• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

Re: Captures, evolutions and releases.

I don't know, I feel that the Combee, Pelipper, Eevee and Riolu in that scan are just Pokémon that were announced early to be in the games and are just a sign that old Pokémon are coming back. I don't see Satoshi capturing anything else, he has too many Pokémon. I don't think Eevee will be on the main cast, the species was already represented once before, but I feel that if either it or Riolu are on the main cast, they would fit the most with Dent. Plus, I wanna hear a "It's cuuuute" from Dent. :3

The Dragonite, honestly, I don't see as being Iris, but rather Lance's or Cynthia's. Same for the Lucario, Glaceon and Garchomp.

I think Satoshi is more going to get evolutions rather than captures, most likely in the form of Tsutarja and Zuruggu evolving. Both were in the M15 promo posters with Yanappu, Emonga, Mijumaru and Kibago, but they're not here? I could see them evolving after the movie is released. I could also see Gible pulling a Donphan and coming back for this second season after the League and travelling with Satoshi.

I'm really excited to see what they'll do with Dent's team to be honest. I love Iwaparesu, but I'd like to see it maybe get released if none of Satoshi's Pokémon get released. I like the idea of Dent with a Riolu or Eevee, or other old Pokémon.

I'd also like to see something new with Hikari's team. We really don't need to see Mammoo or Togekiss again, so I think it'd be cool to see some new Pokémon with her, hopefully Gen V.

Maybe the Eevee could go to Dent/Cilan and evolve into Leafeon?

Excadrill and Crustle to get released for other Pokemon. Probably not going to happen, but eh.

Glaceon's next to Cynthia and the Fully evolved Unova starters are next to dent doesn't mean anything watch the third opening pause it at the end.

I didn't notice the Glaceon there until now, but it doesn't matter too much since all members of the Eevee line are expected to appear in the B2W2 games. Like I mentioned before, there is always the possibility that those pokemon are just there for promotional purposes. The majority of the openings in the international dubs have been the same way.

The reason why I think the Dragonite looks suspicious is because it seems to actually have personality, and the majority of pokemon that main characters end up catching turn out to exhibit these unique behaviors. None of the other pokemon in that picture stand out to me as much as that Dragonite. Of course, it could still be there for no other reason but promotion.

I think Gible will return and evolve.

Yeah, I said this long ago... whatever Ash will do after the League, he'll probably make a few changes to his team like in BF... and just like how in BF they brought back and evolved Phanpy, the late Johto capture that didn't get enough focus, I expect them to do it now with Gib who's the late Sinnoh capture that didn't get enough focus
Also, BW is strongly focusing on dragons, so it makes sense to bring back Ash's dragon Poké
I doubt it'd happen before the League though, so there's time until we get to that

I could see Paul getting a flashback and us learning he caught a Roggenrola or Mienshao.

I could see Cilan with an Eevee and it evolving into a Leafeon and it could mirror Chili and Cress owning a Vaporeon and Flareon in the future. I think that would make the most sense. Otherwise I'm not sure.

I think Iris will get a Dratini(What I prefer) or a Deino in the upcoming DragonSpiral tower episode that Iwane talked about. I think that Dragonite is going to be a problem Pokemon given it's pissy demeanor, and Iris will calm it down by knowing it's heart and then she's leave the tower will a Dratini Egg or a Dratini who wants to come with Iris for some reason. The Dragonite situation would be similar to "Great Bowls of Fire" where it's Outrage made storms, tornados, and rainfall and will blow away Axew's Outrage since Axew's Outrage most likely won't ever reach that form of power given Dragonite are known to control weather.

I think and hope Ash catches nothing, although I like Riolu he has a lot of Pokemon that are being neglected. I could sadly see Ufezant flying the coop, Boldore/Leavanny going as well. His team would consist of Palpi, Krokorok, Pikachu, Snivy, Pignite, Oshawott, Boldore, and Scraggy then.

I think Krookodile is kinda fug, but then again I should probably see it in the anime and would warm up to it. I think Seismitoad is pretty ugly, but I see Palpitoad evolving. I can't see Boldore staying in that awkward middle stage.

Team Rocket's old Pokemon returning also :p

Last edited:
It's surprising to NOT see Snivy in the poster. It appeared in all posters up until now, but now it seems to have dissappeared, much like Tepig did around the time we learned he is getting a new evolution(well, I think, I wasn't around since that time but whatever. I didn't see him in any of the current posters(the movie one)).

There's something quite fishy about that. :p.

I think Iris will get the Riolu.

Also, You can see Emboar, Serperior, and Samurott. Ash has Pignite, so Emboar is certain. But the others...

Okay, let's say he does get Samurott. If he does, then Dawn will get an Oshawott too. (hopefully a less annoying one)
I expect her to get something from Unova.

Dragon (type) - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia

From 2 possible non-legendary Dragon-type Pokemon family to capture, Iris now has 5 more possible Dragon-type Pokemon to capture. She can now catch 7 Dragon-type Pokemon from each family, which are the Dratini family, Bagon family, Druddigon family, Altaria family, Gible family, Kingdra family and the Deino family. The rest are legendaries.

I can see her getting a Shelgon.

I watched the Pokemon show until the first few episodes of the Gen III saga.

The last Pokemon Movie I watched was the one with Deoxys and Rayquaza.

I haven't watched a single Pokemon episode from that time, though I always checked the main character's teams, what they caught and what they released.

Since BW2 is going back to old Pokemon again, I want Ash to train his old, un-evolved Pokemon, like Bulbasaur, Squirtle, Quilava, Gible etc, evolve them, and finally be able to compete on those Championships.

I'd really like to see Ash meet the Larvitar he once met, as a big Tyranitar, and get him on the team!

If Team rocket trio will get their old pokemon back they probably wont capture any new ones anymore.

I hope she evolves and loses the ability to use Attract. :/

Please.

I know I'm jumping off the gun here but I was wondering will Krookorok evolve in the 7th gym. Cause seeing Ash with Krookodile would be awesome. And Serperior as well. And Emboar.

Well, there's a pokemon kids Krookodile figure coming out soon, so the pokemon is likely going to appear in the not-too-distant future. Could be a gym evo. I mean, let's face it, it's not exactly outside the realm of possibility at this point.

I'd like to think it isn't, though. Would rather get a battle without those shenanigans personally.

Why does everyone want Unfezant, Levanny, and Boldore to be released :( He can just send them to Oak's! And also I hope Dawn gets some Unova pokemon considering SHES GONNA BE A MAIN AGAIN!!!!!!!! (really hope so) and I want Ash to get that Riolu and maybe Cynthia/May's Glaceon has an egg and Cilan gets it and Eevee evolves into a Leafeon, I'd love that

Iris's Eevee-(Gen V. Dragon-type Eeveelution), Vanilluxe, Fraxure
Ash's Torchic-Combusken(Gen III Remakes), Serperior,Emboar, Samurott, Scraggy, Krookodile, Seismatoad, Gigalith, An unknown Steel, Psychic or Ghost-Type
Cilan-deserves NOTHING! (But he'll get a Pelipper that knows Twister And/or Shock Wave...), Simisage

Ash - The Pokémon that likely won't change are Pikachu, Unfezant, Oshawott (when you think he will ever evolve, you're wrong because he is the Piplup of Best Wishes! after all) and Leavanny. Pokémon that will probably evolve or could go either way are Snivy, Scraggy (IF enough development), Palpitoad (since he is already strong on his own however, I don't see or see it happen) and Boldore. Pokémon that will likely will evolve are Pignite and Krokorok. Pokémon Ash has in Oak's Lab that will be called back and will evolve, for now I'm going to agree with Gible. Pokémon he'll catch...none.

Iris- The Pokémon that likely won't change are Excadrill and Emolga. Pokémon that will probably will evolve...none. Pokémon that will likely evolve is Axew. Pokémon that she will catch...I have this feeling it will be Dragonite.

Cilan - The Pokémon that likely won't change are Pansage, Crustle and Stunfisk. Pokémon that he'll catch probably Feebas or Shellos.

Dawn - The Pokémon that likely won't change are Piplup, Pachirisu, Mamoswine and Togekiss. Pokémon that will probably will evolve or could go either way is Buneary. Pokémon that will likely evolve is Quilava. Pokémon she'll catch...probably an unova Pokémon but she could go either way by not or catch a Pokémon.

I wanna see Dawn catching a Oshawott and Piplup going crazy! :D I said it in the Dawn thread could see her with a Gothorita and a Mawile!

If Riolu gets caught I can see Cilan have it! Cilan is so all about feeling it and Riolu goes that way!

I mentioned a possible Dragon eeveeloution! and I think that would be great for Iris! But as it seems she is catching everything but no Dragon related!

Reuniclus is maybe a choice for Ash!

Back
Top Bottom