• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

IDK about Lillie catching Jigglypuff. It just doesn't feel right. I hope Ash catches it. Ash doesn't have a fairy type yet. He doesn't have a pink pokemon yet either.

He he did have Gligar, which I consider to be pink.
Yeah, more like a pinkish purple.
Ash_Gligar.png

If any character were to catch Jigglypuff, I would hope for it to be Misty since she was the one who expressed a desire to catch it in its debut episode.

That said, I think that it still fills the niche as a recurring gag Pokemon very well even after all these years. I'm really glad that it has returned for the first time since the Whismur episode in AG.

Wait, if it turns out Brock has already caught the Marowak, maybe Misty has already caught the Jigglypuff. I don't think it will be caught or has been, but it might be nice if someone has it or gets it, but I'd much rather it come to Alola and be kept as a recurring wild Pokemon.

Misty catching that Jigglypuff? No thank you, she's had hundreds of chances to do that throughout the pink puffball's long tenure and never acted on them despite her initial interest. I'd sooner see it either go to Lillie or just follow the Alola group back to the school and resume following them.

It's not like Misty doesn't already have a handheld Normal/Fairy type Pokémon anyway. Remember her Azurill? I do.

Last edited:
Why not? Is this because Ash used to own them or why?
From what I've seen I very much doubt we will see any non-Kanto Pokemon that are at the ranch never mind any Pokemon not at the ranch appearing, honestly at this point I don't think Charizard will appear based on his lack of appearance in any previews.

The chances of Ash's Primeape returning is less then 0% since he just gave it to someone to train it and never thought about it since. The chances of Ash's Squritle appearing is pretty low since we haven't seen it since it went back to the Squirtle Squad, and they can be anywhere in kanto and Johto right now.

There was a set of key chains I saw coming out soon that appear to feature most of S/M's main Pokemon, including a silhouette that to me, and most people, definitely seemed to be Jiggs wearing Lillie's hat---so now that it's shown to have hitched a ride on Ash's plane back to Alola that seems like a strong possibility.

Also it's probably been mentioned that the new poster is lacking Litten and Rowlet, perhaps pointing to an evolution they wanted to keep secret.

With S/M presumably moving into a more serious plot with the appearance of Nebby and Aether, I'm guessing the writers might want to move Ash away from his Pokemon as his pets like they were earlier in S/M to a more competent team of battling Pokemon, Lycanroc naturally leading the charge in that regard.

The chances of Ash's Primeape returning is less then 0% since he just gave it to someone to train it and never thought about it since. The chances of Ash's Squritle appearing is pretty low since we haven't seen it since it went back to the Squirtle Squad, and they can be anywhere in kanto and Johto right now.
Screenshot_2017-09-14-17-20-55-1.png

Back
Top Bottom