• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

Corpish returns! nice

That poster was released as a promotion for BW Season 2 back in May, and it basically featured the main characters' pokemon, the legendaries from the Meloetta arc, and pokemon that are in East Unova. Just because certain pokemon are featured in that poster does not mean that those species belonging to the main characters will come back.

What Adyniz mentioned was that almost every pokemon, including Corphish, had already appeared in BW Season 2. Specifically there was a wild Corphish in BW099 that was later caught by Riku. So no, there is no confirmation that Ash's Corphish will return in the anime now.

In case people need a better reference, here's posters from Takarijima of the March merch that I posted earlier(mirors because the site will eventually delete them):
The styluses
The projector lights

Iris' Kairyu and..(assuming) Satoshi's Lizardon should meet, that would be surely interesting.

I'm just praying Kibago gets more battles, everything else on Iris' team is perfectly fine.

Dento doesn't necessarily need anything since his goal isn't directly tied specifically to a species of Pokemon. If he got something it would just be for fun or for the sake of, rather than really really needing something. Though I would like to see him with a Gallade or Abra.

Guys, I have hear something about the page for January from Pokemon Calendar is out. Can you tell me where I find that picture?

Guys, I have hear something about the page for January from Pokemon Calendar is out. Can you tell me where I find that picture?

Here is the calender.
8UW2C.jpg

Keep in mind that this month will air the last few episodes of the Unova League in addition to the first few episodes of Episode N .

Most of the pokemon on this list have already been confirmed for appearances, but the remaining few on the list could be important too. Klinklang may or may not belong to Colress; the pokemon could also be used by one of the League opponents. As for Shinx, the writers probably won't show it during the Unova League, since they seem to feature pokemon that can be caught in Unova in the BW2 games. Shinx might be featured in Episode N, and may or may not be caught by a major character.

Here is the calender.
8UW2C.jpg

Keep in mind that this month will air the last few episodes of the Unova League in addition to the first few episodes of Episode N .

Most of the pokemon on this list have already been confirmed for appearances, but the remaining few on the list could be important too. Klinklang may or may not belong to Colress; the pokemon could also be used by one of the League opponents. As for Shinx, the writers probably won't show it during the Unova League, since they seem to feature pokemon that can be caught in Unova in the BW2 games. Shinx might be featured in Episode N, and may or may not be caught by a major character.

Thanks a ton, Ampharos King. I owe you one. And sorry because of the bother. Well, I guess it's easy to imagine the spoilers:

+ Pikachu: Well, obviously that's Ash's Pikachu.
+ Lucario: Possibly from Kotetsu, meaning a second and final part of Ash vs Kotetsu.
+ Eevee and Umbreon: Possibly from Virgil, meaning his battle against Ash.
+ Klinklang: Very possibly from N, since it's his most recurrent Pokemon in the games.
+ Amoongus and Frillish: Clearly the new Pokemon of Jessie and James. However, the male Frillish can be either a mistake or meaning it will appear another one besides the Jessie's one. Honestly, I thought Ash would capture a female one after what happened in the postponed episode of the Fishing Competition; because of the Frillish that took a liking on Ash.
+ Shinx: No idea. I would say either Cilan or Iris could capture it, but they already have an Electric type in their teams. Besides, I think more Electric types could steal Ash's Pikachu role in the team. I have thought that Ash could finally break his rule of "No Electric Types except Pikachu" and caught a Shinx. Very unlikely, but in almost every generation, Ash always catch a Pokemon from the previous generation. He caught a Beedril and a Seaking in Kanto, an Aipom in Hoenn's generation, and a Gliscor in Sinnoh. So, why not?

What do you think?

Ash caught Seaking and Beedrill for competitions, and he gave up ownership of both of those Pokemon at the end of their respective episodes. And Ash caught Aipom and Gligar because they were getting evolutions for Gen IV.

Unless Shinx get a branched evolution (and I doubt it, since even though Luxray looks like a male lion, the species have gender differences), I doubt Ash would be the one to own it.

Maybe they catch a pair of Frillish.

I don't think that Shinx will be caught, as both Stunfisk and Emolga are given the "Electric-type" tag more than their secondary type, so I don't believe that they would give them a second Electric-type. I think it belongs to a CoTD.

I think Klinklang is either N's or Colress'

One thing I hoped that Jessie and James caught were Frillish and Ferroseed respectively. That is because both of these Pokemon have a complementary type combination, which would fit the duo in a parallel way. Looks like my prediction for Jessie to get Frillish was right (a female one too!), but for James... since I like Amoonguss, I am satisfied anyway.

Thanks for reading.

Now that we know that Virgil will almost certainly not face off against Satoshi in the Higaki League, it got me thinking: what if Virgil receives the Shigeru treatment? There has been a trend in the anime since the end of the Orange Archipelago saga in which at the end of every odd-numbered generation Satoshi, following an impressive win against some or other strong trainer (Battle Frontier/Orange League) goes back to Masara Town to prepare for his journey to a new region, only to find Shigeru there. Shigeru promptly battles him with an Eievui (at the end of the OI saga) or an Elekible. (at the end of the BF saga in AG) What if Virgil is given this role at the end of the BW saga? It would explain why the 2013 calender continues to promote Eievui when the latter would likely be evolved by January 10th in the case that Satoshi battled him in the Higaki League--perhaps his Eievui will be appearing in its evolved form immediately prior to the beginning of Gen 6 as opposed to this January, similarly to Elekible?

Last edited:
Could the Frillish be Trip's? It is, as a Jellicent anyway, featured in the Unova League download for Black 2 / White 2.

This is a anti-evolution speculation. This specualtion is about the Pokemon that won't evolve during some time:
Ash Ketchum/Satoshi:
-Pikachu (won't evolve)
-Mijumaru/Oshawott
-Chaoboo/Pignite (until March)
-Tsutarja/Snivy (until March)
-Kibago/Axew
-Yanappu/Pansage

Already fully evolved pokemon: Hahakomori, Kenhallow, Waruvial, Iwapalace, Maggyo, Doryuzu, Emonga, Kairyu.

Without restriction to evolve: Gamagaru, Gantle, Zuruggu.

Possible captures: Eeivui (different than Virgil's one)

Returns to the series: Sonansu, Lizardon.

It's a nice theory, but the poster for the recent Pikachu short had confirmed that a few of these pokemon won't be evolving until at least the middle of July. Oshawott, Pansage, and Axew still remain unevolved.

Boldore's evolution is still in question... One of the Trainers' used a Gigalith in BW106, that could be the same Pokemon from the calender. -___-

Now that we know that the Gigalith belonged to Kenton, the whole speculation about Ash's Boldore evolving can finally be put to rest.

Boldore's evolution is still in question... One of the Trainers' used a Gigalith in BW106, that could be the same Pokemon from the calender. -___-

Yeah, I was thinking about the same thing. Too bad. I really wanted Boldore to evolve.

That's a relief about the Gigalith. Ash's Boldore has really grown on me, especially after the way it was used in Kyurem vs. the Sword of Justice.

Since the main Unova quest is almost over (gym battles and league), and it's probable that this may be the last we see of Trip (I hope) and Bianca (I hope not), I think it should be time to evolve the Unova starters. I get the feeling we're going to see Pignite evolve at some point, he's getting a fair amount of battle experience, and im backing him to beat Hydreigon and Ferrothorn in the Kotetsu battle. I think it would make sense to see him evolve, especially if Bianca disappears and we never see her Emboar again. Same with Trip leaving and never seeing his Serperior, making way for Snivy to evolve. Oshawott seems to have become the marketing whore so I don't think we'll see him evolve ever, as much id love to. Scraggy I think will evolve eventually, but not for some time yet.

I don't get why they never evolved Palpitoad. Just make it a random reserve powerhouse, would anyone care?

And I don't see why they can't evolve Boldore. It can't be that hard for the writers to think up a scenario where he evolves. Maybe Ash and co walk into a town that's having a trade Festival, where trainers have come to evolve pokemon that do so via trade. Someone reminds Ash that Boldore evolves that way and then some plot happens, soul searching, character development, blah blah, then Ash trades and trades back and boom, Gigalith.

Not that I have a complete opinion on this but:

Is anyone here actually arguing that because there's an Oshawott in the Pikachu short, Oshawott won't be evolving until after to July?

I question that logic, because the poster for the Pikachu short was revealed around or exactly at the same time as the red Genesect movie reveal.

Surely if Oshawott was going to evolve in April or May or even June, surely the Pikachu short poster wouldn't automatically have a Dewott on it.

I guess Oshawott wouldn't be on there then, but since Snivy isn't, and if that indicates Snivy is evolving, then wouldn't the lack of starters be too suspicious at this point in time, so why not "lie" by having Oshawott be on there, and then when other possible Dewott merchandise shows up, just update the poster when it gets to be that time.

I just don't know why I've seen people automatically go "Nope, Oshawott is on the poster, it's not evolving until after July" and I'm thinking there is just too many things wrong with this line of thinking.

I mean sure it could turn out to be the right line of thinking, but still though, I don't see how the poster is the be all proof that Oshawott won't evolve. It's a December 2012 revealed poster, and it wouldn't make sense to completely devoid it of Unova starters. And it would especially be suspicious at this point in time to have Dewott, Servine and Pignite on it, and assuming Snivy doesn't evolve, why not put Snivy on it. But then you have to realized Oshawott is apparently the most popular Unova starter, so there's just a lot of assumptions right now. Even with Pansage and Axew as well.

I'd say we should wait until a later time, before completely erasing "Dewott" on the candidates for evolving before the movie, until we get more movie merchandise of Oshawott. But feel free to believe what you want.

I'm hoping that Tsutarja does evolve soon. Nothing interesting has happened to her. She hasn't learned a new move since the 5 on 5 battle against Trip. One could say that she been knew Leaf Blade though.

Back
Top Bottom