• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

Any thoughts on Ash's water type for Alola? I think either he may get Araquanid, and if not, he'll end up with no water type for the region, like grass for Kalos.
Based off the Waterium-Z and Araquanid fitting Lana better I'd say there will be no Water Type for Ash this generation.

I'm hoping for it but I'm not expecting it, honestly at this point I don't know what she can get, the only two Pokemon I could see her getting, Fomantis and Morelull, have both appeared in front of Mallow without her even show a hint of want them pretty much ruling them out.

I don't think Serena showed any interest in the Pancham in XY011. So, I don't think it's impossible for her to get a Pokemon that's already appeared. Plus Ash didn't catch the first Snorlax he wanted to catch in EP041 or the first Gible he wanted to catch in DP145.

I'm guessing we'll get another round of fillers, and then off to Ula Ula we go, that said, I wonder if Ash will capture a Passimian.

Or which ever mon he captures next, I'm willing to guess it'll be one that doesn't evolve so the mon that is captured doesn't need much "development" towards evolution.

Another long shot here, maybe even longer but with Ash returning to Kanto for two episodes, would it be too much to hope that Ash will catch a Pokemon from Kanto who has an Alolan form, take it with him to Alola and when it evolves, it becomes the Alola form

Another long shot here, maybe even longer but with Ash returning to Kanto for two episodes, would it be too much to hope that Ash will catch a Pokemon from Kanto who has an Alolan form, take it with him to Alola and when it evolves, it becomes the Alola form

Which Pokemon would that be? The amount of Pokemon that evolve into an Alola form from a regular Kanto form are very small.

Which Pokemon would that be? The amount of Pokemon that evolve into an Alola form from a regular Kanto form are very small.

Did I misunderstand something, if a Pokemon brought from another game with a Alolan form evolves in Alola, it evolves into the Alolan form

Part of me is still hoping for Geodude

Did I misunderstand something, if a Pokemon brought from another game with a Alolan form evolves in Alola, it evolves into the Alolan form

Well, I guess it's time for a science experiment, I'll send a Diglett or Geodude from Gen 6 into Gen 7 and see what happens in the games. But I don't think that logic works in the anime.

Pretty sure that's only for Pokemon like Marowak and Exeggutor who don't have Alolan prevolved forms so Pokemon like Vulpix and Godude who has a full line of Alolan forms can't go from Kanto to Alolan forms.

Maybe one of Ash's reserve Pokemon could evolve during the Kanto arc - kind of similar to Phanpy when it returned in AG or Cyndaquil in DP.

Given that the arc occurs prior to the GSC Virtual Console launch, I wouldn't mind seeing Totodile finally evolve into Croconaw through a (TR?) dispute at Oak's Lab. Ash would then have the full set of middle-stage Johto starters to call upon.

I personally don't see any of Ash's Pokemon evolving and I also doubt the reserves will get much time devoted to it besides a brief glance at all of them with perhaps a little more time devoted to ones like Snorlax or Bulbasaur, I also don't think that Brock and Misty will show any other Pokemon besides the two that will Mega Evolve.

My Dream

Quilava loses its calm, and dramatically evolves into Typhlosion. Typhlosion used earthquake, and an ore-like stone comes out of the earth, which is refined to find a Typhlosionite. Ash gains a Mega Ring after a quest, and goes back to Alola with Typhlosion to perfect its Mega. :p

I personally don't see any of Ash's Pokemon evolving and I also doubt the reserves will get much time devoted to it besides a brief glance at all of them with perhaps a little more time devoted to ones like Snorlax or Bulbasaur, I also don't think that Brock and Misty will show any other Pokemon besides the two that will Mega Evolve.

I think there might be time to touch upon a sizeable number of Ash's Pokemon while thrusting one or two into the spotlight. The Right Place and the Right Mime in AG did this admirably over one episode. From memory, Tauros, Bayleef, Bulbasaur, Snorlax and Phanpy all had meaningful interactions with Ash while his Hoenn party met his old Pokemon for the first time.

The first episode of the Kanto arc could focus on Ash catching up/reminiscing with his old human companions, with the second episode showing Misty and Brock's Megas in action alongside a selection of Ash's old and current Pokemon.

In a rare instance of cross-series continuity these days, I would personally find it a shame if the writers missed the opportunity to develop Ash's older Pokemon when they have been frozen out of action for the last decade or so.

I think there might be time to touch upon a sizeable number of Ash's Pokemon while thrusting one or two into the spotlight. The Right Place and the Right Mime in AG did this admirably over one episode. From memory, Tauros, Bayleef, Bulbasaur, Snorlax and Phanpy all had meaningful interactions with Ash while his Hoenn party met his old Pokemon for the first time.

Ash has caught a billion Pokemon practically since his time in Hoenn. I don't think much of his Pokemon will make an appearance, if at all. Maybe the gag of Ash getting ran over by Tauros, or Kiawe meeting Ash's Charizard. But that will be it... maybe Heracross attempting to eat from Bulbasaur's sap at a stretch.

Edit: I did just realize these episodes are around the time of G/S on virtual console, but I still don't think any of Ash's Pokemon will make an appearance. Steelix itself is a Gen 2 Pokemon, and Gyarados has prominence in Gen 2 via the lake. I think those two in itself will be the lowkey anime time to G/S being on virtual console.

Pokemon that is possible is exeggcute if he catch it but doubt it

Though if Ash does catch poker on from kanto to bring it to aloha will be new form for ultra games like Dusk evolution

Also

Will their be chance that
Team Rocket will catch Bewear

Some of my friends think

Jessie will since they bonded and she usually gets the strongest

James usually gets the most affection Pokemon and more of comedy type of Pokemon

Any ideas

Last edited:
Maybe one of Ash' Johtonian Pokemon joins him in Alola and evolves into a new Alolan form. That would be so Ash, getting all the special pokemon first.

I have idea of what Pokemon might that Ash will catch to bring into Aloha
Dunsparce he tried 2x to catch possible might be chance lol

Back
Top Bottom