• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

I think Ash might actually have a team actually featuring different regions for once... but it’s going to be dominated by Kanto. I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s all Gen 1+ Rillaboom/Inteleon.

Ash catching Dragonite is giving me hopes of Ash reuniting with Larvitar and catching it this time.

He doesn't need to catch them. He has three Kanto starters waiting to be used, and only Eevee could rival them in popularity. That said, Mr. Mime should be rotated with reserves from other regions and a Galar capture (preferably a Ghost type).

Wow now I can say that Ash can have any Pokémon and everyone will have doubts.

I will say a list of Pokémon I want him to have:

Marowak
Espeon
Houndoom
Aggron
Metagross
Lucario
Gallade
Karrablast/Accelgor
Mienshao
Zigzagoon

Just because for me this Pokémon can have a unique battle style

Ah and BTW

Stay away out of Pokémon that have been owned by Team Rocket, no Koffings,No Cacneas, Not even Woobats. Those are sacred

Ash catching Dragonite is giving me hopes of Ash reuniting with Larvitar and catching it this time.

How does Ash catching a Dragonite give you hope that Ash would reunite with Larvitar? I'm not seeing any correlation between those scenarios at all; it's like me saying that Ash catching Dragonite gives me hope that Max will return. :X3:

And why does Sour need to remind us of what Ash's 1st captures were in each region when everyone here already knows that and a hundred other trivia facts about Ash's team?

Part of me is worried that Ash only caught Dragonite because there it'll get a G-Max form down the line. But I want to believe otherwise, and past Pokemon are now no longer off the table.

Here are some Pokemon I'd like to see Ash get now
  • Alolan Sandshrew: I always thought that it fit him. Plus, he doesn't have a lot of Steel or Ice types, and he hasn't captured a regional variant yet.
  • Nidoking
  • Rhyhorn
  • Magikarp: I know, we've seen this line a million times. But the whole "weak Pokemon works hard and becomes strong" gimmick suits Ash.
  • Eevee: Go ahead and throw popcorn at me all you want, but Ash should have gotten an Espeon a long time ago.
  • Sableye: It's fun, it's weird, it's full of personality and it's unique enough to stand out from Ash's other Pokemon.
  • Luxray: I know he has Pikachu, but Luxray suits him.
  • Hippopotas: Ya boi.
  • Lillipup: It's a happy little puppy with some cool moves under its belt. It's a Normal type, but anyone who's used one should know how unique they can be.
  • Venipede: It'd be a cool steed when it fully evolves. Imagine riding a horse-sized bug around. Bonus if it's the one he saved from that pipe in Castelia City's sewers.
  • Darmanitan: It's extremely powerful, full of personality and very distinctive. Plus, it has a regional variant to compete with.
  • Zorua: A shillmon that didn't get enough focus, in all honesty.
  • Minccino: This is just me being petty because I like Minccino. It's cute, and it can learn some crazy moves.
  • Reuniclus: It and Dragonite can be hug buddies. Dragonite hugs it too hard and gets covered in slime. Hopefully Mimey will GTFO Ash's team for Roony to shine.
  • Cubchoo: I dunno. I feel like this species would really vibe with Ash.
  • Vivillon: Another long shot, and might be too similar to Butterfree. But it's different enough from his other Bug types, and it could come in a variety of patterns. They could even give it its own, unique pattern. I don't know, I think it would be cool.
  • Phantump: Specifically, that shiny one. Come on, that would be great.
  • Grookey
  • Rookidee: Imagine a darkly mysterious Pokemon like Corviknight, paired up with a happy-go-lucky kid like Ash.
  • Alolan Zigzagoon
  • Toxel
  • Kubfu/Urshifu: He gets the wild one, and Go gets the calm one. It's a legendary, but they could treat it like Meltan and treat it like it's nothing special.

How does Ash catching a Dragonite give you hope that Ash would reunite with Larvitar? I'm not seeing any correlation between those scenarios at all; it's like me saying that Ash catching Dragonite gives me hope that Max will return. :X3:
Since the tradition of not giving Ash past gen pokemon has now been broken it is 'possible' for ash to catch that Larvitar when he visits Jhoto.I didn't say it's a hint or something.It is just possible.

Since the tradition of not giving Ash past gen pokemon has now been broken it is 'possible' for ash to catch that Larvitar when he visits Jhoto.I didn't say it's a hint or something.It is just possible.

I just don't understand why anyone would expect Ash to go back to the exact spot where he left Larvitar with its mom just to separate them again. Ash left Larvitar there for a reason and it'd be kinda hypocritical of him to want split up a family that already went through hell.

I just don't understand why anyone would expect Ash to go back to the exact spot where he left Larvitar with its mom just to separate them again. Ash left Larvitar there for a reason and it'd be kinda hypocritical of him to want split up a family that already went through hell.

And yet it's okay for psychopath Go to blindly catch Pokemon that potentially have families?

Back
Top Bottom