• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

Actually, too me Tepig has shown just as much personality as Snivy and Oshawott. He's very sensitive about losing, always battles his strongest and seems very loyal to Ash. Also, based on the title of Ep. 16 (Shippou Gym Rematch! Explosive New Move!!) it seems Tepig (or Oshawott) will be learning a new move which will possibly include character development.

It's not that I don't think he has any personality at all, just that he could use more focus. And, so far, most of that's been going to Osha. If Tepig gets to be the star of BW16, then that would be great. He certainly has the potential for some good character development, and I am very open to future possibilities.

Last edited:
I hope all of Ash´s Unova team will fully evolve (except Pikachu of course)I mean with contenders like Shootie (and maybe Bel) Ash is going to need A LOT of powerhouses by the time they reach the Unova league.

It would be great to see Ash with 3 fully evolved starters, something he never had before in one team.

Here's hoping BW's "reboot" doesn't make Ash's team stay unevolved like in Johto.

It would be great to see Ash with 3 fully evolved starters, something he never had before in one team.

Here's hoping BW's "reboot" doesn't make Ash's team stay unevolved like in Johto.

I doubt they'd pull a Johto with the starters. Don't you always say the writers handled Johto poorly overall?
I think we all agree they're getting better, not worse.

I am confident most of his team will be fully-evolved by the end. If he had two evolved starters in Sinnoh I think it would be logical if all three evolved this time.

I doubt they'd pull a Johto with the starters. Don't you always say the writers handled Johto poorly overall?

I am confident most of his team will be fully-evolved by the end. If he had two evolved starters in Sinnoh I think it would be logical if all three evolved this time.

With the writers you never know D:

Who knows with BW. Its going back to the original formula.

Iris has no major quest and is getting very little screentime, Ash has all the starters again, the pacing is quicker....

It all reminds me of the old seasons, which sadly had very few evo's.

Who knows with BW. Its going back to the original formula.

Iris has no major quest and is getting very little screentime, Ash has all the starters again, the pacing is quicker....

It all reminds me of the old seasons, which sadly had very few evo's.

less evo's, but more screen time for the main 6 pokeys. They even threw that out of the window now, putting a lot of focus on Miju.

Well, I guess we can finally cross Dark off the list. It's just Rock, Steel and Psychic left now before Ash has had one of everything.

Then again... even though it looks pretty clear that Ash is the one controlling Zuruggu, the relationship between Zuruggu and Iris in those sketches that Sunyshore posted a few months ago is still a mystery.

Edit: Well, maybe not considering Zuruggu's standing behind Iris and not sitting on her head.

Last edited:
It looks like his new Pokémon will have a similar personality to Corphish.

Is that accurate? Sure Corphish had a mean streak, but in general it was pretty friendly, compared to Sceptile and Buizel.

But you did say similar. But Zuruggu doesn't look like a Pokemon who is going to bond with anyone, any time soon (Corphish's mean streak mellowed down after Ash caught it).

Is that accurate? Sure Corphish had a mean streak, but in general it was pretty friendly, compared to Sceptile and Buizel.

But you did say similar. But Zuruggu doesn't look like a Pokemon who is going to bond with anyone, any time soon (Corphish's mean streak mellowed down after Ash caught it).

I'd say more similar to Buizel imo. I mean Buizel did have more conflicts than Corphish did with Croagunk and Pikachu. But Zuruggu does seem to have its own twist to the hot headed personality we've seen before and that'd be cool to see on Ash's team.

If Ash keeps Zuruggu, I'd actually would be quite happy, it's seems like a cool pokemon that I think will bring alot of personality and unique battles to the show.

If the Zuruggu goes to Iris, I'd be mad just because to me it's almost togepi all over again, but I would eventually get over it and come to actually liking Zuruggu with Iris.

So all that leaves is Kurumiru and Sandile, which I believe will both be caught by Ash later on.

If Zurrugu goes with Iris that would be pretty freaking stupid, no?

Regardless, I still believe that Ash is going to catch 6+ Pokemon, especially if we are following the original formula here. You know, the kids that watched the first seasons of Pokemon are older now, and while many, (like us) stick with the series and even seldomer the anime, we must understand the new audience. Possibly the writers want to convey the same feeling to the new audience.
Argh............
Ash gets 6+ Pokemon. Anyone have any ideas what they would be or if it would happen at all?

Well, if he gets Zuruggu, I wouldn't want him to get Sandile or another dark type, it would be redundant. If he gets more than 6 pokémon, I'd like Ash to get one of Gobitto/Goruggo, Desumasu/Cofagrigus or Kaburumo/Shuarugo.

Back
Top Bottom