• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

Looked at the new ending, and it doesn't really indicate who will catch the Noibat and the Eevee. All we know is that both will be caught by members of the main cast (not TRio) for different reasons:

1) Noibat showed up after Fletchinder but before Wobbuffet and TRio's Pokémon on the character list for the short on TV TOKYO.
2) TRio's Pokémon were shown on the sidelines of the stage. Noibat and Eevee were shown with the protagonist Pokémon on the center stage.

People are going about saying the Noibat belongs to Ash because of X and Eevee belongs to Serena because of Y. But we don't have proof of either yet. Both Pokémon were featured alongside Pokémon belonging to many characters at many points in the ending. The Noibat shot with TRio's Pokémon also had Bunnelby and Pikachu in it. The Eevee shot with Braixen and Pancham also had Chespin, Dedenne, and Gourgeist in it.

And Jessie's Pokémon is apparently a Gourgeist. I have no clue why the anime and the manga contradict so much, but anime trumps over manga canon so...

Noibat was also seen in the ending among Ash's team, so it looks like Ash will get it.

Dedenne was shown in that shot as well. That image was from the last few seconds of the ending in which all of the main cast's Pokemon gather at once in no particular order. So, it doesn't confirm Noibat at all.

I think it does.

Despite Dedenne being in that one shot it is undeniable that all the Pokemon there do belong to Ash, with Eevee not being there but there is Noibat. It would be odd for that shot to contain almost all but one of Ash's Pokemon, and Ash's last Pokemon (say Eevee) is in a different area in the shot.

Logically that points to Noibat being captured by Ash. Especially the placement of Hawlucha, in that one shot we actually see Hawlucha, but when it pans out Chespin actually replaces Hawlucha in that one location, however Chespin prior to that was not seen at all which honestly makes it clear to me that the one shot is supposed to indicate Ash's Pokemon (otherwise that one shot would have shown Chespin and not Hawlucha)

Why then Dedenne? Well Dedenne is pretty small, and since its in every episode, I think that's why Dedenne is there. Further more I would find it ridiculous if Ash did not catch a Pokemon, because it would further ruin the writing of the anime and the timeline of events in regards to captures and releasing Goodra, having Noibat and Eevee belong to other people would just be plain idiotic.

Finally to address the Eevee in the room. Given that there is less indication for it going to Ash, it has no choice but to go to Serena, because why would there be no indication Eevee goes to Ash on top of that Serena is indeed the character that needs another Pokemon (after Ash of course).

Looking at what we know I think its safe to say that unless the executive producers/animators were going crazy insane, Noibat for Ash, Eevee for Serena. And Ash and Serena are the only ones with said Pokemon.

If anyone is getting Eevee, I hope it's Serena and it evolves into Sylveon. (Even though it's personally my least favorite eeveelution). I just hope she gets another capture soon.
As for Noibat, I'd prefer for Ash not to get it (I'd hoped Serena would), but I'd much rather he get it than TR.

I think Noibat goes to Ash, Eevee to Serena (to pull a Sylveon) and Gourgeist is (duh!) Jessie's.

As for Noibat, I'd prefer for Ash not to get it (I'd hoped Serena would), but I'd much rather he get it than TR.

Come on, why waste such a cool mon as Noibat (and a potential Noivern) on TR? imo Inkay and Gourgeist are enough for them, at least under Ash's command it'll develop a bit more...

Last edited:
Goodra releez confurmd by d traylr

But in all seriousness... Eevee... again?! I hate that frickin brown rat. If they go for all the cliches - Serena, the pretty girl who's into beauty contests, getting the cute widdle Eevee and then evolving it into the stunningly beautiful and elegant and brand-spanking-new Nymphia... I don't know who I'll kill.

Come on, why waste such a cool mon as Noibat (and a potential Noivern) on TR? imo Inkay and Gourgeist are enough for them, at least under Ash's command it'll develop a bit more...

Wait, what?

Fear the unbeatable team of emolga and mamoswine ash

Mamoswine only hurts Hawlucha and Noibat

Emolga only hurts Fletchinder Frogadier and Hawlucha.

As you can see adding Noibat doesn't hurt him with electricity but only gains a severe weakness to ice types.

Wait a minute I thought mamoswine hurt pikachu too. Also who else is in ash's team? Also noibat cannot go against emolga, stats and type matchups wise the only good Pokemon vs emolga is pikachu, and vs mamoswine is frogadier

I think it would be overkill for (probably Serena's) Eevee to evolve into Sylveon after XY074, XY014 and all the hype around the Eevee short. It might the quintessential Kalos Pokémon for Showcases, but I'm hoping that the writers will break the mold a bit.

Personally I want this Eevee to evolve quickly.

The last Eevee (May's) that was on the main cast was relatively plain and boring compared to some of the other Pokémon on there at the time. The Eevee had very little personality compared to Squirtle and Munchlax, and all of the battles and appeals it has been in were boring. It was Shadow Ball this, and Dig that. There was so little coverage to Eevee's moves that the writers had to give it almost every non-Normal type move it could learn at the time, and its battles still were uninteresting to say the least. Only when May's Pokemon return in DP as an evolved Pokémon did Glaceon actually have both an interesting movepool and a personality.

Even though Eevee as a species has more type coverage and interesting moves now than it did in AG, its movepool still is barren, and I worry that this Eevee will also be given Shadow Ball, Dig, and Tackle. Three boring moves that are already covered by Pokémon on the main cast and/or TRio's team. At least Sylveon's Fairy-typing gives it a spin on its movepool and allows the Pokémon to use moves that no other major character's Pokémon could use.

And a good personality is a must as well.

I am wondering if Eevee is there for a possible gen 7 eeveelution, like what Dawn did with her Eevee evolving it to Glaceon. It does make a bit of sense that Dawn get it right after the Ash's sixth badge and it will not have much time to develop.

Wait a minute I thought mamoswine hurt pikachu too. Also who else is in ash's team? Also noibat cannot go against emolga, stats and type matchups wise the only good Pokemon vs emolga is pikachu, and vs mamoswine is frogadier

Didn''t think of it because ground type moves rarely exist within ground type Pokemon on the main cast but sure, if Mamoswine HAD a ground type then yes, but let's not forget Pikachu can hurt Mamoswine with iron tail.

Also Emolga only resists Noibat's flying type which who knows what it's hypothetical move set it could have. Noibat using Shadow Claw and Outrage, with possibly Bite and Hurricane/air Slash would make Noibat neutral to Emolga.

Last edited:
Kind of weird that they're giving Ash three Flying-types now. I mean, at least Hawlucha filled a niche that poor Fletchinder didn't.

If he does get Noibat, I can see it being primary being a special attacker with moves like Air Cutter and Dragon Pulse while Talonflame will be more of a close-range combatant.

But yeah, I think having three flying types seems a little overboard too. I was kinda hoping for Tyrantrum, at least it's a little more distinct.

Imagine the worst possible outcome and your most likely close to what will happen in the end... Anyway, wouldn't mind Eevee, especially if it goes to Serena, as long as it doesn't evolve into Glaceon since an earlier main girl had one in the cameo (and it was May, not Dawn). What I wouldn't like is Ash getting Noibat because pre-XY it already had it's time to shine but if it would go to TR it would be okay. I can think of the one or other funny scene where it's sound waves screw with their plans. However, if it goes to Ash, I have to tolerate it anyway, though this doesn't mean I like it. We will see.

See you around and have a nice day.

Someone just told me they're releasing Goodra, wtf

That's a waste of like two months

No wonder it evolved so quick

What I wouldn't like is Ash getting Noibat because pre-XY it already had it's time to shine

I don't get this at all.

First off Noibat didn't exist pre-XY I mean sure Noivern showed up but Noibat didn't show up, Noibat and Noiver are 6th generation Pokemon.

Secondly the Noivern that did show up pre-XY belonged to another trainer, and there was no way Ash was going to get it.

Next you don't mind Serena with an Eevee despite Eevee's been done to death (except maybe a proper eeveelution being on the main case), but Ash can't get Noibat.

I am at a loss of what you mean here. Especially when Ash caught Aipom and Gligar, and he got Phanpy even though Donphan showed up in the first movie.

Kind of weird that they're giving Ash three Flying-types now. I mean, at least Hawlucha filled a niche that poor Fletchinder didn't.

I can live with the 3 flying types if they do things right.
Hawlucha doesn't have even one flying type move. I consider him more of a fighting type than a flying.
Fletchinder could be transitioned into a fire type attacker and downplay his flying ability.
Noibat could be the "pure" flying type and add a bit of a comic element to Ash's team.

If Ash get's Noibat, I find it more interesting that he will have the 4 fastest Kalos evolutionary lines. Gives him a lot of different "sweeper" team options once the League starts and he starts mixing in his previous captures.
Really makes me think they're gearing up for one epic Sky Battle somewhere down the line.

Last edited:
After some thinking, I started to get unsure whether which team will have Noibat and Eevee.

However, instead of trying to pair and compare it with Ash and his pals, I'm going to go outside the box. One thing I wouldn't want to see is Ash will get a Noibat. I mean, it's really unnecessary to catch another Flying type Pokemon since he has two for the hassle (Yes, I'm contra with this matching) and I don't think Serena will also want it for performing, let alone Clemmont who is absolutely not well trained with Flying types although it may seems potentially causing a gag between his party.

And again, another negative reaction from me if Noibat belongs to the Summer Camp trio. Their Pokemon were never showcased in both OP and ED and I don't think they'll appear frequently. The bottom line is, it's a total zero chance.

Which means, my only candidate for Noibat is:

Shota

Why not? He's going to appear soon and my opinion says that it's worth for him to get one because he's more suitable to train as a Kalos Pokemon starter and I can have big bet for it. For me, it's definitely going to be a good match to battle between him and Ash and I would have to say that it's really going to interest me for a schoolkid who looks like a Hoenn resident.

Yet again, the big question is, will he follows Ash's group? The 18th movie from the latest trailer says otherwise so I can't just stating that he is gonna appear without solid proof. Indeed, but I still think this theory would work.

Eevee...it's a different story. I've seen all of your opinions about this and I do agree that Serena shouldn't have one remembering that May has it prior evolving into Glaceon, the chances are, most people don't want to see a companion trainer who has a Pokemon that had already taken from previous saga. We need to make sure before taking the opportunity to stating which one that Eevee belongs to.

Overall, all of these thinking is quite disorienting. We don't know WHO catches the new member and WHEN do they do it. But if it does, I'm sure their role will be much important with their fellow members and it's gonna be merrier rather than a full boredom.

This post was just stating my mind and I can see something could be wrong so your disagreements will be appreciated.

Yet again, the big question is, will he follows Ash's group? The 18th movie from the latest trailer says otherwise so I can't just stating that he is gonna appear without solid proof. Indeed, but I still think this theory would work.
Shota is definitely not in the movie; the cast list has been confirmed. And if Noibat were Shota's, I don't see any reason why it would appear without Treecko in the ending and movie short. Finally, we also know that Shota has a Bagon.

Back
Top Bottom