• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

OK I actually have a reason for all of ash’s capture predictions.
Sobble - sobble is timid so I can see ash trying to help this Pokémon be brave.
Grookey - since that girl is not considered a main cast i don’t see her getting a starter Pokémon, so it’ll go to ash. I just hope it’s not the comic relief though it lols like scorbunny will be the comic relief so I think it’ll be fine.
Rookidee - the regional bird plus if he evolves it into a Corviknight that would even more awesome than talonflame.
Sizzlipede - since Go has scorbunny, this could be his fire type.
Dreepy - ash’s pseudo legendary plus he should get a ghost type.
Duraludon - this could be his new steel type plus ash should on a really powerful dragon since he released Goodra and naganadel and his noivern is not that good.
Clobbopus - when I see this Pokémon I think Hawlucha plus it would be funny to see him get ash in a headlock.
Chewtle- i can see it being ash’s most disobedient Pokémon, plus I feel like it’ll be his gigantamax Pokémon as drednaw if he’s not gonna do it for pikachu.
Sirfetch’d/Galarian Ponyta - I can see these two being possible galarian forms for ash to catch since he didn’t get an alolan form in alola. Plus sirfetched could be the comic relief and Ponyta could be his psychic type.
Rolycoly - I don’t know this made me think of boldore. Plus I want to see steam engine animated.
Snom - he could use a new ice type since glalie
Hattena - I think ash should get a female looking Pokémon. Plus if he evolves it this could be his fairy type.
I don't think that Ash is getting that many Pokemon.

My predictions so far (these will contain spoilers so tread carefully):
Sobble: This just feels like a very Ash mon plus it already has a story arc in it’s line. I’m not sure if it’s going to evolve all the way though. I could possibly see an arc where as a Drizzle it’s very prideful and doesn’t listen to Ash’s instructions but the two would work it out and it’d be Ash’s ace for this series.
Clobbopus-Grapploct: I just get Hawlucha vibes from these two.
?
?
?
I think we’re also going to see quite a few of his old Pokémon return which could potentially limit how many Galar Pokémon he catches.

Cramorant:
I can already imagine it stuffing Kojiro’s head or Nyasu into it’s mouth whenever it’s released from it’s ball.
and/or
Sinistea/Polteageist: I feel like a lot of the Team Rocket fandom have wanted for Kojiro to get this one since Polteageist was revealed and I agree. It’s cute, it’s lovable, it’s fitting for a former aristocrat, and since it’s a ghost inside a teapot, it can still give hugs.

Nickit: It just feels like a very Rockety mon to me. It’s cute, it’s sneaky, and then there’s it’s Pokédex entry;
Sword: Aided by the soft pads on its feet, it silently raids the food stores of other Pokémon. It survives off its ill-gotten gains.
Shield: Cunning and cautious, this Pokémon survives by stealing food from others. It erases its tracks with swipes of its tail as it makes off with its plunder.
and/or
Sizzlipede-Centiskorch: It just screams Musashi to me.
or
Snom-Frosmoth: I have a friend that really wants her to have this one and I think it would be good too. There’s also precedence in Dustox.

Scorbunny and it will evolve all the way to Cinderace
Sirfetch’d
?
?
?
?
Obviously he’s going to catch a lot more Pokémon than this from a variety of different places but these are what I can see for his long term team.

I think she’ll stick with Yamper but I could see it evolving. I can also see her catching a Milcery that evolves into an Alcremie and a Galarian Ponyta.

Not sure who Grookey will go to, I can see easily see it going to either Ash or Koharu. I also feel there’s a pretty 50/50 chance of either Ash or Gou catching the Rookiedee line and Dreadnaw.

Last edited:
My predictions so far (these will contain spoilers so tread carefully):
Sobble: This just feels like a very Ash mon plus it already has a story arc in it’s line. I’m not sure if it’s going to evolve all the way though. I could possibly see an arc where as a Drizzle it’s very prideful and doesn’t listen to Ash’s instructions but the two would work it out and it’d be Ash’s ace for this series.
-Clobbopus-Grapploct: I just get Hawlucha vibes from these two.
?
?
?
?
I think we’re also going to see quite a few of his old Pokémon return which could potentially limit how many Galar Pokémon he catches.

Cramorant:
I can already imagine it stuffing Kojiro’s head into it’s mouth whenever it’s released from it’s ball.
Sinistea/Polteageist: I feel like a lot of the Team Rocket fandom have wanted for Kojiro to get this one since Polteageist was revealed and I agree. It’s cute, it’s lovable, it’s fitting for a former aristocrat, and since it’s a ghost inside a teapot, it can still give hugs.

Nickit: It just feels like a very Rockety mon to me. It’s cute, it’s sneaky, and then there’s it’s Pokédex entry;
Sword: Aided by the soft pads on its feet, it silently raids the food stores of other Pokémon. It survives off its ill-gotten gains.
Shield: Cunning and cautious, this Pokémon survives by stealing food from others. It erases its tracks with swipes of its tail as it makes off with its plunder.
Sizzlipede-Centiskorch: It just screams Musashi to me.
Snom-Frosmoth: I have a friend that really wants her to have this one and I think it would be good too. There’s also precedence in Dustox.

Scorbunny and it will evolve all the way to Cinderace
Sirfetch’d
?
?
?
?

I think she’ll stick with Yamper but I could see it evolving. I can also see her catching a Galarian Ponyta and a Milcery that evolves into an Alcremie.

Not sure who Grookey will go to, I can see easily see it going to either Ash or Koharu. I also feel there’s a pretty 50/50 chance of either Ash or Gou catching the Rookiedee line and Dreadnaw.
those rocket mons might give alola a run for their money

I think Ash going to get these Pokemon..

1. sobble ,and it evolve to inteleon ( final form didn't popular so give it to Ash and make it more popular)
  2. rookiedee..
  3. silicobra or rolycoly
  4. snom or fabble
  5. dreepy ( same old story as goodra, weak Pokemon, so need trainer to became stronger)( and eventually released )

Wondering who is going to get egg?

Which Pokemon going to gigantamax for Ash? Maybe new or G-melmetal..

Ash didn't catch single Pokemon in these 9 episodes?

According to our world map, Galar and Kalos are pretty close to each other. Furthermore, we'll get to see Ash visit Kalos itself. Prolly we'll see Ash and Greninja team-up once more, just to watch him say farewell to the ninja for the very last time. No doubt Goodra or Primeape or Naganadel or that stupid pidgeon won't appear in any capacity

If he was going to catch popular non-Gen 8 Pokemon (or at least Pokemon that had potential) like Lucario, then the writers would have him catch them in the past series. At best, he'll catch an older Pokemon that has a Gen 8 variant or evolution.

Ash has never caught any Pokemon out of their respective generation, with Aipom and Gligar being the only exceptions and even that was to portray their Gen 4 evolutions.
This is not like past sagas. This is a world tour where they visit all regions. It wouldn't make sense if Ash exclusively caught Pokemon in Galar.

There's no Galarian Sirfetch'd and I'm pretty sure the game's rules about evolving only in Galar won't apply...

I'm also curious as to why Delia's(?) Mime is in the end credits alongside the main cast... will it be joining Ash and becoming a Mr. Rime down the line? I highly doubt Delia will feature prominently, I mean this is the same lady who didn't even bother to talk to her son after he won a Champion level match and the League.

Who says he needs to catch them exclusively in Galar? They could be everywhere regardless of what the Dexit means for the games. Or do you seriously believe the Galar border patrol memes?
Only Galarian Mr. Mime can become Mr. Rime. Mr. Rime itself is a Pokemon that I can't see Ash using.

The anime hasn't followed game rules to a tee (see Friendship and trade related evolutions), so I can see them playing lose with regional evolutions, given the entire concept of regional evolutions itself is quite flimsy for the games themselves.
It’d have been one thing if it were a Koffing>Galarian Weezing when the base stage itself doesn’t have any regional variant, but it’s pretty much reinforced that only Galarian Mr. Mime can evolve: that’s the entire point of regional evolutions: that the regional forms get special evolutions exclusive to the variant...
It’d be like having a Cascoon evolve into a Beautifly.

Last edited:
The anime hasn't followed game rules to a tee (see Friendship and trade related evolutions), so I can see them playing lose with regional evolutions, given the entire concept of regional evolutions itself is quite flimsy for the games themselves.

tbh, i understand with Friendship or Trade evolutions, since thats a hassle. But there literally is no point in not letting a Galarian Form evolve in Galar.

When it comes to evolution, they've been more consistent with the games of late, Charjabug only evolving in Vast Poni Canyon for example, trade evolutions were featured in XY and Black and White so I'm confident they'll stick to game evolution rules in the anime

Back
Top Bottom