• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

http://s.cyrill.lilect.net/uploader/files/201403170123370000.jpg

I think that Pikachu-like thing next to James (number 6, right photo) is Swirlix. Maybe he'll catch one?

Nooooo! I wanted Ash to have a Swirlix. T__T

But I can totally see James with one as well. Imagine all the gags they can have with it licking James' face everytime it is released.

While we are at it, I think Jessie should get a Spitzee and evolve it into a very sassy Aromatisse.

A Swirlix would be nice for James... I think it fits him and a Fairy-type is a nice addition.

I can't see James anywhere on that page. The picture you refer to seems to have Ash and either a poor picture of Pikachu or something imitating Pikachu in it, unless this is meant to be James in a disguise for some reason.

Out of all the fairy types, Id love for Swirlix to be on Ash's team, and then have Flabebe on Serena's.

I doubt Ash would catch another fire-type since he's well aware of Fletchling's evolutions(I think)

I can see him with a Steel or Poison type by the time he gets to that Fairy-type Gym, or he'd catch one as well. If that's the case I'll bet the Fairy Pokemon he'd catch would be one with a 'rogue' personality, or something to start a running gag with. I can see Serena ending up with a Fairy-type(most likely).

Like most people, I think Ash will get a Lucario(could be his Steel-type, lulz) with its Mega Stone etc. I'd like to see Froakie evolve as well, could be Sceptile #2(but slightly moar awesome)

Even if that were a wild Flabebe, I can't see Clemont catching it for Bonnie to keep. Bonnie already has Dedenne to look after.

So, a new scan shows the Golden Magikarp episode will have a Clauncher in it...

Then the scan for the Skrelp/Dralgae episode mentions that Clauncher finds an injured Skrelp...

That makes it seem as if Clauncher will be captured, since it's appearing in two episodes separately, with the Amaura episode in between them.

That makes it seem as if Clauncher will be captured, since it's appearing in two episodes separately, with the Amaura episode in between them.

Well, Ash does have a tendency to capture the regional crustaceans, although on the flip-side he does already have water covered with Froakie. Clauncher doesn't exactly seem like the most obvious pokemon to go with Serena, and I'd be surprised if Clemont got a third addition to his active roster (fourth if you count Dedenne) so quickly. Should be interesting however it turns out.

I like the idea of Clemont catching Clauncher, its artillery theme goes well with his techyness.

I wonder if someone will catch Skrelp too.

Have Serena catch Clauncher. Ash can catch Skrelp. At least then he gets the chance of diversifying his team some.

I'm really curious to see who that Clauncher belongs to now. I really hope it isn't Ash's. Even though it really suits him, he only has 3 spots left. Don't fill it with a type that he already has and can only remain a Water Type. Especially when you can have a Badass Poison Dragon.

Please Ash, catch that Skrelp

Last edited:
What do you guys think the chances of Ash getting a Lucario are? I think that there is a good chance he will.

Well, Clauncher apparently belongs to the COTD, but it's got a lot of focus in the preview for belonging to a COTD...

Guess it's possible he may give it to one of the gang in exchange for catching the Golden Magikarp, since he's an old dude and I imagine he won't need Clauncher for fishing once he completes his probably life goal.

So, after the previews, it's pretty obvious Ash won't get a Lucario. You'd think that after it was showcased 3 generations in a row (by Gym Leader Maylene and indirectly by the Riolu two-parter, by Ash's final opponent in the Unova League whose name I will not bother remembering and now by Korrina), the writers would finally give him one, because I just know he will be promoted next gen again.

Speaking of promotions, Greninja has been made a playable character in Super Smash Bros for the Wii U/3DS. Given that Ash has a Froakie currently and that Smash Bros usually puts the most popular Pokémon on the rooster, could this be another indication for Froakie to become a Greninja?

Speaking of promotions, Greninja has been made a playable character in Super Smash Bros for the Wii U/3DS. Given that Ash has a Froakie currently and that Smash Bros usually puts the most popular Pokémon on the rooster, could this be another indication for Froakie to become a Greninja?

Huh. I wonder what the gameplay for the character will be like. As for whether or not it's an indication that Ash's Froakie will evolve into a Greninja well..... I think there's a good chance it is especially when you take into consideration the fact that at least one of Ash's starter pokémon in each of the previous seasons/series evolved except in the case of the AG series where he only had one of the starters which guaranteed it would evolve which it did and so far the XY series is exactly like the AG series so..... you see where I'm going with this.

Yay, Ash didn't catch a Clauncher. I can breath a sigh of relief.

Now on to XY024. Ash fishes up a Skrelp. Possible capture?? Probably not, but one can dream. I for one would be stoked

Back
Top Bottom