's just trying to be courteous I suppose.

I guess but then this really isn't the thread for you cuz the whole point is speculation and spoilers based on merch and the episodes and previews and stuff lol. Unless I'm mistaken on the purpose of the thread in which case correct me.
Well actually, I believe the whole point of this thread is discussing new captures/evolutions for the main characters. The speculation and spoilers are just extras and generally tend to come in the form of Japanese merch, which can sometimes leak weeks or even months before the episode where said capture/evolution takes place airs. That's why everyone here tries to avoid spoiling stuff for people who don't want to be too long ahead of time. Personally, I don't mind at all, as I tend to be impatient regarding certain things, and I don't mind spoilers/sneak previews one bit.

No captures in today's episode but Ludlow is revealed to own a Sharpedo
Saw the no captures thing coming a million miles away, I'm not shocked in the slightest. I can't believe people actually thought Roy was getting the Palafin here-yeah right! They really thought he was going to catch a fully evolved, powerful Pokemon when he hasn't even used his poor Wattrel in goddamn forever? Riiiiight.

Ludlow having a Sharpedo is cool though I guess.

Back
Top Bottom