• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

Haunter was a bit fickle, as I recall. He was mainly just wandering in and out whenever it pleased him. Ash didn't really seem to have any control over him at all, so I've never thought of him as a team member myself.

Haunter was a bit fickle, as I recall. He was mainly just wandering in and out whenever it pleased him. Ash didn't really seem to have any control over him at all, so I've never thought of him as a team member myself.

Agreed. To me Haunter was just going with the flow and just followed Ash to see what happened.

It feels pretty boring that he already have 6 pokémon in his party (if the egg count) since he never catches a new pokémon when his party is full.

And that he don't keep pokémon when he travels to another region, but that understandable i guess. But just think about how poweful Gible, Quilava and Buizel could become if he trains them. Now they just shows up every third year or so.

Yeah, Ash doesn't need a rock or steel type, so there's nothing special about him not having those types.

Now that he finally has a dragon and dark type, its really only psychic and ghost that he has a void of.

If Ash gets one more capture in BW, I really hope its one of the ghost pokemon. Sadly one of them has already appeared so Ash probably won't get it later on.

if Ash does catch a 7th pokemon i just hope its not ground unless they are grooming him to be the gym leader in viridian when all is said and done. that and i hope its not the garbage bag or the icecream cone. the creators lost it when they made them in my mind.

Jessie and James have both used and caught two Psychic-type pokemon each, Misty briefly used a Starmie in the original series.

Misty has a Psyduck, obviously a psychic type...psy.psy....

While no main characters have caught a Ghost-type pokemon yet, some of the main rivals were seen using them at least once. Paul used a Froslass in his battle against Ash, Zoey used a Mismagius that evolved from a Misdreavus, and Shooti currently has the Water/Ghost pokemon Pururiru.

I think there was another movie "The Legend of Thunder"? ehre the female main character obtained a Misdreavus, whcih is a psychic/dark type and the other male charcter had a Beedril, a poison type!

Misty has a Psyduck, obviously a psychic type...psy.psy....

Surprisingly enough, Psyduck is not a Psychic-type.

I think there was another movie "The Legend of Thunder"? ehre the female main character obtained a Misdreavus, whcih is a psychic/dark type and the other male charcter had a Beedril, a poison type!

"The Legend of Thunder" is a special that aired during the Johto saga.

Misdreavus is actually a Ghost-type, neither Psychic nor Dark.

:)

Well Gible already made an appearance in DP, and Ash still got one later on. If Ash were to get a ghost type though, my guess would go to Gobitto.

Mr. Roboto is my first choice too for a ghost if Ash were to get one, and given it's appearance (the fact it seems to have a physical body.) it could work, then again the coffin pokemon would also be nice, really nice to mess up Shooti's cheap octopus with the mummy ability.

Now that I look at the genga pics more closely, I can see how certain conclusions could have been drawn.

other_art_bw_group02.jpg

It really does look like Zuruggu is on her head, doesn't it? But in reality, it's just on the ground next to Oshawott, as shown here:

other_art_bw_group04.jpg

Funny what wonky perspective can accomplish, eh? X}

It really does look like Zuruggu is on her head, doesn't it? But in reality, it's just on the ground next to Oshawott, as shown here:

other_art_bw_group04.jpg

Wrong Picture, there was one Sunyshore posted that was much more conclusive that Zuruggu wasn't on Iris's head.

I wish I had seen the picture you posted though. Because looking at it, if Zuruggu had been Iris, why is it the furthest from her in this photo and right next to Oshawott.

Though I really hate seeing Sandile right next to Ash. Since it again seems to imply Ash is getting it, I wished it wasn't Sandile. I sort of wish it was Gobitto, or Desumasu, or hell Munna. But Sandile?

Why choose it over all the other 5th gen Pokemon. Especially getting Sandile would mean Tepig won't evolve since it evolving would make Zuruggu completely redundant and a pointless capture.

I almost wished Sandile was in the egg, there was no Zuruggu at all. that way we wouldn't be having Ash catch 100s of Pokemon. I mean I predict 8 Unova Pokemon but if Ash is getting Zuruggu and Kurumiru, I don't want Ash to get Sandile. Why not Kumashun and Gobitto instead?

With all the info we're given, I'm pretty sure it's just the Sandile that's been following them back for another go.

Makes me wonder if, perhaps, they could set it up as an unofficial member...never have Ash catch it, but have it reappear enough that it's almost like a member of the main cast. I'd like that quite a bit, actually.

Back
Top Bottom