• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

Looks like the anime is starting ro give some attention to the electric rodent of each gen

Emonga will probably go to Iris, if anyone, but if he ends up with Ash it'd be really strange to have an electric rodent with Pikachu too.

Yeah,,,one of them is a baby and the other one wont obey her,,, I hope she gets the Emonga or another Poke soon.

I don't think anyone's getting Emonga. For all we know, it could be just a wil one in the movie or one belonging to a COTD.

Seems kinda suspicious to me, after all the other pokemon keychains conviently happen to be Ash's pokemon...who knows.

Though there are two funny things that come if Ash does get it.
1.Another "rule" gets broken, that being ash can't have another electric pokemon.
2.it breaks the sterotype of the girl getting the cute pokemon

Pichu, Plusle and Minun were lucky.

Pichu was just an extension of Pikachu, and Plusle and Minun's true powers could only be brought out in double combat, Pachirisu didn't have any problems which is likely why Dawn caught it.

So seeing the squirrel get caught wouldn't really suprise me, unless of course Ash got it.

Last edited:
IF an emonga does get captured am I the only one that would want it to have an evil togepi-esque personality, or another personality that you would never expect a small cute pokemon to have

I don't think anyone's getting Emonga. For all we know, it could be just a wil one in the movie or one belonging to a COTD.

It would have to be a pretty important character in the movie for all this merchandise to advertise it.

IF an emonga does get captured am I the only one that would want it to have an evil togepi-esque personality, or another personality that you would never expect a small cute pokemon to have

Yes please!

I wouldn't mind Emolga joining the cast, as long as it's not on Ash's team as it shares too many traits with Pikachu (typing and being a rodent). If the writers were going to grant Ash a second Electric type, I'd prefer it to be extremely different.

We don't know what will happen; there is little evidence at this point to suggest that the Emolga will belong to any main character.

Okay, so it is placed next to Ash's five other pokemon? Are we to suggest that Ash will replace Sewaddle with Emolga in the future as his sixth slot pokemon? Are we to assume that the Emolga is a pokemon belonging to the movie character or as a wild pokemon that will assist Pikachu and co. (by that I mean Pikachu, Axew, starters, and Zuruggu)?

Don't see Ash getting it, but Iris is possible.

Because the stereotype of owning small, cute pokemon still runs deep for female protagonists...

Iris catching an Emolga is just as likely as her not catching any other pokemon at all.

Last edited:
Iris is the only character not shown to capture another pokemon yet, since she had two when she started.

Dento captured the hermit crab, we need to see Iris capture something on-screen.

I'm starting to agree with Gible, Iris has been ignored through most of BW so far and I'm beginning to wonder when the writers are actually going to do anything with her.

Iris is the only character not shown to capture another pokemon yet, since she had two when she started.

Considering she's walking around with one of the strongest and most popular regional pokemon she doesn't need anything else right now.

Sure you can say "It won't obey her and Axew can't fight right!" Would handing her a capture that she could use really be a step in the right direction?

She needs to train Axew more and get and try to get the awsome mole to obey her before she catches something else.

I really wouldn't care if Ash got Emolga, sure it might not happen but if i'm so narrow minded anymore, not after Scraggy and the bug being caught back to back.

I could see Iris catching Emolga, but I think a better "fit" would be Bel catching one.

When Iris does catch a new Pokemon, possibilities I can see are Solosis, Shelmet, and maybe Archen. These are just hunches though.

I really want someone to catch a Kumashun (Is it's supposed english name Cubchoo? I forgot...). I think it would be adorable.

Back
Top Bottom