• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

Obviously, but Satoshi's getting them is not prerequisite for that.

Which why I think they'll showcase Galar pokémon through side characters.
I doubt Go’s having a permanent team anyway, and again; if Ash is capturing Pokemon this saga it makes zero sense to leave Galar out and include the other regions.

And there’s a reason the starters are the most promoted Pokemon of any given region.

Read the part of your post I just quoted.
Well, if you’re implying that Pikachu not being a starter got the most promotion (because I can’t fathom what else can be inferred thay contests my statement) it is a starter now, and promoted with, and it’s pretty obvious why the mascot of the franchise would be an exception anyway even if it were not a starter.

Pikachu is starter Pokemon tier (and one itself) for all intents and purposes.

it is a starter now
Doesn't matter. It wasn't a starter back then.
and it’s pretty obvious why the mascot of the franchise would be an exception anyway even if it were not a starter.
So, starters are the most promoted Pokemon of any given region, except when it wasn't the case? And Yamper alreday got more focus than two Galar starters.

So, starters are the most promoted Pokemon of any given region, except when it wasn't the case? And Yamper alreday got more focus than two Galar starters.
Are you seriously asking why a series mascot is an exception to the norm? It isn’t even a complete exception since Bulbasaur, Charmander, Squirtle got focus, and Pokemon Yellow debuted right after, making Pikachu a starter Pokemon during the OS run itself.

And you’re mentioning Galar when it’s on its first series and not even 10 complete episodes have aired? We’re literally talking about Galar so it’s pretty obvious why it isn’t being used as an example.

There’s no clear cut exception to the fact that starter Pokemon usually get the most promotion as of the end of Sun/Moon. We don’t know enough about PM to determine that and Pikachu is the face of Pokemon and got turned into an “official” starter Pokemon within an year of OS release.

Are you seriously asking why a series mascot is an exception to the norm?
No, I'm pointing out a fact that disprove your claim that starters got most screentime. Same is true for Yamper, who's given a tertiary mascot status in the anime opening. It's also not that unusual as you claim that some starters pokémon got less focus compared to other pokémon (Torterra, Popplio, etc.).

Wouldn't mind Ash getting that sad Dragonair from the preview but knowing this show he'll just bond with it and then leave it in the wild. :bulbaFacepalm:

Well as long as Go doesn't catch it, which would start World War 3 around these parts. Tbh I really think that the whole Dratini line is kinda overrated at this point and suffers from overexposure syndrome anyways. :cautious:

Ok guys be honest. Would you be mad if ash actually caught from old regions? Because there are speculations about ash catching a Dragonair. And honestly I don’t think I would like that.

Honestly, why not? As long as they’re properly developed and Ash gets some Galar capture(s) I see no issue with him getting older Pokémon. Dragonair is one of my favourites (not Dragonite, though) and I'd love Ash to catch it, but that probably won’t happen.

Have to say I'm very disappointed with this, was it too hard for one of them to catch a Dratini and raise it to Dragonite

There's no point.

The only reason past generations did this was because it was beneficial to the generation.

Like it would be ridiculous for Ash to straight up catch an Incineroar in place of Litten because it was important for the story that Ash catch Litten.

Why would anyone need to catch a Dratini and evolve it into a Dragonite, when it's NOT an 8th generation Pokemon? Like Go catching Scorbunny instead of Cinderace.

There's no point in showing development of a Dratini a 1st generation Pokemon in 8th generation anime, when there's ultimately no reason to. I mean sure there's marketing reasons, but I honestly don't what the hell those are since those reasons often conflict and contradict each other.

If it goes to Ash, then Ash has an entire generation to make Dragonite one of his strongest Pokemon as it is, instead relying on whether or not the writers will make it stay unevolved and super strong, or have it evolve into an already powerful Pokemon.

If its Go, it just adds to his collection and we move on.

Back
Top Bottom