• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

I'm pretty sure we are getting trolled in regards to Ash's sixth Pokemon. If it's not Goodra (insert gigantic eye roll here), tt'll probably be an epic disappointment like Snivy, Snorlax, or Tauros. Not that there is anything wrong with those three, but the aura of mystery that has surrounded the sixth slot makes me think this way.

I believe it will be Goodra. The episode dedicated to it feels like too obvious foreshadowing. It could be a red herring, yeah, but I think it won't. That Pokemon was given lots of development and it would be easier for new viewers to relate to its appearance to the League. While the older Pokemon would sure be interesting to see again, they will feel out-of-place.

Welp, with all the exposure and glorification that Mega Charizard X has enjoyed through Alain's ownership, I hope that Y eventually gets its time in the sun :) after being OHKO'd by its cousin today.

As Trevor's MCY will likely never appear again, perhaps the much speculated plot element of Ash getting a Mega Ring and Charizardite Y will materialise and we can see Ash show off its true potential with his own Charizard. I guess much will depend on what follows the current League arc and how the Team Flare climax unfolds. I guess it is also a possibility that Ash-Greninja could remain the focus all the way until XY(Z) is over.

Of the new Pokemon revealed today, the only one I could see on the main cast is Togedemaru. And of course this is mainly because they've been having the Pikaclones join the cast since Gen 4. Honestly, as of right now, I'm not too interested in Togedemaru as I have been into the past Pikaclones, so I don't think I'd be too torn up if it didn't get captured by a major character, and truthfully, I think they could use a break from the main cast. Though seeing it in the anime could make me like it more so, I'd welcome it. If it does get captured, I kind of hope it's by a male like XY did since we already had two females with them.

That new Salandit seems perfect for Team Rocket! I can picture a female one with Jessie, or even a male one with James (since he has a story of owning fire-type Pokémon, even if it was only Growlie).

The new Pokemon Salandit looks straight up like a villain or rival's Pokemon imo. I can't imagine it being on the main cast. I'd rather see it with a major rival honestly.

I don't care what she catches, but I do want Musashi's Poison Queen status returned to her.

Goodra's return is good. However, Ash has three pokemon weak to Fairy and three that is weak to Ice. Of course Pikachu's Iron Tail and Talonflame's Flame Charge counter those weaknesses so I suppose it be alright.

The new Pokemon Salandit looks straight up like a villain or rival's Pokemon imo. I can't imagine it being on the main cast. I'd rather see it with a major rival honestly.

Disagree.
IMO it looks destined for Ash. In fact, IMO it will probably be one of his "powerhouse" pokemon(fully evolved, most powerful battler for a region) by the end of the SM series.
I see a lot of similarities with the Sandile line.

Since I don't see Ash catching a Litten(Ash never gets cat's or dog's and I think that's by design), it slots in easily as his fire type for the region and is his first proper Poison type since Muk.
Of the Pokemon revealed so far, Salandit is one of the 3 I think are most likely to be caught by Ash(Rowlet and Pikipek being the other two).
I might change that opinion depending on what other Fire types are revealed, but right now Salandit is far and away my pick to be Ash's fire type.

Goodra did come back, which is exciting. I don't know if it was legal though. Goodra sitting in the back of a truck like that was pretty dangerous and looked against the law... But I see Ash getting Salandit and Vikavolt. He doesn't get too many electric types because of Pikachu, but Vikavolt's dual bug typing could be a good addition to the team.

It will be interesting if Kiteruguma is caught by a main character given the warnings around Aloha, would love Ash to catch Mimikkyu as it gives him a Ghost/Fairy type, neither of which he has owned before

It will be interesting if Kiteruguma is caught by a main character given the warnings around Aloha, would love Ash to catch Mimikkyu as it gives him a Ghost/Fairy type, neither of which he has owned before

No way we are gonna have both a Pikachu and a Pikachu doll in the main cast. I see it more as the plot of a filler episode.

Back
Top Bottom