• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

It could be if the replacement protag has a different personality from Ash.

Then their is still no point in replacing Ash, since we get too see the same regions being travelled again. Thats the problem.
The replacement most likely has the majority of the same mons as has, because they are popular (Read: Charizard, Greninja, Sceptile, Talonflame, Snorlax)... too name a few.

Then their is still no point in replacing Ash, since we get too see the same regions being travelled again. Thats the problem.
The replacement most likely has the majority of the same mons as has, because they are popular (Read: Charizard, Greninja, Sceptile, Talonflame, Snorlax)... too name a few.
You're just assuming that the hypothetical replacement protag would be a carbon copy of Ash when there is a chance that he or she won't be, if Ash does end up getting replaced.

If the replacement also gets a Pikachu, then whats the point in replacing Ash. There isn't any.

I think the point would simply be to have a fresh new face as the main protagonist. Tbh so many people have said over the years that they're tired of Ash, so it's funny to me how suddenly there's so much panic over the possibility that Ash might get written off the show and someone else might become the new protagonist.

As for the whole Pikachu thing; y'all know deep down that there's absolutely no way that the producers would create a brand new full-time Pokemon series without finding some way to promote Pikachu on a constant basis. Pikachu's the franchise's mascot and they'd have to find some way to have Pikachu be onscreen often even if they have to get a different Pikachu to do the job.

I think the point would simply be to have a fresh new face as the main protagonist. Tbh so many people have said over the years that they're tired of Ash, so it's funny to me how suddenly there's so much panic over the possibility that Ash might get written off the show and someone else might become the new protagonist.

As for the whole Pikachu thing; y'all know deep down that there's absolutely no way that the producers would create a brand new full-time Pokemon series without finding some way to promote Pikachu on a constant basis. Pikachu's the franchise's mascot and they'd have to find some way to have Pikachu be onscreen often even if they have to get a different Pikachu to do the job.

The thing is: Ash and Team Rocket are the anime mascot, side mascots for the franchise.

If the next anime series sees different characters going round each region, I'm hoping they'll catch Pokemon that weren't caught before

The starters will probably be caught but would love to see someone catch a Spheal, Machop, Slugma, Slakoth.

Pokemon that haven't had much focus lately

As much as I think that certain Pokemon deserve more screentime, I feel like the writing staff will still stick to giving the main characters Pokemon that have mass appeal rather than them going down the maverick route and giving them things like Slugma or other unremarkable Pokemon. No offense to folks who might like Pokemon like that, but the main purpose of the show is to promote the games and merchandise by showcasing some of the most popular Pokemon.

As much as I think that certain Pokemon deserve more screentime, I feel like the writing staff will still stick to giving the main characters Pokemon that have mass appeal rather than them going down the maverick route and giving them things like Slugma or other unremarkable Pokemon. No offense to folks who might like Pokemon like that, but the main purpose of the show is to promote the games and merchandise by showcasing some of the most popular Pokemon.

Would like to see them give screen time to other Pokemon as well, could make them more popular I feel

the main purpose of the show is to promote the games and merchandise by showcasing some of the most popular Pokemon.
The show has changed my opinion on Pokémon I didn't like before many times. The show can pretty much promote any Pokémon if written properly. The presentation is how it counts.

I agree with this. There's a reason why most of the Pokemon that we see in the main group in most recent sagas are Pokemon that are considered marketable.

1. Guys and gals, shouldn't we like put the Ash leaving discussion into the speculation thread or put in it's own thread altogether?
  2. Of course every Pokè can potentially be market well to promote stuff if one wants to put effort in it but why wasting resources on less important ones, if it is much cheaper and possible just as, if not more effective to emphasis what is already widely on peoples mind? It's still business.
  3. Okay now, back to capturing. I also put my money on whatever that Corgi Pokè was called (don't care much for dogs myself but I realize a lot of people really swoon over that one) will be co-star Poké if not part of the protagonists team.

Okay now, back to capturing. I also put my money on whatever that Corgi Pokè was called (don't care much for dogs myself but I realize a lot of people really swoon over that one) will be co-star Poké if not part of the protagonists team.

Well it seems like everyone and their dog loves that thing, so yeah I also expect one of the main characters (not Ash obviously) to catch Yamper.

They might not have a Pika clone in the cast this time since Marnie owns one in the games and I'm guessing she'll have one in the show too. I don't think she's cast material so she might be a recurring rival or just a support character, but she'll probably showcase Morpeko in place of a cast member.

Tbh I loathe all the regional electric rodents since they're all just an excuse to sell plushies, so I'd be happy if Morpeko isn't in the cast.

Summary for SM140: The first ever champion of the Alola Pokémon League has finally been declared! The stadium was filled with cheers towards the birth of the first ever champion in Alolan history. But during the award ceremony, the gigantic Pokémon Akuziking suddenly appeared and started destroying the venue?! Satoshi and the other league entrants, the Island Kings and Queens, as well as Royal Mask, all band together as a battle to stop Akuziking begins! And then a certain other Pokémon comes from beyond the Ultra Hole to join the scene...

I'm hoping that this is referring to Poipole

Back
Top Bottom