• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

proper fairy type? Zacian or Galarian Rapidash? Hatterene and Grimmsnarl are used by oponets but maybe Grimmsnarl could be taken into consideration? dark and fairy would fit Ash...

Hmmm Dragonite? do they plan to get rid of Ash or what? weird... or maybe future trades? or maybe egg and Galarian form? or something? seperate eolution line in Galar? a Gigantamax Dragonite anyone?
weird... he has already 4 dragons, one from them in a other dimention. Why if he alredy got a better dragon/flying pokemon? why?

Gigantamax would be the only thing worth giving it and him... or he will trade it with the Scorchbunny thats alredy more good with him and pikachu and would fit to Galar team.

Last edited:
Since Ash now has a flying type pokemon I guess the chances of getting Corviknight are low

Last edited:
Ash got 3 flying types in Kalos.

Hawlucha wasn't treated like a Flying type. They even made a big deal about how it COULDN'T fly, it could only glide.

Hawlucha was for all intents and purposes a pure Fighting type. So it was really just 2 and even those 2 were very different.

Since Ash now has a flying type pokemon I guess the chances of getting Corviknight is low

Maybe not.
1- The writers have never really portrayed Dragonite as a Flying type. If anything, they have focused more on it's ability to learn Electric type attacks(almost all of the Dragonite that have appeared in the series have had an electric type move, especially the ones with recurring appearances). I'm not saying that the writers won't change tactics and focus on the Flying aspect this go around; but I'd wager Ash's Dragonite will be more oriented towards attacking from the ground with one of the elemental punches being it's primary attack(my bet would be Fire Punch).

2- The writers don't seem to have any issue with type overlap on Ash's team. Lest we forget the XY series(3 Flying types and 2 Dragon types). Type crossover has become fairly irrelevant to them.
Even if type crossover were a concern; Dragonite and Corviknight have very different coverages and actually provide decent balances for one another(specifically in regards to Fire and Ice).

I'm beginning to think Corviknight isn't an overly likely capture for other reasons(no real focus on Galar being the biggest one so far), but the type issue isn't one of them.

Because it was with Delia. Now it's staying separate from her and is within Ash's reach more easily.
Ash caught mimey so that Delia wouldn’t be all by herself.

I didn't think the odds of him getting one were that high to begin with after the regional bird pattern was broken in Alola.
Not to mention his rowlet still sucks a lot. No amount of cuteness can save it.

Ash also had three Ground types in Sinnoh (Gible, Gliscor and Torterra), and several type overlaps on his Unova team.
Not to mention he had three flying types and two dragons in kalos.

I'm just wanting to know where you got these pictures below from?

EPejqSAWAAUXWya

EPejqzeXUAAFKCN

EPejrNrWkAECMfd

EPejr6xXsAEpltd

Hawlucha wasn't treated like a Flying type. They even made a big deal about how it COULDN'T fly, it could only glide.

Hawlucha was for all intents and purposes a pure Fighting type. So it was really just 2 and even those 2 were very different.
Talonflame and Noivern still make 2. And Corviknight and Dragonite are miles more different than the collection of Ash's Kalos' 3 flying types or 2 dragon types.

What old pokemon of Ash do you guys think have higher chances of joining his party,getting some screentime and having some character development (even evolving) for some episodes in this series?

For me they are all three of his kanto starters Gible and Boldore

What old pokemon of Ash do you guys think have higher chances of joining his party,getting some screentime and having some character development (even evolving) for some episodes in this series?

For me they are all three of his kanto starters Gible and Boldore

Gible.
Garchomp is a popular Pokemon and the Ride Garchomp feels like they were experimenting to see if Garchomp worked with Ash.

I don't like type overlap even though it's happened before so I really hope the writing staff keeps that to a minimum with Ash in this series. That said I think that Ash getting either Eevee or Riolu is becoming more plausible with the new merchandise that's coming out.

Interesting.
Very interesting.
*Charizard and Blastoise but no Venusaur. If they're Ash's though it would make sense since Bulbasaur has a job at Oak's and doesn't want to evolve.
*Gyarados
*Garchomp
*Greninja

It'd be pretty funny if a bunch of Ash's old Pokémon start rapidly evolving like Brock's Zubat.
Still, we have no idea if or how many of these will be new ones caught by Gou or connected to some other character.

Back
Top Bottom