• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

I hope Ash captures Meleotta. He needs it and it needs him. I think it has a strong chance too.

I don't see how Dihead would fits Satoshi, plus he already have two Dark Types, there is no need for another.

Ash typically captures abused pokemon or pokemon with fighting spirit. Zweilous could fit the 2nd category perfectly. Besides those two are viewed as fighting and ground types. Zweilous would be the dragon.

I hope Ash captures Meleotta. He needs it and it needs him. I think it has a strong chance too.

I don't see that happening to be honest. Legendary capture curse.

I don't Think Krookodile is cooler then Dragonite in any way !
Plus , Krookodile can't fly while Dragonite is one of the fastest flying pokemon !
Dragonite can easily take down Krookodile using Arial advantage just like in Skyla Gym.
Unless Krookodile know a Move that can shut down Dragonite Arial advantage but Krookodile can't learn any move like that!
And I can't think of any move Combination which can Create a Artificial Wing for Krookodile to fly like how Zoey did with Leafrion !
I wish Writer gave Ash a Golurk if they were planning on Giving Iris a Dragonite!
Atleast , Golurk would have been much better match for a Dragonite rather then Seismitoad or Krookodile !

It's Krookodile, you know, the red one with more sinister looking patch in the eyes. Not to forget his awesome personality. Iris' Orange Barney is the grumpy one while the Ash's Red Croc is intimidating and badass. Yes, that red croc cannot fly and so, actually, was Garchomp - it was supposed to be based on Land Sharks why the hell it's flying?

and as @Ash's Battle Coach posted the red croc already has Stone Edge, which i think is super effective against Flying Type? This Pokemon was almost treated as dragon type. It can learn Outrage, Dragon Pulse, Dragon Claw and Dragon Tail. The only move it cannot learn via tutor is Draco Meteor. It can also learn Aerial Ace. Imagine a fight between Orange Barney and Red Croc. Orange Barney may have an advantage in the Air it still cannot fight underground like Red Croc can. It can dig its way and randomly throw Stone Edge under the ground. It can also use Outrage in a surprise attack or use either Dark or Dragon Pulse underground etc etc. There's a still lot more of possibilities and combinations.

I'd still prefer this
krookodile_by_nightmarelover-d46imsr.jpg
Stone Edge was useless in Skyla's Gym & it got repel by Swoobat's Gust's !
Plus, Krokorok couldn't deal with Vanillish in Brycen because it float in the Air!
Plus , Dragonite fast so it can easily evade Stone Edge !
Krookodile need more then just Stone Edge to deal with Dragonite!
Krookodile might had chance with ''Foul Play'' but I don't know how ''Foul Play'' work.
All I know that it use's Foe's Power against it so it would be super effective on Dragonite since he has a high Attack Star!

Plus , Krookodile can't fly while Dragonite is one of the fastest flying pokemon !
Dragonite can easily take down Krookodile using Arial advantage just like in Skyla Gym.
Unless Krookodile know a Move that can shut down Dragonite Arial advantage but Krookodile can't learn any move like that!
And I can't think of any move Combination which can Create a Artificial Wing for Krookodile to fly like how Zoey did with Leafrion !
I wish Writer gave Ash a Golurk if they were planning on Giving Iris a Dragonite!
Atleast , Golurk would have been much better match for a Dragonite rather then Seismitoad or Krookodile !

It's Krookodile, you know, the red one with more sinister looking patch in the eyes. Not to forget his awesome personality. Iris' Orange Barney is the grumpy one while the Ash's Red Croc is intimidating and badass. Yes, that red croc cannot fly and so, actually, was Garchomp - it was supposed to be based on Land Sharks why the hell it's flying?

and as @Ash's Battle Coach posted the red croc already has Stone Edge, which i think is super effective against Flying Type? This Pokemon was almost treated as dragon type. It can learn Outrage, Dragon Pulse, Dragon Claw and Dragon Tail. The only move it cannot learn via tutor is Draco Meteor. It can also learn Aerial Ace. Imagine a fight between Orange Barney and Red Croc. Orange Barney may have an advantage in the Air it still cannot fight underground like Red Croc can. It can dig its way and randomly throw Stone Edge under the ground. It can also use Outrage in a surprise attack or use either Dark or Dragon Pulse underground etc etc. There's a still lot more of possibilities and combinations.

I'd still prefer this
Plus, Krokorok couldn't deal with Vanillish in Brycen because it float in the Air!
Krookodile might had chance with ''Foul Play'' but I don't know how ''Foul Play'' work.
All I know that it use's Foe's Power against it so it would be super effective on Dragonite since he has a high Attack Star!

iF krokorok is established to be struggling against Air pokemon, he'll probaly work to overcome that. Krookidile is way cooler than Dragonite, esspecually with Sunglasses :D

I'd still prefer this

iF krokorok is established to be struggling against Air pokemon, he'll probaly work to overcome that. Krookidile is way cooler than Dragonite, esspecually with Sunglasses :D
Only if Krookodile had wing !
Although I would love to See Krookodile kicking Dragonite butt in Junior cup.

That will give him 12 pokemon... 2 full teams to be used in the league battle.
I can't imagine him doing a full battle in a league without Pikachu, which is why I think 11 is the right number - and why I used to think he'd make one more capture. I've suggested an Ice type in the past because it fulfils most of the type advantages of a second fire type, and gives him cover against Dragon that he doesn't have with any of his existing Pokemon. I think we're now too far along for him to make another capture before the league (with the exception of Meloetta, which could occur as soon as Team Rocket actually threatens it, and I think therefore is an unpredictable factor).

Ash has done a full league battle without Pikachu in Johto against Gary. He used Tauros, Heracross, Muk, Bayleef, Snorlax, and Charizard.

Also how can we say we're too far along... he caught Snorunt within 18 episodes of the Hoenn league... for all we know there may be another thirty episodes before they get to the Unova league... they've proven before they can stretch filler with Johto. It is entirely possible it may be another year before the Unova League.

Last edited:

It makes me wonder how they would handle it. I thought that Sunglasses Krokorok would be diffrent from others (in development), but he is treated like all Ash's other Pokémon. Will they do the same with Meloetta?

Anyway, I'm guessing Pignite and Scraggy will evolve, and they will be done with Ash's underdeveloped team.

Iron Tail sounds really lame in my opinion when Pikachu uses it already so much.

Dragon Pulse would be better I think if Tsutarja ever became a Jalorda.
But Iron Tail is more suitable so Serperior since she has a fexible Tail (Her whole body is a Tail) so she can use Iron Tail much better then Pikachu can !
Plus , Its a Steal Type move So Serperior can use it to overcome her disadvantage over Flying Type !
Just like Serperior can use Aqua Tail to Overcome her disadvantage toward Fire Type!

Flying types do not take super effective damage from Steel type moves. Sure that would work against Ice types, but that's pretty much it.

It's also good against Rock types.

Either way, in the anime Pokemon rarely learn moves to overcome their type weaknesses. The only time that I can think of where a move was specially learnt to overcome a type was Pikachu's Iron Tail for Roxanne.

I would rather see Serperior with Dragon Tail, as Aqua Tail would look wrong on a Grass type. However, I would like to see all of Ash's Pokemon get special move tutoring.

Oshawott would get X-Scissor
Pignite would get Wild Charge
Snivy would get Aerial Ace
Unefezant would get Morning Sun
Scraggy would get Faint Attack or Stone Edge
Leavanny would get a Rock-type move of some sort
Palpitoad would get Sludge Bomb
Boldore would get Earthquake
Krokorok would get Aerial Ace or Dragon Pulse.
Pikachu would get Return

The Hydreigon in the newest episode has got me extremely worried. It's entirely possible that it is owned by a yet unseen-trainer, as you don't exactly see a Pokemon of that caliber in the wild everyday, but there have been plenty of other wild pseudo-legendaries in the show in the past; I'm terrified that it will make a reappearance later on and Iris will capture it, especially since it's her signature Pokemon in B&W2. Hydreigon is perhaps the most difficult Pokemon to raise and evolve of all, I don't think I could bear Iris obtaining one with such little effort.

Hydreigon looks like it's Dragonite's rival. Perhaps it's wild, but i doubt Iris will get her hands on it.
Getting two fully evolved dragons sounds a bit over the top.

Like I stated in the review thread of Iris and the Roughneck Kairyu Dragonite!, Dragonite is simply an answer to Axew's last second evolution so the viewers don't have to worry that Axew won't become a Haxorus and instead giving us a Dragonite, but I can be completely stupid etc.

Anyway - I wonder if they will evolve Boldore. Since Trip's Gurdurr evolved into a Conkeldurr, I'm assuming how he did it. Did he trade his Gurdurr with somebody and traded it back or did it evolve without any method?

I'm also guessing Iris will catch an Aron since it barely appeared anywhere unless I accidently skipped an episode which isn't the Steven episode. And a Zweilous/Lapras maybe too so it can kind of compliment her B2/W2 team?

Likely, the next Pokémon of Ash who is going to evolve is Pignite. (I mean the ones that aren't spoiled like Krookodile)

If the league happens soon (if the opening's end scene is anything to go by), I feel like Krookodile's evo will be the last evo before the league. During the league itself, I could imagine seeing Palpitoad evolve to Seismitoad. However, if the league happens by the fall, there's still a lot of time left before BW ends so afterwards, in whatever pose-league stuff Ash will do, I can see Snivy and Oshawott evolve then (with Oshawott evolving way later) and then hopefully one of the starters will be at its final stage by the latter parts of BW. Personally I prefer Samurott but we'll see what goes down in a year.

I do think Axew will eventually evolve. Like what I said for Oshawott, if it'll evolve it'll evolve way later. I kinda hope it evolves along with Scraggy and then at the end of BW, we could have a final Ash vs. Iris goodbye battle with their youngster pokemon in their evolved states. Those are my guesses for team changes for now.

Iris catching Sazandora would be awesome!

A cool character with two cool dragon Pokémon (three if you count Kibago)? It couldn't be better.

I can only see Iris obtaining another Pokémon if it has a Generation VI evolution. Dunsparce definitely deserves screentime after years of obscurity anime-wise, and it helps that it is available in B2W2. More importantly, it could easily be given a Dragon-type evolution that might be promoted next year, or alternatively it would give Iris something to show off if she returned in a future series.

Iris my least favorite catching Hydreigon my favorite pokemon?

Absolutely not it's bad enough she has one fully evolved pseudo legendary not to mention 4 pokes is enough for a side character.

Iris catching Sazandora would be awesome!

Hell no. The Pokemon Hydreigon is cool, but for Iris to catch another fully evolved dragon would be awful. If she had caught a Deino and raised it then i'd be fine with it but no more fully evolved dragons captures.

Absolutely not it's bad enough she has one fully evolved pseudo legendary not to mention 4 pokes is enough for a side character.

Dawn had 6 Pokemon plus 1 she traded away
May had 7 in total...
Misty had 11 plus 1 she released in her time on the show not to mention that by the end of Kanto she had a full team which is why she left two behind at Cerulean Gym

In fact all the female companions have had full teams usually by the end of their region... the only exception being May who only had 4...

While the male characters...
Tracy had three pokemon total
Brock had ten total after traveling through four regions, at the end of Kanto he only had four, gaining one more in Johto, two in Hoenn, one in Battle Frontier, and two in Sinnoh having a 2 - 1 - 2 - 1 - 2 capture pattern

I actually expect Iris to catch at least one or two more pokemon due to the Female Companion trends.

@Gwando; True misty had a full team by the end but her end took a long time to come and Johto was notorious for being fillertastic so there was much to do beside catching pokemon. All male sidekicks never had over 4 at once and I assume the main reason Dawn and May had full teams because the had there own side plots.

@Gwando; True misty had a full team by the end but her end took a long time to come and Johto was notorious for being fillertastic so there was much to do beside catching pokemon. All male sidekicks never had over 4 at once and I assume the main reason Dawn and May had full teams because the had there own side plots.

Misty had a full team by the hatching of Togepi... With Goldeen, Staryu, Starmie, Horsea, Psyduck, and Togepi... that was long before Johto. Not to mention they revealed that the Seel/Dewgong at Cerulean Gym also belonged to her... making it so that she owned six Pokemon before Togepi hatched.

Back
Top Bottom