• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

I hope alll the staters reach their final forms.

I tend to agree, if only because the writers will probably want to showcase all the final stages properly instead of with minimal screentime from the rivals.

Empoleon kinda got screwed over in this regard, hence why Kenny got one two in the last minute.

Why do people doubt Oshawott will evolve? Kibago was much more the series mascot, and its evolving.

Oshawott is no more overused than Treecko, Turtwig or Chimchar were.

I believe the doubts are primarily stemming from Oshawott's established niche in this series. He provides comic relief in many episodes, mostly because of his eccentric behaviors.

Fans believe that once a pokemon evolves and matures, it will begin to lose its happy-go-lucky demeanor and therefore become more serious. That is to say, the writers might not be able to keep up with Oshawott's antics if they decide to have it evolve later on in the series.

It also doesn't help that out of all of the water-type pokemon Ash has on him, only a Krabby that was immediately sent to Professor Oak's laboratory after a very brief capture evolved. That same Krabby made very sparse appearances throughout Kanto; the battle where it evolved was also its first battle. Up until this point, the writers seemed adamant in refusing to allow most of Ash's water-types to evolve.

Of course, the direction in this series seems to be different than ones in the past. Maybe this will be the first time that Ash's water-type will evolve under his ownership?

Ash always has one Pokemon that gets more screentime than others in each region, (Charizard, Sceptile, and Infernape are perfect examples).

Oshawott is this particular series overused Ash starter. For that reason I see it evolving and becoming Ash's next big powerhouse, but also the first water one.

That's not to say I don't think the other two starters could fully evolve as well. Hell, I once thought Grotle would stay in its middle form and not evolve, and I was proven wrong there.

I believe the doubts are primarily stemming from Oshawott's established niche in this series. He provides comic relief in many episodes, mostly because of his eccentric behaviors.

Fans believe that once a pokemon evolves and matures, it will begin to lose its happy-go-lucky demeanor and therefore become more serious. That is to say, the writers might not be able to keep up with Oshawott's antics if they decide to have it evolve later on in the series.

The thing I find fault with that argument is that we can't expect Oshawott to be like that during the league. Last series, Ash went up against some of the strongest trainers we've seen in the anime with Paul and Tobias and if it's only going to get more challenging from here...all the cute stuff Oshawott does would not make sense with the competitive atmosphere. I think it's a nice beginning thing but Oshawott should really develop overtime and he really can't do what he does now during the league. I mean it's not like Ash is Dawn where all the cuteness works for the contest scene.

The pokemon I feel should evolve all the way on Ash's team are: Samurott, Unfezant, Scrafty, and Leavanny.

Ash usually evolves his birds all the way, Scraggy evolving could help it match up to Axew evolving (assuming their rivalry holds up), and Leavanny is pretty much the more obvious evo form for Ash to use. Then with one fully evolved starter and a possible Pignite and maybe Servine...I think Ash's team would be good to go.

Alright. But if every Gym does go at a 10 ep gap, we'll be at the 4th gym by BW35.

and u say this why?? im not following where ur going with this.
all i was doing was giving the percentages of the starters chances of evolving by the time he beats the 4th gym. i was thinking snivy and tepig would be the best bet to evolve before then and Osh evolving in between gyms 4 and 5. pidove i think will evolve all the way before gym 6 tepig by gym eight snivy and zuggeru i think in the league and Osh will not reach its final stage till much later on.

Why do people doubt Oshawott will evolve?
Oh because in this particular instance I'd rather be pessimistic so that way if Oshawott does evolve it'll be that much sweeter for me, and I'd rather be pessimistic than the crap storm that will happen for all those who believe Oshawott will evolve and it doesn't.

Unlike say Ash catching Sewaddle when there's a 95% chance he's catching it and I feel confident that he will.

Poor Totodile. I used to think he would fully evolve.
Well that's probably because Ash told his Totodile that he would be a Feraligatr, someday, EXCEPT that never happened. I still think either Totodile or Cyndaquil (if not both) should've evolved before the league. I can't see why the writers only ever evolved Chikorita, especially when Brock and Misty both had more evolutions than Ash.

Hint =/= Definite fact. For all we know, they could be randomly selected. Kibago's evolving is possible but this is far from being "confirmed"...

Let's see how many questions I can ask:

1. Why are the basic non evolved stage starters on there?
2. Why is Excadrill on there?
3 Why is Dwebble on there?
4. Why is Pansage on there?
5. Why is Scraggy on there?
6. Why isn't Pidove on there?
7. Why isn't Axew on there?
8. Do you know the lunchbox is supposed to advertise Best Wishes?

Let's see how many questions I can ask:

1. Why are the basic non evolved stage starters on there?

Because they are starters...

4. Why is Pansage on there?

Why is Pansear and Panpour on there?

2. Why is Excadrill on there?
3 Why is Dwebble on there?
5. Why is Scraggy on there?
6. Why isn't Pidove on there?
7. Why isn't Axew on there?

Random pokemon?

8. Do you know the lunchbox is supposed to advertise Best Wishes?

I don't understand your point. Kibago's evolving is not confirmed and that's means its evolving isn't a fact. What is the problem in this?

Random pokemon?

I don't understand your point. Kibago's evolving is not confirmed and that's means its evolving isn't a fact. What is the problem in this?

Look, technically it isn't set in stone that Axew is evolving soon, but the facts show that there's a good chance its happening. Most of the Pokemon on their rather belong to Ash, Iris or Dent, or have already appeared in the show. Whether you like it or not, Axew is going to have to eventually evolve, its part of the plot.

martianmister@ Hey I know its not confirmed, but when this Lunchbox is advertise for the anime, Best Wishes, which only has 1 set of cast and 1 set of story, then it can not just be random Pokemon picked... :b

Back
Top Bottom