• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

Ash didn't catch Litten until SM021.

And he didn't get Chimchar until DP052

Don't forget Johto. It took 25 episodes for Cyndaquil and 35 episodes for Totodile to be caught.

Yeah, but he always gets at least one of the starters within the first 10 episodes of the new series. Chikorita was the latest capture (10 episode into Johto).

Last edited:
If Ash catches that Drednaw this "could" mean no Sobble for him.Man I really want to see Ash turn this timid cutie into a confident badass
Me too but a lot of people hate inteleon plus sobble is more merchandisable. I think they might give sobble to Koharu so that they can expand her world views and on Pokémon.

Yeah but incineroar is probably the most popular out of the gen 7 starter evolutions.

Nope, its already confirmed Primarina is the most popular fully evolved, followed by Incineroar. However, Rowlet is the most popular Alola Pokemon and as such the most popular starter. Followed by Primarina (3rd popular Alola mon after Mimikyu). Litten is more popular than Incineroar as well, who is not even in the top 10 most popular Alola Pokemon (Only placed 12th).

Last time i checked, Sobble was the most popular base stage in gen 8, while Inteleon was the second most popular fully evolved (After Cinderace, which i don't understand, since Cinderace is not a Pokemon, but a human in a bunny suit). While this doesn't guarantee Sobble for Ash, the chances Ash getting Sobble are higher than him getting Grookey if he gets only one starter.

Last time i checked, Sobble was the most popular base stage in gen 8, while Inteleon was the second most popular fully evolved (After Cinderace, which i don't understand, since Cinderace is not a Pokemon, but a human in a bunny suit). While this doesn't guarantee Sobble for Ash, the chances Ash getting Sobble are higher than him getting Grookey if he gets only one starter.
What's the source? Some poll with a decently large sample size or what you’ve seen individuals say on the Internet?

I'd think that they knew what they were doing when they made Scorbunny the main Galar representative of the series. Even if Ash gets one of the other two (in no way guaranteed despite what you think you're owed), Scorbunny will get more screentime.

I don’t know about the final evolutions but I know of the polls I’ve seen for the base trio, including the ones on our own forums, Sobble tended to be the fan favorite of the three. Scorbunny was pretty close behind though and poor Grookey was the least popular

This and a twitter poll also had Sobble as the most popular at some point.

Back
Top Bottom