• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

I don't think it's been outright 100% confirmed, but its 99% certain.
And not before time either, Ash is desperate for more Pokes, he only has 3, still could be like poor Serena and only have one.
It's Game Freak's fault for only introducing 72 new Pokemon, there's a much narrower pool to choose from than say Unova where there was 156 and Ash had like a team of 12 but rotating.
Yes because there aren't other 600 Pokémon besides the 72 new ones. It is like people forget older Pokémon exist when a new generation is released. So it is not Game Freak's fault Ash and Serena don't want to catch more Pokémon the show, there are plenty of older and newer Pokémon they could catch. Also, we are still very early in the show, before the 40th episode, there is no need for rushing captures just for the sake of pleasing a few anxious people.

Lastly, Ash catching a lot of Pokémon in Best Wishes was AWFUL, that should never happen again (Game Freak introducing more than 100 Pokémon in a new generation should never happen again also). I'd rather see him with Pikachu, Froakie, Hawlucha and the ugly bird during the whole show rather than Ash rotating more than ten Pokémon again.

Are you having trouble remembering them all or something? The first 5 gens all had more than 100 new Pokemon, I can't see why you want less bang for your buck with the new ones. When I buy a new game, I don't want to be forced to still use Pokemon I've used before. I loved Gen 5 for the very reason that they was suddenly so many new ones to play about with and explore.

Also the cartoon is a giant advert for the games, the characters rarely ever capture a Pokemon outside that gen, on the odd occasion they do like, Gligar for instance, its so they can evolve into Gliscor later on.

72 is a very small pool to choose from, it's actually less than 72 due to legendaries and evolutionary families.

I understand your opinion about starting a game fresh by using only new Pokemon, thats the reason why so many people liked BW. On the other hand, there are a lot of Pokemon fans that want to use there favourites through out a story as well. Some people want less bang because they are satisfied with the things they got instead of constantly getting newer Pokemon.

To me, GF gave us BW for a fresh start and XY for the nostalgia.

As a connection to the anime: I don't see why the main gang is limited to the available Gen VI Pokemon while there are so many Pokemon to choose from! As I mentioned, XY gave us lots of nostalgic feelings with all the older Pokemon. I think there is a good chance that all the main characters get a pre-Gen VI Pokemon as a reference to the games' wide range of available Pokemon.

I agree with Guidznl. Ash and Co utilizing pre-Gen 6 Pokemon as well is perfectly fine and acceptable. There is no rule that states they must strictly stick to the new Pokemon presented.

And not before time either, Ash is desperate for more Pokes, he only has 3, still could be like poor Serena and only have one.
It's Game Freak's fault for only introducing 72 new Pokemon, there's a much narrower pool to choose from than say Unova where there was 156 and Ash had like a team of 12 but rotating.
Yes because there aren't other 600 Pokémon besides the 72 new ones. It is like people forget older Pokémon exist when a new generation is released. So it is not Game Freak's fault Ash and Serena don't want to catch more Pokémon the show, there are plenty of older and newer Pokémon they could catch. Also, we are still very early in the show, before the 40th episode, there is no need for rushing captures just for the sake of pleasing a few anxious people.

Lastly, Ash catching a lot of Pokémon in Best Wishes was AWFUL, that should never happen again (Game Freak introducing more than 100 Pokémon in a new generation should never happen again also). I'd rather see him with Pikachu, Froakie, Hawlucha and the ugly bird during the whole show rather than Ash rotating more than ten Pokémon again.

Are you having trouble remembering them all or something? The first 5 gens all had more than 100 new Pokemon, I can't see why you want less bang for your buck with the new ones. When I buy a new game, I don't want to be forced to still use Pokemon I've used before. I loved Gen 5 for the very reason that they was suddenly so many new ones to play about with and explore.

Also the cartoon is a giant advert for the games, the characters rarely ever capture a Pokemon outside that gen, on the odd occasion they do like, Gligar for instance, its so they can evolve into Gliscor later on.

72 is a very small pool to choose from, it's actually less than 72 due to legendaries and evolutionary families.

I understand your opinion about starting a game fresh by using only new Pokemon, thats the reason why so many people liked BW. On the other hand, there are a lot of Pokemon fans that want to use there favourites through out a story as well. Some people want less bang because they are satisfied with the things they got instead of constantly getting newer Pokemon.

As a connection to the anime: I don't see why the main gang is limited to the available Gen VI Pokemon while there are so many Pokemon to choose from! As I mentioned, XY gave us lots of nostalgic feelings with all the older Pokemon. I think there is a good chance that all the main characters get a pre-Gen VI Pokemon as a reference to the games' wide range of available Pokemon.

I agree with Guidznl. Ash and Co utilizing pre-Gen 6 Pokemon as well is perfectly fine and acceptable. There is no rule that states they must strictly stick to the new Pokemon presented.

I love how you talk as if the decision is up to you. Also would you mind pointing me to this rulebook for the cartoon?

The fact of the matter is the cartoon is one giant advert for the games, and Ash and his friends for that matter, only capture Pokemon from the current generation, Pokemon that evolve into a member of the current generation, or when a remake comes out they capture a couple from that original generation (usually starters)

I love how you talk as if the decision is up to you. Also would you mind pointing me to this rulebook for the cartoon?

The fact of the matter is the cartoon is one giant advert for the games, and Ash and his friends for that matter, only capture Pokemon from the current generation, Pokemon that evolve into a member of the current generation, or when a remake comes out they capture a couple from that original generation (usually starters)

My dream of Ash getting Leafeon as his grass type in this generation is ruined. Q.Q But there is always a slight change of the old generation pokemon being caught . Time will tell .

Did I not just say there isn't one? And the decision isn't up to me, I'm just stating the obvious. He and his friends can catch pre-Gen 6 Pokemon, just as they can catch Gen 6 Pokemon. I don't understand why this is such a difficult concept for people to accept. I understand if you don't agree with it, but you should be able to accept the possibility. Additionally, that "advert" can apply to games/media outside the current region as well. Past Pokemon can also be promoted/featured/spotlighted etc.

Did I not just say there isn't one? And the decision isn't up to me, I'm just stating the obvious. He and his friends can catch pre-Gen 6 Pokemon, just as they can catch Gen 6 Pokemon. I don't understand why this is such a difficult concept for people to accept. I understand if you don't agree with it, but you should be able to accept the possibility. Additionally, that "advert" can apply to games/media outside the current region as well. Past Pokemon can also be promoted/featured/spotlighted etc.

The Pokemon anime has been going 15 years now, maybe longer. In that time, Ash and his friends have never stepped out of those boundaries I mentioned. Yes I guess it is "psobbile" that he could catch one that has nothing to do with the current Gen/remakeGen but its also possible that he grows wings, turns into an Aerodactyl and trades Pikachu away for a Doduo. The point is they are both extremely unlikely.

The Pokemon anime has been going 15 years now, maybe longer. In that time, Ash and his friends have never stepped out of those boundaries I mentioned. Yes I guess it is "psobbile" that he could catch one that has nothing to do with the current Gen/remakeGen but its also possible that he grows wings, turns into an Aerodactyl and trades Pikachu away for a Doduo. The point is they are both extremely unlikely.

The point is that it may happen and is plausible no matter the low probability. There's no need to get so angry and critical for something you yourself have just acknowledged may happen. And we'll leave it at that.

The point is that it may happen and is plausible no matter the low probability. There's no need to get so angry and critical for something you yourself have just acknowledged may happen. And we'll leave it at that.

Sorry if my post came across as angry, the last part etc was meant as a joke, but sometimes my humour is lost over the internet :/

It appears that Serena will be getting a Pancham later this year, at least according to this Amazon listing:
Amazon.co.jp? 繝昴こ繝?ヨ繝「繝ウ繧ケ繧ソ繝シ 繧サ繝ャ繝翫?繝、繝ウ繝√Ε繝?: 縺翫b縺。繧

Where are you even getting the info that Serena might catch a Pancham? That's just a listing for a Pancham plush coming out in November. While I know merch is a good way to guess anime captures, it's still too far away to be certain at this point in time. So unless it's part of a plush set that features Pikachu, Froakie, Hawlucha, Fennekin and any other twerp Pokemon, then maybe it doesn't actually mean anything.

The Item info says:
商品紹介
ポケットモンスターぬいぐるみに「ヤンチャム」が登場!
"Merchandise Introduction
Pokemon stuffed animal 'Pancham' appears!"
and that's all.

Where are you even getting the info that Serena might catch a Pancham? That's just a listing for a Pancham plush coming out in November. While I know merch is a good way to guess anime captures, it's still too far away to be certain at this point in time. So unless it's part of a plush set that features Pikachu, Froakie, Hawlucha, Fennekin and any other twerp Pokemon, then maybe it doesn't actually mean anything.

The Item info says:
商品紹介
and that's all.

When I found that link, it was listed as Serena's Pancham. I even did a little Google translate of the whole thing and it did said it was Serena's. But it would seem that they changed it a few days later, and now it's just Pancham. I'm sure that few others are aware of this.

The Item info says:
商品紹介
and that's all.

When I found that link, it was listed as Serena's Pancham. I even did a little Google translate of the whole thing and it did said it was Serena's. But it would seem that they changed it a few days later, and now it's just Pancham. I'm sure that few others are aware of this.

Yeah, it was originally "Serena's Pancham," there was quite a discussion over at the Serebii forums for some time when that information first hit. It seems that for some reason, they changed it though.

She can have a Pancham. At this stage she can have anything! Something! Please!

Serena with a Pancham would be nice. She needs to catch a new Pokémon or at least make her Fennekin evolve. Do something, Serena! Please!

The Item info says:
商品紹介
and that's all.

Yeah, it was originally "Serena's Pancham," there was quite a discussion over at the Serebii forums for some time when that information first hit. It seems that for some reason, they changed it though.

That's pretty interesting to know then! Did someone get a screencap of the description before it changed?

If that turns out to be true, then I can see Serena having one, especially if it's disobedient like Iris' Emolga (but not a direct carbon copy, please). Hell, they can do what they did with Dawn and evolve it to Pangoro so Serena's team isn't all made up of small cute "plushie" Pokemon. Going by that November date, Serena *might* catch that Pancham between XY51-54 barring any breaks the show might take.

Or it can easily be a mistake in the item description. We'll have to wait and see....

According to that Amazon page, the Pancham plush/doll's "projected release date is November 22, 2014."

Whether that means anything is up to speculation; at some point the main characters would have to catch more Pokemon even if the opening stays the same (MegaVolt).

The Item info says:
商品紹介
and that's all.
Your point is?

Even though we knew about Ash getting Hawlucha, Amazon introduced a figure set with Ash, Pikachu and Hawlucha that indicated he was getting it about a month before the episode aired. If it's listed as Serena's Pancham, then it's likely it's true.

According to that Amazon page, the Pancham plush/doll's "projected release date is November 22, 2014."

Whether that means anything is up to speculation; at some point the main characters would have to catch more Pokemon even if the opening stays the same (MegaVolt).

ORAS will be out by that time so I imagine they probably will change the opening in some way.

That's pretty interesting to know then! Did someone get a screencap of the description before it changed?
Found it on 2ch
MvQPdF0.jpg

It then got changed to: ポケットモンスターぬいぐるみ ヤンチャム
Currently, it says: ポケットモンスター ポケモンXYぬいぐるみ ヤンチャム

Back
Top Bottom