• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

Even if she was to debut it. (Which I have my doubts to be honest) It doesn't stop Oshawott from evolving all the way.

In my opinions, it does. Whenever a recurring character, a rival, is heavily associated with one Pokémon, it's always prevented other characters from getting that Pokémon too. Kojiro's Sabonea didn't evolve because it wouldn't really make sense to have both Kojiro and Harley heavily showcasing Noctus. For the same reason, in DP, Shinji was much more associated with Elekid/Eleboo/Elekible than he was with Dodaitose, who for his starter Pokémon really didn't get a lot of screentime. That left Satoshi's to get the show. On the opposite, Kengo and Jun had their Pottaishi and Emperte heavily associated with them while Hikari's Pochama wasn't evolving.

I kinda think the same thing's happening here. The final forms of starters seem very associated with Bel and Shooti, it's definitely their go to Pokémon, their strongest Pokémon, the one with the most appearances, and the same can be said for Cabernet. Futachimaru is her signature Pokémon, the one she's most associated with, the one who was featured the most. I don't think they would have given it to her, nor would they have made it her signature Pokémon, if they planned to feature it and Daikenki heavily with Satoshi.

That's the thing. Dewott isn't her signature pokemon. It shifts between her appearances. In her debut, she said it as Sawsbuck. In the first Don Tournament, it was Stoutland. She didn't say specifically in the Clubsplosion, but it can be assumed it was Dewott. Now in the Junior Cup, she'll likely say it's Darmanitan. Unlike Snivy and now Pignite, Oshawott isn't portrayed as a strong pokemon for a reason and if they truly wanted her to debut Samurott, it would have been done in the Junior Cup.

Dewott isn't her signature pokemon.

It's her starter, the one pokémon of hers that appeared on multiple occasions, the one with the most screentime, the one that ties to her backstory and rivalry with Dent. It's very much her signature Pokémon.

It shifts between her appearances. In her debut, she said it as Sawsbuck. In the first Don Tournament, it was Stoutland.

Dent has said at times that Iwaparesu and Maggyo were his vintage, but that doesn't make Yanappu any less his signature Pokémon.

they truly wanted her to debut Samurott, it would have been done in the Junior Cup.

With that logic, if they truly wanted Satoshi with a Daikenki, they would have done so. Point is, starters are the most iconic Pokémon of a generation, nearly every players has at least one on their team, they get showcased a lot for it. If they were going to showcase Futachimaru and Daikenki through Satoshi, they wouldn't make that Pokémon someone else's signature Pokémon, the one they're most associated with. It's most likely because they knew they weren't going to evolve Mijumaru that they gave Futachimaru to Cabernet. Maybe Cabernet won't debut Daikenki and still feature Futachimaru, maybe it'll be that fabled new rival in the League that will, but I highly doubt it would be Satoshi cause they're tying Mijumaru's evolved form with another trainer, at least not in the near future. Much like I don't see Chaobu evolving into Enbuoh because of how it's Bel's signature Pokémon in this series. The opening pretty much spoiled Satoshi's team in the League anyway, and Mijumaru is still a Mijumaru.

I do hope that Daikenki shows up in the League, either with Cabernet if she's participating in that too (which really isn't looking likely at the moment) or with the new rival.

Hellion;4249883 [B said:
With that logic, if they truly wanted Satoshi with a Daikenki, they would have done so. Point is, starters are the most iconic Pokémon of a generation, nearly every players has at least one on their team, they get showcased a lot for it. If they were going to showcase Futachimaru and Daikenki through Satoshi, they wouldn't make that Pokémon someone else's signature Pokémon, the one they're most associated with.[/B] It's most likely because they knew they weren't going to evolve Mijumaru that they gave Futachimaru to Cabernet. Maybe Cabernet won't debut Daikenki and still feature Futachimaru, maybe it'll be that fabled new rival in the League that will, but I highly doubt it would be Satoshi cause they're tying Mijumaru's evolved form with another trainer, at least not in the near future. Much like I don't see Chaobu evolving into Enbuoh because of how it's Bel's signature Pokémon in this series. The opening pretty much spoiled Satoshi's team in the League anyway, and Mijumaru is still a Mijumaru.

I do hope that Daikenki shows up in the League, either with Cabernet if she's participating in that too (which really isn't looking likely at the moment) or with the new rival.

A lot of people argued the same thing with Chimchar still being a Chimchar when the League was pretty close and how Flint was meant to showcase Infernape and yet we all saw what happened. I see Oshawott going down a similar path. Again, he isn't portrayed as a strong pokemon for a reason and I believe he will evolve unless it is explicitly stated otherwise.

A lot of people argued the same thing with Chimchar still being a Chimchar when the League was pretty close and how Flint was meant to showcase Infernape and yet we all saw what happened. I see Oshawott going down a similar path. Again, he isn't portrayed as a strong pokemon for a reason and I believe he will evolve unless it is explicitly stated otherwise.
But Burgundy has a different and more important role than Flint, who was just a one time thing.

But Burgundy has a different and more important role than Flint, who was just a one time thing.

IIRC Flint appeared in about 5-6 episodes and even showcased Infernape's battle skills. At this point in time, he and Burgundy have the same amount of appearances and being a joke rival < Being an E4 member.

Ash, why you don't evolve your pokemon, you are relatively close to get Garchomp but no.
Ash would if Writer wasn't busy in glorifying other character and writing cutesy adventure!
Hopefully , There won't be any more glorifying EVER !
Rest of the season 2 better be focus on developing & Evolving Ash's Pokemon !
Rest of the character goes to hell!

IIRC Flint appeared in about 5-6 episodes and even showcased Infernape's battle skills. At this point in time, he and Burgundy have the same amount of appearances and being a joke rival < Being an E4 member.

Flint was mentioned in 2 episodes, and he appeared in 5 episodes. Out of these, he fought in 2 episodes, 3 if you want to count the battle with Cynthia on TV that wasn't an important focus of the episode. (It also tells a lot about him that despite of us knowing he had a 3-on-3 battle with Cynthia, we still know only one of his Pokemon. No more, no less.)

Burgundy so far, has appeared in 11 episodes, and, unlike Flint, is likely to get more appearances. (In fact, sure to be. The tournament is still going, and she hangs around) These include 4 different battles.

She may be somewhat of a joke character, yes, but she still has a decent amount of focus, with more to come. Flint was mostly portrayed in such amount due to his relevance to Volkner, as well as the obligatory E4 appearances we had in DP. However, Burgundy is an original character with no "forced" ties to other characters, and as such all appearances of her tend to be significant to some degree.

There's also the whole factor of how Flint is an Elite 4 member. Infernape is by far the most iconic Pokemon he has in any media, and since the Infernape is not portrayed in great amount, Ash could be allowed to have one as well. Not only was Chimchar the Pokemon that most tied Ash to his rival (And thus it would make perfect sense for it to evolve to the very end), but easily his most powerful DP Pokemon. Having Flint, an Elite 4 member, which have been portrayed as far superior to Ash, use the same Pokemon and easily defeating Ash's entire team, including the Infernape, goes to portray Flint's power.

Lastly, if you were to ask me, Samurott somehow wouldn't fit Oshawott's way of acting. Dewott however would be rather fitting. But for this to happen, you can't have the Pokemon constantly coincide. There is the possibility that he could evolve twice between Burgundy's appearances, but it's a rather unlikely happening.

A lot of people argued the same thing with Chimchar still being a Chimchar when the League was pretty close and how Flint was meant to showcase Infernape and yet we all saw what happened.

That makes no sense. Satoshi's Goukazaru evolved before Oba even appeared in the Animé. People were saying that Satoshi's Hikozaru wasn't going to evolve back when Satoshi was getting his seventh badge... i.e. a year before the League came around. Moukazaru had been showcased in passing very briefly and Goukazaru was debuted with Satoshi's evolving. Here we know the League is coming up in a month or two, we know most of the episodes titles for that period, we have a shot of Satoshi's team for the League that includes Mijumaru and there's a rival that showcases Fuatachimaru regularly and it's her signature pokémon. Daikenki isn't going to make its debut in the League under Satoshi's ownership, be it Cabernet or another character that debuts the species, I don't see it being Satoshi at this point.

We've seen all three of the starter lines enough through BW rivals, Kenyan doesn't need to show up with another one. Actually give him another interesting pokemon that hasn't really had screen time. I hope if he is in the league he debuts more than just one more pokemon, because we know so few of his pokemon. I really do think Daikenki'll show up with Cabernet in the league. Not the most glorious debut of the pokemon, but I really don't see how else they would debut it at this point.

Yeah, I think Burgundy's gonna have a Samurott by the league. Also hope Oshawott evolves into Dewott, since 1- That's less embarrassing than an Oshawott 2- Samurott doesn't fit his personality at all and 3- Dewott looks awesome. At first I was hoping he would evolve when he lost his shell, then I wanted him to evolve in a battle against Piplup... But now I think he may evolve during the league.

I reckon that Stephan will either get Braviary or Darmanitan.

Burgundy's Dewott really should evolve but I'd rather see more of her own Darmanitan first

Trip doesn't need any more Pokémon, but if he does he should get Mienshao and Gavalantula

Bianca, where's Munny?!

Georgia doesn't need any more Pokémon in my opinion

I reckon that Stephan will either get Braviary or Darmanitan.

I honestly think we've seen enough of Darmanitan. Burgundy already has one, so it'd be odd if the writers gave another rival the same Pokemon...although that has happened before (Kenny and Barry both had an Empoleon). I wouldn't mind him with Braviary, though. There's a bunch of Pokemon they could give Stephan, now that they're putting older Pokemon back in the show. I don't think they have to resort to using Pokemon that already exist on another person's team.

I actually agree with you. I don't think Darmanitan really makes sense for Burgundy, but oh well.

Ash should have a Ratcake

A what? xD
pokemon-09.jpg

Duh

Back
Top Bottom