• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

Re: Captures, evolutions and releases.

Ash, Iris, and Cilan will head with Champion Cynthia to Eastern Unova where Pokemon from past generations are present. They encounter Ash's past traveling companion Dawn and her Piplup and even the Legendary Pokemon Meloetta, who becomes Ash's friend and begins to journey with him. This leads me to think that meloetta will become Ash's pokemon.

It really sounds like Larvitar or Meowth to me; Pokémon that will travel with the group but not be captured.

Ash, Iris, and Cilan will head with Champion Cynthia to Eastern Unova where Pokemon from past generations are present. They encounter Ash's past traveling companion Dawn and her Piplup and even the Legendary Pokemon Meloetta, who becomes Ash's friend and begins to journey with him. This leads me to think that meloetta will become Ash's pokemon.

That would be rather awesome, ash catching his first legendary would be amazing! But if that happened, wouldn't Meowth want to join Ash and leave Team Rocket? Hahaha

I really hope his Krokorok evolves, so that he has a good chance against Catlain's Psychic types if he has to battle against her.

I have this feeling Ash could give leavanny to Dawn. It have a "contest" air around it. Dawn probably got some Houenn pokemon, so, I won't be surprised if she, in fact, come with something new (probably not a pelipper, but, who knows).

About riolu and eevee: The very first problem with Ash's current team is the redundancy. 2 grass types, 2 water types, 2 fighting types (ignore secondary types)... the second problem is the current amount of Unova pokemon on his pocket - too much to even add something new without releases. That's why I think he won't get a riolu, or even an eevee. It's sad, because I'd like to see him with lucario and espeon (this one especially, mirroring Gary's umbreon).

About meloetta: If it is with the group all the way in the tournament, I see it as larvitar-type pokemon. It won't be really Ash's or someone else, but, it can fight when necessary.

About lucario and glaceon: Most probably Cynthia's. She have a lucario in the games, so, it won't be strange an anime only addition.

About the freaked dragonite: Am I the only one who thought instantly about the giant dragonite waaaaaaay early in the Kanto old series...? Anyway, I'm thinking it's Giovanni's. Since he'll supposed have a great role this new season, he needs something to impose respect and fear. What is more terrifying than an angry dragonite (-remembering that one from Blackthorn's arc...-)?

I have this feeling Ash could give leavanny to Dawn. It have a "contest" air around it. Dawn probably got some Houenn pokemon, so, I won't be surprised if she, in fact, come with something new (probably not a pelipper, but, who knows).

About riolu and eevee: The very first problem with Ash's current team is the redundancy. 2 grass types, 2 water types, 2 fighting types (ignore secondary types)... the second problem is the current amount of Unova pokemon on his pocket - too much to even add something new without releases. That's why I think he won't get a riolu, or even an eevee. It's sad, because I'd like to see him with lucario and espeon (this one especially, mirroring Gary's umbreon).

About meloetta: If it is with the group all the way in the tournament, I see it as larvitar-type pokemon. It won't be really Ash's or someone else, but, it can fight when necessary.

About lucario and glaceon: Most probably Cynthia's. She have a lucario in the games, so, it won't be strange an anime only addition.

About the freaked dragonite: Am I the only one who thought instantly about the giant dragonite waaaaaaay early in the Kanto old series...? Anyway, I'm thinking it's Giovanni's. Since he'll supposed have a great role this new season, he needs something to impose respect and fear. What is more terrifying than an angry dragonite (-remembering that one from Blackthorn's arc...-)?

Then what do imply is the reason Riolu and Eevee are up front in the poster? I can't be for nothing.

There's a new Pokemon Kids Set coming out...the last couple ones have been rather close to lining up with Pokemon anime appearances.

Of interest is an Emboar and Scrafty figure.

A fraxure is listed too. I'm kinda in doubt about axew evolving.

About emboar and scrafty, assuming they'll maybe be Ash's, that's just another reason for Ash to have nothing new beside evolutions. But, anyway, I like evolutions, so, that's fine to me, though.

Ash is not capturing a legendary. Meoletta is too feminine for him anyway, its something you'd expect a character like Dawn to capture, but it won't happen there either.

Ugh now that there are more options for 'mons I want to see Dent with more food-related 'mons.
Satoshi, give Dent your Heigani to really drive the seafood theme home and also to prove your loooveee~

Ash is not capturing a legendary. Meoletta is too feminine for him anyway, its something you'd expect a character like Dawn to capture, but it won't happen there either.

it has happened before look at Tobias. and if we can catch them in the games then why not in the anime (i can see why they would want them catching say zekrom or any uber legendary) but something like meloetta it wouldn't be that far of a stretch

edit: by the way leavanny is feminine

Hikari doesn't seem to have any new Pokémon from a trailer we saw after today's episode.

There is a Krabby which is interacting with a lot of the gang's Pokémon however. I personally don't think it will be a capture; they just happen to be on a beach.

Source:

[video=youtube_share;5QCiwYUgTuE]http://youtu.be/5QCiwYUgTuE[/video]

Last edited:

Meloetta is sticking with the group, and it's description, according the official site (translation by Sushi):

Meloetta
An illusionary (legendary) Pokémon which decides to go on adventures with Ash after getting rescued by him. It's a good singer and has the power to soothe everyone's souls. It's a little shy, but loves Ash. Its cute smile is its trademark!

So, Ash will have an unofficial psychic pokemon or what?

There's an Onix episode coming up. I hope someone catches an Onix. That'd be rad.

ONIX guys. Onix.

I could see Oshawot evolving after a final battle against Oshawot(Edit : Pochama!, with this upcoming rivalry! To defeat him, oshawott could evolve!

Last edited:
I hear there is a new ending, any possible spoilers?

None, unless you can consider BW2 spoilers :p

Um, mostly that Tsutarja is conspicuously absent for most of the scenes; she's probably being downplayed because maybe she'll evolve (!?!?!)

Not sure why but I have a feeling that Kibago is going to evolve after the gang's arrival in Soryu City. You know, during Iris's long awaited rematch and to show Shaga her "Dragon Master" progress.

psh... Cilan with an Onix, Imagine that, lol no but Iris should catch an Onix

Back
Top Bottom