• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

can we assume that Iris BW2 team(if she is a leader at all) can indicate which Dragon type she will catch!?
Considering that Iris has none of her BW team, I doubt it. Perhaps if there's an addition of an earlier generation Dragon type to her line up maybe, but the anime Iris is fairly obviously quite a way back in her development than her in game counterpart, and even more so after two years pass for BW2. I'm of the view she won't capture any Dragon types at any point prior to Axew evolving, as she was given the task of training Axew to prove her Dragon mastery, so catching any other dragon type detracts from that.

That said, if she were to make a Dragon capture, I think it should come in the form of one of the Pokemon that evolve into dragons, catching a Horsea would be ideal as she could be given a Dragon Scale in the village once she has proven herself worthy before actually getting a dragon type out of it - but as with Misty's Horsea, the issue with that would be the whole battling on land thing. Perhaps Iris could carry a bucket?

My guess what Ash's team will be before the league;

Ash
Pikachu
Unfezant
Oshawott - Honestly, I don't think he will evolve, unless he loses his personality.
Emboar - Charizard all over again.
Snivy/Servine/Serperior - She could go either way: evolve, evolve all the way or not even evolve.
Scraggy - He is way too weak and young yet to evolve.
Leavanny
Seismitoad - I guess he could evolve at Drayden's Gym or in the league.
Boldore
Krookorok - I think he will fully evolve.

I wonder why they don't give Iris anything. Even Cilan had an evo.

I hope Iris doesn't wind up like DP-era Brock, where she'll remain with 3 Pokemon the entire saga and Axew won't evolve till her final episode.

I wonder why they don't give Iris anything. Even Cilan had an evo.

I hope Iris doesn't wind up like DP-era Brock, where she'll remain with 3 Pokemon the entire saga and Axew won't evolve till her final episode.

Well iris had Excadrill in the beginning. If you look at Cilan and Iris teams they are pretty similar.

Earth Elemental single evolution
Non evolutionary electric
Cutesy main pokemon

and it has been awhile since Iris or Cilan caught a pokemon so I think it is incredibly likely that your fears will come to pass sorry dude.

But I want Ash to catch more pokemon since I don't really care that much about pokemon personality I think it would be cool.

People said that Ash won't catch another fire type because two things don't equal a pattern but it's 2/3 of three.

It is pretty hard for me to find Stephan cool when he has such basic pokes. Give him something Heatmor Durant Volcarana Golurk. And he seemed to overtake Trip so he should be more worthy

2 points dont make a pattern

No more captures for Ash please. I wanted him to have more a while back, but now id rather they just develop his team for the league. So I would like all the starters to evolve at least once, oshawatt maybe twice, scraggy to evolve but only if its believable, ie gets more development, masters focus blast, maybe learns another move before evolving. And a lot of movesets need overhauls. Palpitoad needs a 4th move, possibly aqua ring, maybe upgrade Mud shot to mud bomb, maybe even evolve and learn poison jab? Everyone who knows tackle needs to get rid of it, no properly trained pokemon should have tackle as one of its 4 moves. leavanny needs the likes of x scissor or leaf blade, a fully evolved grass type knowing razor leaf looks kinda weak. Krokorok should learn foul play, and i would love for him to evolve and learn outrage. Boldores moveset is pretty good, maybe replace sandstorm with protect? make it even more defensive. It doesnt really need to evolve. Unfezant can learn sky attack or something

I might actually like Ash's chances in the league if some of this happens : )
But the third one make a Pattern !
Honestly , Ash wouldn't need to capture more then 6 unova pokemon if he had another Non Bird pokemon that can ether Fly or Float ! Like a Ghost or Psychic type .
Ash's Unova team would seem complete that way !
But that the one thing Writer avoid .
So Now Ash has to rely on one pokemon for Aerial support in Unova .
Seriously , Does Ash really need to catch that Krokorok ? He already had a Dark type & Plenty of Ground type !
I mean , Ash probably might now create a Ideal Team for a Ground Pokemon Master !!!
And Ash got a extra Grass & Water type , they avoided the Fire type specially when he can have his first Ghost type !
Seriously , If Ash really get to catch extra Grass & Water type then didn't he caught Grass & Water type who has another type that Ash doesn't have !
Although , Ash caught 10 pokemon , It feel like that all he did is some pointless capture !
By The way , Ash didn't caught his 6th Hoenn pokemon !
Because of that , he can create full kento , Jotho , Sinnoh & Unova team but he can't create a full Hoenn team !
I wonder , If he gonna catch his 6th Hoenn pokemon in nest saga !
I hope he catch a Salamence because that way he gonna have a fully evolved Dragon type & a suitable replacement of Charizard !
After all
-Ash can't use Charizard as freely as he want now ! He can only call upon it in special occasion !
- Ash's Gible has less chance of evolving to its final form ! Even if he evolve then it will occur at the final Saga of Ash's journey. Because Garchamp is just too powerful for Ash to have it right now !
So A Salamence ! Its strong but not as a Garchamp ! It probably as the same level of Charizard !
Plus People want Ash to use Pokemon for Transport method as well !
That why Pokemon Manga are so cool ! Because the Manga Protagonist (Red , Blue & Sapphire) use pokemon for transport method !
It make Pokemon Training a lot more cooler ! However Ash lost his best Aerial transport so he better get a replacement !

Last edited:
I don't think Ash should be catching any more Pokémon at all. Not even in the B2W2 saga. He has TEN Pokémon now, and over half of them have not been developed much at all.

What about Palpitoad? Do we ever see him? Or Scraggy?

It seems like a lot of people here are talking about new catches for Ash, like Volcarona and Chandelure, or a new Hoenn catch, but I don't think they should or will happen. They've done a lot of evolutions recently, and I honestly can't see many more evolutions coming up. Maybe one for Snivy, and for Boldore, but after that, I'd just like to see actual personalities. Development.

Why should I care about development of pokemon. Pokemon can't talk. To me they are merely tools. Some quirks are nice and all but one of my favorites is Kigler and he got no development. And they are not giving them new moves much either

I'm over Ash gaining 1 or 2 more pokes but more importantly I want the ability to respect Bianca and Stephan so give them something cool

I have a theory. I am going to spoil it because is might sound really odd and stupid.

You see, Ash has two Grass Types (Snivy and Leavanny), two Water Types (Oshawott and Palpitoad) and only one Fire Type (Pignite). I always thought he was going to catch a Heatmor, but he didn't.

Since Zekrom is alive and it's counterpart isn't, I was thinking: What if they allow to follow the Black version line and allow Ash to capture Reshiram? He does have then two Fire types and it would follow the B/W games more properly.

I have a theory. I am going to spoil it because is might sound really odd and stupid.

You see, Ash has two Grass Types (Snivy and Leavanny), two Water Types (Oshawott and Palpitoad) and only one Fire Type (Pignite). I always thought he was going to catch a Heatmor, but he didn't.

Since Zekrom is alive and it's counterpart isn't, I was thinking: What if they allow to follow the Black version line and allow Ash to capture Reshiram? He does have then two Fire types and it would follow the B/W games more properly.
Ash will never catch a Legendary Pokemon However He will only befriend them & Command them temporary !
Well, About the extra Grass & Water type !
2 Thing might happen-
-Ash capture another Unova fire type.
-Pignite become the Only Unova Starter in Ash's team that fully evolve's ! Leavanny & Seismitoad are here to support Emboar as Non Stater pokemon !

if Ash was to get another possible third gen pokemon i hope it's either Vibrava or Beldum.

After seeing the sixth movie I could really see Ash with a Flygon, and since Beldum is a pseudo psychic that doesn't require the mental bond factor it works too.

If they continue the trend with an extra Grass (Leavanny), Water (Palpitoad), and Fire line, I see Ash end up with a Blaziken, Volcarona or a Chandelure. I vote for Blaziken though: I want Ash to have ALL the Fire starters!

CoroCoro has a new Best Wishes poster.

I can't get the large version to load on Serebii atm, but I see Bayleaf and Emboar.

EDIT: Nevermind, it's Dragonite. :p

Last edited:
Ash: Riolu
Dawn: Combee
Iris: Dragonite
Cilan: Pelliper
Cynthia: Lucario

Someone gets an Eevee

Sorry to burst people's bubbles but...just because they show some pokemon on the poster, doesn't mean all of those pokemon belong to anyone. It's been shown countless times that some pokemon can just be random additions. Like Riolu and Eevee could possibly be shown because they were revealed to be pokemon that you can catch in BW2. Or the final starter trio evos are on there just to showcase them and I doubt they specifically belong to anyone.

Evaluating the Pokemon in the poster.
  • Pelipper
  • Altaria
  • Serperior, Emboar, Samurott
  • Combee
  • Riolu
  • Eevee
  • Glaceon
  • Dragonite

-Pelipper, Altaria, and Combee probably serve no point in the poster but to make it look pretty. Move along.
-The Unova finals are likely just there since they are marketing symbols for Gen.5, though it can also tease we'll be seeing more of them, since Serperior and Samurott haven't even debuted yet.
-That Riolu is gonna cause a massive sh*tstorm. Weird Pokemon for them to put right in the front without any purpose, so he must mean something.
-Eevee and Glaceon are really strange. Not exactly Eevee, but just Glaceon in general. Why it instead of any other of the Eeveelutions. I'd say this could hint to May, but they would have shown her in the poster if she's reappearing. I'm guessing maybe it's a new Pokemon of Cynthia's, since her new outfit looks similar. But why give her Glaceon when she has other Pokemon from the games? (Especially Braviary, which hasn't even debuted yet.) But then again, that still rules out Eevee.
-Dragonite is really interesting. While it is posing seriously like Cynthia's pokemon, it is behind Iris, who.......yeah. I'm hoping for Iris here.

Also, is it me, or is there a Pokemon covered by the white shadow, above Emolga?
I swear I see a Vanilluxe...

The Glaceon is probably Cynthia's. Her dress matches its colors and its right next to her.

Unless there are R/S remakes on the horizon, I wouldn't expect to see May again.

Evolution for Pignite to Emboar, whether Oshawott stay as an Oshawott i don't care. But Snivy.... She is not on the scan... AND there is a Serperior... It.. make me... SAD... Cynthia maybe give her Lucario's egg to Ash, then it hatched to be a Riolu (which i will be happy about if it happens). Since Ash is capable in using Aura, they can communicate :) Glaceon and Dragonite, is most likely to be Cynthia's too, since it doesn't look like Iris is gonna to get a Dragonite.

Pelliper isn't going to be anyone's. There's a Wingul on the other side of the image, so they're just there because they're shore birds and it looks like they're around Undella. Looks like Cynthia'll be confirmed with a Lucario though. I hope the Dragonite is Iris' though. It looks pissed and that would be funny to see with Iris. I know people wanted her with a Dratini, but going straight for Dragonite would be cool with me. With Snivy not there it does seem like it could be evolving into Serperior, but that thing looks too happy and not smug enough to be Ash's. I sorta just hope Riolu and Eevee are there as popular pokemon known to be in the new Unova dex there just for advertising purposes. They've been two of the most speculated or desired pokemon for Ash for ages, and it would be cooler I think if the writers didn't go with them because they're rather typical.

Sorry to burst people's bubbles but...just because they show some pokemon on the poster, doesn't mean all of those pokemon belong to anyone. It's been shown countless times that some pokemon can just be random additions. Like Riolu and Eevee could possibly be shown because they were revealed to be pokemon that you can catch in BW2. Or the final starter trio evos are on there just to showcase them and I doubt they specifically belong to anyone.

Exactly just look at the group shot in third theme

Back
Top Bottom