• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

The Eevee has grown on me, and I want it to join the main series, but my fears about it's future are shared above. Will it stay at Oak's forever? Or does anyone think that it will become the 2nd Pikachu and be on Ash's team for the rest of eternity and never evolve?

Ash doesn't need a second permanent mascot as the past twenty years have proven. Eevee probably won't even be as relevant within a year, so it being around in Gen 8's saga seems unlikely to me unless it gets a new evo, and even then I don't expect it to stick around for more than a few years tops. Every Pokemon that Ash has minus Pikachu is destined to either be released or Oak'd.

Ash doesn't need a second permanent mascot as the past twenty years have proven. Eevee probably won't even be as relevant within a year, so it being around in Gen 8's saga seems unlikely to me unless it gets a new evo, and even then I don't expect it to stick around for more than a few years tops. Every Pokemon that Ash has minus Pikachu is destined to either be released or Oak'd.

Did you see the latest Pokemon games that are being released for the Switch? Please go look at the advertising for those games and then come back and let's talk.

Did you see the latest Pokemon games that are being released for the Switch? Please go look at the advertising for those games and then come back and let's talk.

What exactly does that have to do with the bizarre "Eevee might stay on Ash's team for the rest of eternity and never evolve" theory? You're acting as if Eevee being a game mascot for the Kanto remakes means that the new Eevee would need to stick with Ash forever, when Eevee itself most likely won't even have as much relevance next year once Gen 8 begins. I already said this, so I don't see what's so difficult to comprehend.

Frankly, some fans seem to be overestimating Eevee's popularity. Just because a Pokemon has mass appeal doesn't mean Ash has to catch it and keep it on his team forever. One mascot (Pikachu) is enough. :coffee:

Last edited:
So, pokemon not introduced yet:

Dartrix - Hau's.
Vikavolt - Sophocles?
Oriocorio S - will appear in Poni
Golisopod - Team Skull?
Pheremosa - Ultra Guardian
Kartana - Ultra Guardian
Guzzlord - Ultra Guardian
Magearna - not gonna appear
Zeraora - not gonna appear?
Meltan - could appear in this gen.

Dartrix - Hau's.
Vikavolt - Sophocles?
Golisopod - Team Skull?
Kartana - Ultra Guardian
Not much

Dartrix - Hau's.
Vikavolt - Sophocles?
Golisopod - Team Skull?
Kartana - Ultra Guardian

After the previous episode, i doubt Charjabug is gonna evolve and i think Hau is gonna introduce Vikavolt instead.

After Mallow getting Tsareena, which is still incredulous to me though I like the species, I feel anything is possible. Sophocles may very well get a Vikavolt at some point down the line-in a "trapped at a power plant" episode or something similar.

It’s pretty much in-line with my prediction that Hau's going to showcase Decidueye and Decidium Z for the league.

I think he might get an Alolan Raichu since it’s pretty popular, Hau's signature Pokémon in some way and they didn’t showcase Stoked Sparksurfer with the pancake race Raichu when they had the chance. So maybe they’re saving it for Hau's Raichu?

I suspected Sophocles' Charjabug evolving but some are saying it appears as a Charjabug in the 2019 calendar?

After Mallow getting Tsareena, which is still incredulous to me though I like the species, I feel anything is possible. Sophocles may very well get a Vikavolt at some point down the line-in a "trapped at a power plant" episode or something similar.

In before the show producers decide to make an episode where Team Skull tries to take over the power plant, and Sophocles saves the day. There's a plot point that hasn't been touched before (sarcasm).

No offence but I think Eevee will be wasted on Lana, based on what she’s been doing since the series’ beginning. They seem to be incapable of giving the the companion’s Pokémon enough attention.

They already wasted Poplio on her TT I cry.

How come I can't see these threads??
Screenshot_2018-11-09-11-01-52.png
Can send me links to other preview threads.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom