• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

Naganadel being sent away had more to do with it being an Ultra Beast than it knowing thunderbolt...
Yeah plus meltan did use thunderbolt on Kiawe the animators couldn’t be bothered

I believe Team Rocket will look something like:
Jesse: Toxel, or Dreepy
James: Sizzlipede, or Yamask
I see Jessie with impidimp and James with polteageist

New summary for SS006

Gou and Scorbunny make a journey to the Vermilion forest.
He catches lots of Bug-Type Pokémon and he has only one left to complete the Kanto's Bug-Types.
And...

This suggests that Go will be catching the Kanto Bug types, hope Venonat will get some focus on his main team

They probably got them directly (on loan?) from Giovanni as in another picture from this episode they can be seen bowing down to the boss. Although I somehow doubt they will keep them for very long... Also, it bugs me that James isn't the one with Gyarados :(
220px-James_Magikarp.png

They probably got them directly (on loan?) from Giovanni as in another picture from this episode they can be seen bowing down to the boss. Although I somehow doubt they will keep them for very long... Also, it bugs me that James isn't the one with Gyarados :(
220px-James_Magikarp.png
I agree that its a shame Jessie is the one with Gyarados given James's past

If Team Rocket keep them, I hope that this is a sign of them being more serious and competent this series
It also kinda makes sense, given that the first Gyarados James had nearly killed him, so I wouldn't be surprised if he had some sort of trauma that makes him unwilling to have a Gyarados.

It also kinda makes sense, given that the first Gyarados James had nearly killed him, so I wouldn't be surprised if he had some sort of trauma that makes him unwilling to have a Gyarados.
At this point it’s pretty clear James doesn’t getting traumatised by Pokemon nearly killing him on a regular basis.

Not sure why Giovanni would award them with Gyarados and Tyranitar as I doubt Matori or Giovanni would be impressed by their Alolan results
The only interpretation I can come up with that makes any sense is that these Pokemon are on loan in a last chance saloon type situation following which the TRio are in his bad books for the foreseeable.

I'm sort of suspecting Gou is going to get a Scyther due to some of the merchandise we've seen.

I also have a theory about James. Spoilered for gen 8 Pokémon:
Either Cramorant or part of the Hatterene line, due to the running joke of his Pokémon attacking/hurting him.

The only interpretation I can come up with that makes any sense is that these Pokemon are on loan in a last chance saloon type situation following which the TRio are in his bad books for the foreseeable.
I'm leaning towards something like this. I don't expect these two to be permanent. Didn't the voice actors suggest in the interview they're still comedic in this series with the return of old running jokes (and something about them using their own money for their mecha, I thought)?
It'd be weird for comedy villains to have a Tyranitar and a Gyarados, both large and intimidating Pokémon.

Didn't the voice actors suggest in the interview they're still comedic in this series with the return of old running jokes (and something about them using their own money for their mecha, I thought)?
Yeah, and bolded is the reason I'm certain this apparent change in fortunes ain't gonna stick.

I agree that its a shame Jessie is the one with Gyarados given James's past

If Team Rocket keep them, I hope that this is a sign of them being more serious and competent this series
If they get to keep them then Ash has better be given some good captures because it’s ridiculous that Ash isn’t allowed to keep his pseudo legendary yet TR are just handed one despite being clowns who never actually accomplished anything the entire series.

Yeah, and bolded is the reason I'm certain this apparent change in fortunes ain't gonna stick.
In more their descriptions in the Animedia article about the serie are: « Kojiro is with a good personality and often loved excessively by his Pokémon and Musashi the leader of the team among the 3 with a big sister role » this imply a lot the comedic Team Rocket but Tyrannitar and Corviknight are in a battle right next the Team Rocket scene in the opening this imply more than one episode with strongs Pokémon... I’m confuse, I suppose they need strong Pokemon to do a little bit the weight against the gigantamaxing of the Twerp’s Pokemon?

Last edited:
If they get to keep them then Ash has better be given some good captures because it’s ridiculous that Ash isn’t allowed to keep his pseudo legendary yet TR are just handed one despite being clowns who never actually accomplished anything the entire series.
where's that sadness reaction! Oh Goodra, come back!

I’m confuse, I suppose they need strong Pokemon to do a little bit the weight against the gigantamaxing of the Twerp’s Pokemon?
We just have to wait and see what happens tomorrow. I think the chance that they succeed in attaining and keeping pseudos is so low it’s almost negligible though, this isn’t BW (and even in that series they did no such thing!)

However, Episode 7 got confirmed to just be about a battle tournament in the Hoenn region. This means that unless Ash catches either Piplup or Croagunk in Episode 8 then he will go the first 9 episodes with just Pikachu.

However, Episode 7 got confirmed to just be about a battle tournament in the Hoenn region. This means that unless Ash catches either Piplup or Croagunk in Episode 8 then he will go the first 9 episodes with just Pikachu.
He could just use his reserves if it came to that. Of course, with so much focus on Go catching Pokémon, I really have to wonder at what point we’re gonna have Ash catch some Pokémon himself. No offense to Pikachu but Ash having just Pikachu in his team for too long risks becoming boring.

Back
Top Bottom