• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

Re: Captures, evolutions and releases.

I'd be one happy fan if Ash catches Riolu, I've been wanting him to catch one since the DP series the Riolu special was a mega tease. Besides I feel that Riolu didn't get enough screentime imo, and I'm not just saying that because it's one of my fave pokemon. It's probably one of the reasons but still.

Wait, doesn't Meowth fall in love with Meloetta in the Pokémon M15 short? If Team Rocket want to capture it and use it for evil, maybe Meowth will rebel and that forces him to leave Team Rocket for a while. That counts as a release right? haha.

I think that Eevee is either there for the sake of advertising BW2, or possibly for Iris to have so that it evolves into a new Gen VI evolution in the next series (similar to May and Glaceon). I think the Riolu is probably advertisement as well. I really don't see Ash catching it, as he could have easily caught it in DP or in late AG, and so it's odd just catching it for the sake of it now. Except for May's Bulbasaur and Squirtle, and Dawn's Cyndaquil, whenever a main character catches a Pokemon from a previous generation, it will always either be a Gen II Pokemon evolving into a Gen IV Pokemon, or a Gen IV Pokemon evolving into a Gen I or II Pokemon (examples being Bonsly, Aipom, Gligar, Swinub, and Happiny), so I don't think there's much point for Ash to catch a Riolu this late.

I want Dawn to come back with at least one new Hoenn Pokemon (since that's her most recent journey) and catching one more Pokemon in Unova.

This might be a little unlikely, but I want Ash to get an Eevee--> Espeon.

I love the look of that Dragonite as more than just some jolly thing, so that going to Iris would be phenomenal.

That angry look is so jarring for a Dragonite. I think it definitely means something!

I think that Eevee is either there for the sake of advertising BW2, or possibly for Iris to have so that it evolves into a new Gen VI evolution in the next series (similar to May and Glaceon). I think the Riolu is probably advertisement as well. I really don't see Ash catching it, as he could have easily caught it in DP or in late AG, and so it's odd just catching it for the sake of it now. Except for May's Bulbasaur and Squirtle, and Dawn's Cyndaquil, whenever a main character catches a Pokemon from a previous generation, it will always either be a Gen II Pokemon evolving into a Gen IV Pokemon, or a Gen IV Pokemon evolving into a Gen I or II Pokemon (examples being Bonsly, Aipom, Gligar, Swinub, and Happiny), so I don't think there's much point for Ash to catch a Riolu this late.

If that's the case then why would Riolu get big promotion in the ads? Sounds like it's a big possibility.

It's surprising to NOT see Snivy in the poster...There's something quite fishy about that. :p.

Why? Aside from Mijumaru and Pikachu, none of Satoshi's pokemon are there.

theres a new pic of the new ending that has pikachu, oshowatt, scraggy, axew and pansage in it, but suspiciously no snivy. Surely they would put her in there if she werent going to evolve. Makes me think she could be next

There's a random Corphish on the BW2 poster now....I hope its Ash's and not Dawn's new capture or something.

It's surprising to NOT see Snivy in the poster...There's something quite fishy about that. :p.

Why? Aside from Mijumaru and Pikachu, none of Satoshi's pokemon are there.

theres a new pic of the new ending that has pikachu, oshowatt, scraggy, axew and pansage in it, but suspiciously no snivy. Surely they would put her in there if she werent going to evolve. Makes me think she could be next

But he is talking about the poster.

But he is talking about the poster.
Yeah, I was the one who posted those on the thread. What I am trying to tell is, Snivy and Tepig appeared in a lot of posters in before that.

Tepig:
Appeared in first poster.
Appeared in first ending.
Appeared in Movie 14 posters.
Appeared in second ending.
Appeared in third ending... as a Pignite.
Doesn't appear in Movie 15 poster.*

Snivy:
Appeared in first poster.
Appeared in first ending.
Appeared in Movie 14 posters.
Appeared in second ending.
Appeared in Movie 15 posters.
Doesn't appear in current ending snippets(though it is too early to confirm anything, but we will see in BW081).
Doesn't appear in current poster.

Oshawott:
Appeared in everywhere.

Even stuff like Corpish(who is in vast majority of movie posters),Jigglypuff, Croagunk or Bulbasaur are in either ending snippets or the poster. That is why I think Snivy will evolve, because it seems they are no longer using her as a pseduo-mascot, like they stopped having Tepig in majority of merchandise and whatnot.

*Tepig however did appear in one of promotional posters for Movie 15 along with other mascot Pokémon, before third ending was released. However, as you can see(link) it is very much in background.

Though of course, why this makes me believe Snivy will evolve at some point, though unless the opposite is confirmed, I don't think we will get Servine until late August/early September, and even that is probably wishful think.

3.jpg

This is from some preview. Looks like Lucario belongs to someone.

Would make sense to be hers, since shes appearing, and she has lucario in each game shes in. I wonder whos dragonite that is? It looks mighty pissed at something.

Glaceon could be hers too, thatd be my guess anyway

Also, if A lot of Ash's old pokemon are seen, id like to see evos for Gible, Totodile, Bayleef and Corphish

Oh god. What if Glaceon, Eevee, and Riolu were Cynthia's? That might mean that Combee and Corphish are Dawn's! O_O poor Ash's Corphish

I have a feeling that Dragonite may belong to Giovanni or a member of Team Rocket.

As for that Lucario pic... again, I really fail to see any reason to believe it's related to Best Wishes
With an older Bianca and no sign for Ash and the others, I think it's 99% one of the following:
1. A game trailer in anime style
2. A short "episode" like what Ranger 3 got
So far there's no reason to believe it's part of Best Wishes

Seeing the spoilers for the anime where the new Team Plasma Grunts have Pokemon like Seviper and Metagross, Team Rocket really need to step up their game if they wanna compete. So I hope that Dragonite really is theirs.

Back
Top Bottom