• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

A similar title was used for the Dewpider episode. Also, it doesn't specify who is catching it. It could be anyone.
The title transliteration includes the word "Gettoda ze", which is a catchphrase used when a main character catches a Pokémon. Also, as far as I know, every time this word has been used in an episode title before, it has led to a main character catching a Pokémon. And Ash would make the most sense, given how he needs a full party and the Alola League is rapidly approaching.

The title transliteration includes the word "Gettoda ze", which is a catchphrase used when a main character catches a Pokémon. Also, as far as I know, every time this word has been used in an episode title before, it has led to a main character catching a Pokémon. And Ash would make the most sense, given how he needs a full party and the Alola League is rapidly approaching.

James is a main character. He is more likely than Ash, taking in mind the title for the previous episode.

If you're going to say that a character is likely to catch Meltan, at least point out when that character used "Getto Daze" before.

I don't see what James would do with a Melmetal, and I'd think that Meltan would evolve.

If you're going to say that a character is likely to catch Meltan, at least point out when that character used "Getto Daze" before.

I don't see what James would do with a Melmetal, and I'd think that Meltan would evolve.

The thing is thats easier to give James a Mythical, than it is to give Ash an Mythical, since we all know he is gonna release it anyways after the SUMO anime is done, since the writers cannot justify letting a Mythical rot at Oaks and not call upon it later in favor of other mons (Basically, the same reason why Greninja was released). With Team Rocket, they can make it so that Giovanni demands the Meltan for further research and justify its never seen again.

The thing is thats easier to give James a Mythical, than it is to give Ash an Mythical, since we all know he is gonna release it anyways after the SUMO anime is done, since the writers cannot justify letting a Mythical rot at Oaks and not call upon it later in favor of other mons (Basically, the same reason why Greninja was released). With Team Rocket, they can make it so that Giovanni demands the Meltan for further research and justify its never seen again.

I doubt the writers will send off a Mythical to the Rocket HQ without any overarching evil plan involved.

Sending Melmetal to Giovanni would be a disaster; I am not sure how rotting at Oak's is the least justified option. Anyway, it is not hard to imagine Melmetal protecting a bunch of Meltan, be it in Alola or Kanto. For that matter, Silvally (of a suitable type) and Incineroar should be able to take down a newly evolved Melmetal.

I know Serebii isn't allowed on Bulbapedia but it is quoted as saying ''Mallow found Shaymin on Poni Island after Tapu Fini's mist made her see her departed mother. After the mist cleared, Mallow found Shaymin. She decided to look after Shaymin until it changes form and can fly away. ''

I know Serebii isn't allowed on Bulbapedia but it is quoted as saying ''Mallow found Shaymin on Poni Island after Tapu Fini's mist made her see her departed mother. After the mist cleared, Mallow found Shaymin. She decided to look after Shaymin until it changes form and can fly away. ''
I see. Let's wait for the subtitles and see what they'll have to say.

Back
Top Bottom