• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

I want palpitoad to evolve, and learn Aqua ring, Earthquake and poison jab. Keep Hydro pump and become a beast

I really wanna ask, why the move Earthquake simply does not exist in the Anime?

Oshawott wont evolve for sure as we can see it on the Poster (atleast it won't evolve this arc)
I can see Snivy evolving, although I won't like seeing it evolve, as we couldn't see her on the poster.
I don't think they will make Palpitoad evolve unless they can make its appearance cuter just as how they adjust the appearance slightly for other Pokemon that doesn't look good in the past.
I think Blodore will evolve, just because it can become stronger.

I would love to see charizard again and he and charla have a kid or a egg to give ash.

Well, Ash better give that egg to Iris, because for Ash having a Charmander again makes no sense, and the Charizard line are actually dragons. They only lack the typing.

I really wanna ask, why the move Earthquake simply does not exist in the Anime?

Like Porygon and Team Plasma, it's banned after an earthquake-based episode's happen upon a real earthquake.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think Snivy will evolve, but Oshawott definitely should, so it can be less hideous. Dewott > Oshawott, IMO. I also think Cilan could use another Pokemon, but I don't know what.
After seeing Mei in B2W2 Animated Proma extended version , I really want Ash's Snivy to evolve into a Serperior !
Plus , I want Ash's Serperior to learn Iron Tail & Aqua Tail !
Because , Ash doesn't have a Snake Pokemon & Serperior could be a good wife for Septile !(Poor Guy got a broken heart after all)
I don't get why Snivy haven't evolve yet !
She was already well-trained when Ash caught her & now she must be even more well-trained by Ash !
She should evolve already !

Iron Tail sounds really lame in my opinion when Pikachu uses it already so much.

Dragon Pulse would be better I think if Tsutarja ever became a Jalorda.

Iron Tail sounds really lame in my opinion when Pikachu uses it already so much.

Dragon Pulse would be better I think if Tsutarja ever became a Jalorda.
But Iron Tail is more suitable so Serperior since she has a fexible Tail (Her whole body is a Tail) so she can use Iron Tail much better then Pikachu can !
Plus , Its a Steal Type move So Serperior can use it to overcome her disadvantage over Flying Type !
Just like Serperior can use Aqua Tail to Overcome her disadvantage toward Fire Type!

I agree that Dragon Pulse would be a more interesting move for Jalorda.
Or even Outrage, but since Kibago already know this move...

Iron Tail is so overused.

But Iron Tail is more suitable so Serperior since she has a fexible Tail (Her whole body is a Tail) so she can use Iron Tail much better then Pikachu can !
Plus , Its a Steal Type move So Serperior can use it to overcome her disadvantage over Flying Type !
Just like Serperior can use Aqua Tail to Overcome her disadvantage toward Fire Type!

Steel type moves do normal damage against Flying types, so Dragon Pulse (or Aqua Tail for that matter) are equally valid moves with that argument.

Personally I doubt the move would be used any different. In my opinion, Pikachu should lose Iron Tail if Jalorda would get it (or even better, we never see Iron Tail again...).

I have a feeling Ash will catch 2 more pokemon before the beginning of the Unova league...

That will give him 12 pokemon... 2 full teams to be used in the league battle.

Now looking at types both previous and current we may be able to determine what those final two may be...

Ash currently has in rotation...
Electric, Fire, Grass, Bug, Normal, Flying, Water, Ground, Fighting, Dark, Rock

In Kanto he had...
Electric, Fire, Flying, Normal, Bug, Poison, Grass, Water, Fighting

In Orange Islands he caught...
Normal, Ice, Water

In Johto he caught...
Bug, Fighting, Grass, Fire, Water, Flying, Normal, Ground, Poison

In Hoenn & Battle Frontier he caught...
Flying, Normal, Grass, Water, Fire, Ice

and in Sinnoh he caught...
Flying, Normal, Grass, Ground, Fire, Fighting, Water, Dragon

Here is the distributions of Ash’s Pokemon over types
Electric x 1, Flying x8, Normal x8, Fire x4, Water x8, Grass x6, Fighting x5, Dark x2, Bug x4, Ground x5, Rock x1, Poison x3, Dragon x1, Ice x2, Ghost x0 (1 if you count Haunter), Steel x0, Psychic x0

Looking at this we can see that the only recurrent types he hasn't captured in Unova are Poison and Ice. In addition the only types he hasn't caught are Steel, Psychic, & Ghost... as well as technically Electric as he received Pikachu and didn't catch him. As well he has not caught a pure Normal type since Aipom.

By looking at this we can determine that at least one of the two potential final catches will give him one of the six types mentioned above... the final may be either among those types or a type he has already caught in Unova. Being since Unova now has previous generation pokemon one of the final two may also lay among the newly reintroduced pokemon.

However this is all theory, for all we know Ash may instead rotate in previous pokemon of his to fill out his League pokemon, or remain with his team of ten pokemon. I for one would love to finally see the return of Ash's Primeape. I still feel it is necessary for the writers to have him catch at least one new pokemon in the new "season".

There are over two dozen pokemon I can see on the New Unova list of pokemon as potential captures for Ash, although determining which the creators would choose is debatable.

I wonder what others think about this theory...

I have a feeling Ash will catch 2 more pokemon before the beginning of the Unova league...

Now looking at types both previous and current we may be able to determine what those final two may be...

Ash currently has in rotation...
Electric, Fire, Grass, Bug, Normal, Flying, Water, Ground, Fighting, Dark, Rock

In Kanto he had...
Electric, Fire, Flying, Normal, Bug, Poison, Grass, Water, Fighting

In Orange Islands he caught...
Normal, Ice, Water

In Johto he caught...
Bug, Fighting, Grass, Fire, Water, Flying, Normal, Ground, Poison

In Hoenn & Battle Frontier he caught...
Flying, Normal, Grass, Water, Fire, Ice

and in Sinnoh he caught...
Flying, Normal, Grass, Ground, Fire, Fighting, Water, Dragon

Here is the distributions of Ash’s Pokemon over types
Electric x 1, Flying x8, Normal x8, Fire x4, Water x8, Grass x6, Fighting x5, Dark x2, Bug x4, Ground x5, Rock x1, Poison x3, Dragon x1, Ice x2, Ghost x0 (1 if you count Haunter), Steel x0, Psychic x0

Looking at this we can see that the only recurrent types he hasn't captured in Unova are Poison and Ice. In addition the only types he hasn't caught are Steel, Psychic, & Ghost... as well as technically Electric as he received Pikachu and didn't catch him. As well he has not caught a pure Normal type since Aipom.

By looking at this we can determine that at least one of the two potential final catches will give him one of the six types mentioned above... the final may be either among those types or a type he has already caught in Unova. Being since Unova now has previous generation pokemon one of the final two may also lay among the newly reintroduced pokemon.

However this is all theory, for all we know Ash may instead rotate in previous pokemon of his to fill out his League pokemon, or remain with his team of ten pokemon. I for one would love to finally see the return of Ash's Primeape. I still feel it is necessary for the writers to have him catch at least one new pokemon in the new "season".

There are over two dozen pokemon I can see on the New Unova list of pokemon as potential captures for Ash, although determining which the creators would choose is debatable.

I wonder what others think about this theory...
At this Moment
I want Ash to catch a pokemon who is hundred time COOLER and better then Iris's Dragonite!!!
I wise for Ash to catch a pokemon who gonna totaly nail Iris's Dragonite!

I can't imagine him doing a full battle in a league without Pikachu, which is why I think 11 is the right number - and why I used to think he'd make one more capture. I've suggested an Ice type in the past because it fulfils most of the type advantages of a second fire type, and gives him cover against Dragon that he doesn't have with any of his existing Pokemon. I think we're now too far along for him to make another capture before the league (with the exception of Meloetta, which could occur as soon as Team Rocket actually threatens it, and I think therefore is an unpredictable factor).

I think more important than the distribution of types is the distribution of effective moves and type advantages. BW is odd in that he's caught lots of Pokemon that have far more resistances/weaknesses - compared to when he seemed to spend most of his time with pure water, grass, electric and fire/fighting, flying/normal and just the one with a 'unique' typing (or to be boring normal types like Snorlax/Aipom). As such, I think he needs to balance out those extremes and have sets of six that cover most type advantages and disadvantages, rather than aiming for either uniqueness or consistency.

I think that means Leavanny is going to get used a bit in the Junior Cup, because it's terrible moveset makes it's weaknesses too much to overcome. If it had powerful bug attacks it would be useful, but as it stands, against Dark he's better served by the three Pokemon with Fighting type moves, against Psychic he has two Dark types and against Grass he has fire and flying types.

Pikachu, Boldore, Unfezant, Krokorok, Pignite and Palpitoad is probably his most balanced attacking team of 6 - covering every type except Dragon with something super effective, which again highlights the need for Ash to get at the very least an Ice type move if not an Ice type Pokemon. Palpitoad learning Icy Wind (it's a BW2 move tutor) would be the most convenient, otherwise add Oshawott in for Unfezant for Ice Beam (as a TM) or Icy Wind (move tutor). Unless Snivy evolves twice by the league, none of his Pokemon have even theoretical Dragon moves (except for the Farfetch'd possibility of Snivy having forgotten that it was chain bred with Twister).

Pikachu, Boldore, Unfezant, Krokorok, Pignite and Palpitoad is probably his most balanced attacking team of 6 - covering every type except Dragon with something super effective, which again highlights the need for Ash to get at the very least an Ice type move if not an Ice type Pokemon. Palpitoad learning Icy Wind (it's a BW2 move tutor) would be the most convenient, otherwise add Oshawott in for Unfezant for Ice Beam (as a TM) or Icy Wind (move tutor). Unless Snivy evolves twice by the league, none of his Pokemon have even theoretical Dragon moves (except for the Farfetch'd possibility of Snivy having forgotten that it was chain bred with Twister).
I think , Ash's Palpitoad should evolve Seismitoad & learn how to use Ice Punch since Seismitoad can increase the power of his Punch!
Is there any non-legendary pokemon who is cooler then Dragonite but not cooler then Garchomp???
I mean , Ash could have a Garchomp now but It doesn't feel like a Good Idea.
But I don't think I can bear with Iris's Dragonite in the rest of the series unless Ash get himself a better pokemon !
Seriously , Are Writer gone insane ??? They could give Iris A Flygon , Salamence or Druddigon but A Dragonite!!!

He should catch a Deino, since Iris didn't get that one from earlier. Just to troll Iris. It would be a nice callback to when Ash caught a Palpitoad and Trip didn't.

Is there any non-legendary pokemon who is cooler then Dragonite but not cooler then Garchomp???

I dunno but seeing Ash with a Krookodile - a croc and TRex-like Pokemon not to forget that COOL evil sunglasses-like pattern in his eyes, i think i'm already contented. Heck, he's even cooler than the Unova's resident pseudo-dragon and way cooler than that Orange Barney! Plus, that croc can learn Outrage too. I think that's all enough to cover for Ash's lack of Ice Pokemon. He can be treated as his Dark as well as his Dragon Pokemon.

As for the others, i think Pignite should stay as Pignite. He has already proven himself to his former trainer and evolving him again won't add anything to his story, the same way Grotle should not have evolved into Torterra. He's already accomplished and cuter in that form.

Snivy's an already powerful Pokemon before she was captured, so seeing her unevolved is somehow awkward. Like the other guys here, having seen Mei's Serperior made me more want to see Ash's Snivy evolve all the way.

Oshawott. Im not sure. But if Snivy's going to evolve all the way to Serperior, i won't expect him to do the same. Guess it's not yet the turn for Ash to have a fully evolved water starter.

I dont think Ash should capture anymore. All i wanted to see (as ive already posted pages ago) is for his Non-Unova Pokemon to make a come back.

I dunno but seeing Ash with a Krookodile - a croc and TRex-like Pokemon not to forget that COOL evil sunglasses-like pattern in his eyes, i think i'm already contented. Heck, he's even cooler than the Unova's resident pseudo-dragon and way cooler than that Orange Barney! Plus, that croc can learn Outrage too. I think that's all enough to cover for Ash's lack of Ice Pokemon. He can be treated as his Dark as well as his Dragon Pokemon.

As for the others, i think Pignite should stay as Pignite. He has already proven himself to his former trainer and evolving him again won't add anything to his story, the same way Grotle should not have evolved into Torterra. He's already accomplished and cuter in that form.

Snivy's an already powerful Pokemon before she was captured, so seeing her unevolved is somehow awkward. Like the other guys here, having seen Mei's Serperior made me more want to see Ash's Snivy evolve all the way.

Oshawott. Im not sure. But if Snivy's going to evolve all the way to Serperior, i won't expect him to do the same. Guess it's not yet the turn for Ash to have a fully evolved water starter.

I dont think Ash should capture anymore. All i wanted to see (as ive already posted pages ago) is for his Non-Unova Pokemon to make a come back.
I don't Think Krookodile is cooler then Dragonite in any way !
Plus , Krookodile can't fly while Dragonite is one of the fastest flying pokemon !
Dragonite can easily take down Krookodile using Arial advantage just like in Skyla Gym.
Unless Krookodile know a Move that can shut down Dragonite Arial advantage but Krookodile can't learn any move like that!
And I can't think of any move Combination which can Create a Artificial Wing for Krookodile to fly like how Zoey did with Leafrion !
I wish Writer gave Ash a Golurk if they were planning on Giving Iris a Dragonite!
Atleast , Golurk would have been much better match for a Dragonite rather then Seismitoad or Krookodile !

I don't Think Krookodile is cooler then Dragonite in any way !
Plus , Krookodile can't fly while Dragonite is one of the fastest flying pokemon !
Dragonite can easily take down Krookodile using Arial advantage just like in Skyla Gym.
Unless Krookodile know a Move that can shut down Dragonite Arial advantage but Krookodile can't learn any move like that!
And I can't think of any move Combination which can Create a Artificial Wing for Krookodile to fly like how Zoey did with Leafrion !
I wish Writer gave Ash a Golurk if they were planning on Giving Iris a Dragonite!
Atleast , Golurk would have been much better match for a Dragonite rather then Seismitoad or Krookodile !

It's Krookodile, you know, the red one with more sinister looking patch in the eyes. Not to forget his awesome personality. Iris' Orange Barney is the grumpy one while the Ash's Red Croc is intimidating and badass. Yes, that red croc cannot fly and so, actually, was Garchomp - it was supposed to be based on Land Sharks why the hell it's flying?

and as @Ash's Battle Coach posted the red croc already has Stone Edge, which i think is super effective against Flying Type? This Pokemon was almost treated as dragon type. It can learn Outrage, Dragon Pulse, Dragon Claw and Dragon Tail. The only move it cannot learn via tutor is Draco Meteor. It can also learn Aerial Ace. Imagine a fight between Orange Barney and Red Croc. Orange Barney may have an advantage in the Air it still cannot fight underground like Red Croc can. It can dig its way and randomly throw Stone Edge under the ground. It can also use Outrage in a surprise attack or use either Dark or Dragon Pulse underground etc etc. There's a still lot more of possibilities and combinations.

I'd still prefer this
krookodile_by_nightmarelover-d46imsr.jpg

Attachments

• krookodile_by_nightmarelover-d46imsr.jpg
    krookodile_by_nightmarelover-d46imsr.jpg
    150.4 KB · Views: 5,745
Last edited:
Cool as the croc is i wouldn't mind a Zweilous for Ash. Deino has had its minute of fame, but now it's time for Zweilous to bring the pain!

I don't see how Dihead would fits Satoshi, plus he already have two Dark Types, there is no need for another.

Back
Top Bottom