• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

Once Ash returns to the Alola region with Go, do you think that he and Pikachu will reunite with all his old Alolan Pokémon, including Rowlet, Lycanroc, Incineroar and Melmetal? Or do you think that all Ash's old Alolan Pokémon will be cut in the new series from the anime? Why?

Once Ash returns to the Alola region with Go, do you think that he and Pikachu will reunite with all his old Alolan Pokémon, including Rowlet, Lycanroc, Incineroar and Melmetal? Or do you think that all Ash's old Alolan Pokémon will be cut in the new series from the anime? Why?
I think we will see them. Out of all of ash’s Pokémon, his alolan team has a special place.

It would be so funny if they don't visit Melemele on purpose, just so they don't have too show his Pokemon.
If they do that then they'll outright show the negative direction the series is going to take, not to mention that it'll be pretty inexcusable and pathetic of them for doing so (no, not even the "new fans hurr durr confused huehue" will apply given that SM would be fresh in people's minds).

Last edited:
If they do that then they'll outright show the negative direction the series is going to take, not to mention that it'll be pretty inexcusable and pathetic of them for doing so (no, not even the "new fans hurr durr confused huehue" will apply given that SM would be fresh in people's minds).

True. And it will also crush the we are going to see 'insert Pokemon here' theories, because if they don't show Ash's Pokemon in Alola, i doubt we get his older mons back as well.

Likely. But since Alola was the series the last series focused on, I think it'll be a while before he visits it again?

It would clearly show that they would be trying to avoid any old characters or Pokemon appearing. It's like if Ash went to Lumiose City without ever encountering Clemont or Bonnie.

I know Ash already has one but I can't help but wonder if Ash might catch the Snorlax from SS005 as it can Gigantamax

Oh boy. That's opening a whole can of worms that I'd rather not get into. And I can already hear screeches of "but Ash caught 30 Tauros!"...

Oh gosh not this again. Why would they be cut out of the anime? I know that so far this series hasn't exactly been full of references to past events, but that doesn't mean that Ash's Alola Pokemon will suddenly cease to exist. :confused:

Oh gosh not this again. Why would they be cut out of the anime? I know that so far this series hasn't exactly been full of references to past events, but that doesn't mean that Ash's Alola Pokemon will suddenly cease to exist. :confused:
Right. I've likened that scenario to an episode of the twilight zone where Ash returns to Alola only to find that everyone he knows and loves there has vanished off the face of the earth. Not to mention one of the first visuals we get in episode 2 is a giant Kukui trophy.

I don’t like the idea of Go catching so many Pokémon for 90% to likely do nothing at all...

I don’t like that Team Rocket seem to not be catchy there own Pokémon.

I don’t like that we’ve no indication yet that Ash will catch anything at all.

I don’t like the idea of Go catching so many Pokémon for 90% to likely do nothing at all...

I find this hilarious because there were people in the past who wanted Ash to literally 'catch em all' despite the fact that the exact same thing would've happened if he had gone down that route (i.e. the vast majority of those Pokemon would've been sent off to the peanut gallery and we'd hardly ever see them).

And Ironically that's already the case with Ash's reserve Pokemon since the majority of them have done nothing onscreen since the Sinnoh league, which may I remind y'all was almost 10 years ago.

I find this hilarious because there were people in the past who wanted Ash to literally 'catch em all' despite the fact that the exact same thing would've happened if he had gone down that route (i.e. the vast majority of those Pokemon would've been sent off to the peanut gallery and we'd hardly ever see them).

And Ironically that's already the case with Ash's reserve Pokemon since the majority of them have done nothing onscreen since the Sinnoh league, which may I remind y'all was almost 10 years ago.
If you pay a closer look I assure you the two groups are probably not the same people...

Honestly, I expect no further references to the past of Pokémon and most, if not all captures will go to Gou as well (until the series proofs me otherwise).
Asides from that, I also wouldn't be surprised if Ash and Gou visit Alola and Kukui and co are nowhere to be found or even anyone recognizing Ash, although this sounds incredible retarded to happen.

Honestly, I expect no further references to the past of Pokémon and most, if not all captures will go to Gou as well (until the series proofs me otherwise).
Asides from that, I also wouldn't be surprised if Ash and Gou visit Alola and Kukui and co are nowhere to be found or even anyone recognizing Ash, although this sounds incredible retarded to happen.
I find it extremely doubtful that Gou is the only one catching anything.

Back
Top Bottom