• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

Trouble with Go catching so many Pokemon to me is like Ash did in Unova, they don't get so much interaction with their trainer or on-screen (cough Palpitoad cough) and can become easily forgetable

Difference is, this series isn’t even trying to give all of Go’s Pokémon equal screen time where as Black and White sort of tried and failed hard.

Difference is, this series isn’t even trying to give all of Go’s Pokémon equal screen time where as Black and White sort of tried and failed hard.
Which is probably due to the sheer quantity of them that he's catching. They know that many Pokémon couldn't possibly receive equal development, so they leave that only to a chosen few.

Doesn't make it any better, if anything then it downgrades the thrill of seeing a Pokemon getting captured (much less the actual capture itself).
I wasn't defending it. I was just merely stating my theory of what the situation is like it is.

ERRAQ0jXsAAWiqy

This strongly suggests that Ash will be getting two more new Pokemon

I think that Ash catching Riolu would lead to continuity issues. They would have to reference Ash's aura abilitiea, otherwise this saga will be retconned to be in an AU where Ash doesn't have aura.

Given that the merch seems to highlight Alcremie and Morpeko, I could see those becoming proper teammates for Go, instead of just run-of-the-mill captures. Morpeko especially would make sense, given that since D&P, one of Ash's traveling companions has always caught and used the regional Pikaclone.

Given that the merch seems to highlight Alcremie and Morpeko, I could see those becoming proper teammates for Go, instead of just run-of-the-mill captures. Morpeko especially would make sense, given that since D&P, one of Ash's traveling companions has always caught and used the regional Pikaclone.
I think it's more likely that Marnie eventually gets introduced and becomes a recurring character. Yamper kinda already fulfills the "cute Electric Pokemon who isn't Pikachu" role, so Gou catching Morpeko as a proper teammate feels a bit redundant in terms of the main cast, especially once Marnie and her partner Morpeko are introduced.

I think it's more likely that Marnie eventually gets introduced and becomes a recurring character. Yamper kinda already fulfills the "cute Electric Pokemon who isn't Pikachu" role, so Gou catching Morpeko as a proper teammate feels a bit redundant in terms of the main cast, especially once Marnie and her partner Morpeko are introduced.
No Marnie merch has appeared alongside the Morpeko merch, so I don't think she'll be joining the main cast.

Once Ash and Go travels into the Alola region, only for Go's first time visit there, I would think that Ash will have expressed his concern as he has learned from Professor Kukui that all Ash's Alolan party that he has left at Professor Kukui's home, including Rowlet, Lycanroc, Incineroar and Melmetal, have all already decided to fade away from the sight into order to teleport themselves and then vacate to live into mentioned alternate dimension for their new Pokémon homeworld for all eternity, no longer making their comeback because of unknown reason, even though they all have been replaced by Ash's new replacement Meltan that he will have obtain in the wild. That's all.

Dude I'm convinced that you're trolling now because you've said absurd things like this about Ash's Pokemon dying or going to different dimensions or getting Thanos'd more times than I can count despite how many times people tell you that these scenarios are never going to happen.

I'm all for speculation but at least be reasonable instead of telling us these fever dreams that aren't logical whatsoever. All you do is apologize and then repeat yourself a few weeks later. Please just stop purposely baiting us.

I mean I agree that Marnie should be a recurring character and will most likely own Morpeko if/when she does appear but I disagree about Yamper being a substitute for Morpeko. As cute as it is it's still not the equivalent of Pikachu in this generation.

Hey, guys. Jessie and James had let Arbok and Weezing go in farewell to them, and they had ordered that Arbok and Weezing left with a group of Ekans and Koffing that had managed to escape from the poaching by Pokémon poacher Rico. So, do you guys think that Jessie and James's formerly owned Arbok and Weezing and a group of escaping Ekans and Koffing had faded away from the sight?

Back
Top Bottom