• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

and had his Riolu evolve during battle, and managed to win the league. Probably the saddest league that the writers have put Ash through.
What? He got defeated next round.

Also, I believe that the writers will think of something for the league, I'm sure that there's an empty spot for a reason.

My bad. For some reason I though that idiot won the league.

Also, for some reason I feel like Ash will bring Sceptile back for the league.
I think he will be using almost all of the Pokémon he owns cause i think this will be a different type of league....like double battles, tag battles, 6 on 6 battles and 1 on 1 Mega Evolution Battles........I hope so that this league contains the one i mentioned above....I am bored of seeing same pattern in the league and as XY - XY&Z are trend breakers, this will take place...

Hopefully that means Goodra is returning and they just didn't want to spoil it ahead of time in any movie preview.

New trailer for the Volcanion and Magearna movie confirms ASH STILL DOESN'T HAVE A NEW POKEMON IN THE SUMMER.

Well he could still get one and it might simply not be spoiled yet. IIRC Chimchar's evolution was hidden during most of the Movie 12 hype period, so maybe we're seeing something kind of similar here.

Was it? I thought Monferno had some merchandise for that movie and people were just skeptical because it wasn't in any scenes but at least merchandise-wise, we knew Ash had a Monferno by then.

We also knew for the Diancie movie that Ash would get Hawlucha (before he got it) based on posters and Pikachu short scenes so I don't think they care about spoilers.

So if Ash doesn't show any other pokemon besides his 5, I think he actually might not have a 6th pokemon by the movie.

Actually, it's confirmed he has 5:
img09.png

Last edited:
Well he could still get one and it might simply not be spoiled yet. IIRC Chimchar's evolution was hidden during most of the Movie 12 hype period, so maybe we're seeing something kind of similar here.
While you are wrong since we knew Ash was going to have both Staraptor and Monferno when movie merchandise came out which happened before the Poke Ringer episode.

I wish people would realize that a capture is different than an evolution, especially when evolution is happening within a few hours.

We didn't know about Hawlucha until what maybe 7 weeks before the episode aired.

Actually, it's confirmed he has 5:
Not that I 100% disagree with you but at the same time, I very much doubt there will be NO team changes for next 5 months.

Do people really want another Snorunt? Why?

Even Snorunt got 4 months' worth of development before the Hoenn League, which seems quite unlikely in this case.

Well, maybe the movie occurs before the league where Goodra returns?
The movie occurring before the league is likely. Even if the league starts in June-July, the movie has to correspond to an earlier point in the journey (much like the Zoroark movie).

So Ash is done with captures in XY. Not too surprising, the writers don't want another BW. Even Gible's late capture at the tail-end of DP was rather pointless, especially since it never got to come back and evolve. I remember when BW was airing I thought Ash would bring Gible back to meet Iris but that oddly never happened.

Not that I 100% disagree with you but at the same time, I very much doubt there will be NO team changes for next 5 months.

Back in BW, after Krookodile, there was pretty much no team changes besides bringing back Charizard when there easily could've been a new capture somewhere. Granted, BW had some weird decisions when it came to their post-league arc but still, it just shows that there is the possibility of Ash not catching another pokemon by the movie time. The bios and the merchandise that we have so far lean towards that. And I think especially the bios can be telling, I remember it was because of these bios that we figured out Ambipom was going to leave Dawn's team because it wasn't included back then for one of the DP movies.

Also, we knew that Hawlucha was a possible capture at least by April if not earlier for the Diancie movie based off of merchandise and trailers. So for this movie, if there was an additional pokemon on the cast, we'd at least get hints for it by next month but one of the pieces of merchandise coming out next month includes all of Ash's current pokemon, but no others.

Is it possible Ash could catch a 6th pokemon and it's just hidden for some reason, sure. But the likely option is that Ash just doesn't get anything, at least based on what we've been given so far.

The only old pokemon I'd like to see return is Glalie, Infernape, Gible, and some more of the underused ones. Don't need to see Charizard for the millionth time.

I think it would be funny if the writers ignore all of Ash's BW Pokemon like they didn't bother to give Iris or Cilan a cameo in XY. Seems to me the writers are trying to get people to forget BW ever happened.

While you are wrong since we knew Ash was going to have both Staraptor and Monferno when movie merchandise came out which happened before the Poke Ringer episode.

I said during most of - not all of - Movie 12's promo period. And I didn't even mention Staraptor. :confused:

Tbh it's also not implausible that Ash's XY team might end up incomplete and he might just use reserves at the KL to fill the last spot imho. Kind of like rotation, except not terribly done unlike how it was in BW.

This could be the perfect opportunity to fix Torterra, and he needs a grass type too. I'd love Infernape to come back to. Imagine if he uses his best side. Pikachu, Charizard, Sceptile, Infernape, Greninja and Krookodile/Noivern/Goodra/Someone else.

Back
Top Bottom