• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

Hey, guys. Jessie and James had let Arbok and Weezing go in farewell to them, and they had ordered that Arbok and Weezing left with a group of Ekans and Koffing that had managed to escape from the poaching by Pokémon poacher Rico. So, do you guys think that Jessie and James's formerly owned Arbok and Weezing and a group of escaping Ekans and Koffing had faded away from the sight?

They technically 'faded away from the sight' the moment they were released into the wild. We're probably never going to see them again anyways so why even ask? Or do you specifically want to see their dead corpses so that it'll finally confirm one of your 'X Pokemon is dead' theories?

With Darmanitan and oversized Golurk under his asset now, Maybe Gou will have a chance at Gengar.
I really hope that won't be the case though.
I was already salty enough from his Golurk capture.

ash use pikachu to battle the giant pokemon in the raid but piachu lost with single attack i cant belive
That Golurk was too tanky. Pikachu's only available move against it was Iron Tail (A Physical non-STAB move). And even then, Pikachu made that Golurk kneel while Gou and the 3 COTD weren't able to.

That Golurk was too tanky. Pikachu's only available move against it was Iron Tail (A Physical non-STAB move). And even then, Pikachu made that Golurk kneel while Gou and the 3 COTD weren't able to.
but it lost with one attack

Ash and Pikachu were the ones who put in the most effort of damaging it and actually made an attempt to capture it, which is why Yamper somehow managed to one shot it. I did state in the review that I'd rather Koharu catch the Gengar but when you look back at it (and when you take the next episode's summary into account being an Ash focused episode), Ash might be the one who strikes up a friendship with Gengar and eventually catches it. Not to mention, Koharu didn't even have the slightest bit of interaction outside of being ambushed by Gengar followed by the mentioned one-shot (that moment was more about Koharu and Yamper than Gengar). Besides, if Koharu needs a catch, she also needs a goal or motive which she lacks at the moment.
If Ash strikes a friendship with Gengar, so be it. As far as we know, he's just going to get trolled.

It doesn't matter who put in the most damage. For Ash it was just another battle, while for Koharu it was her first one. And no, she doesn't need to pick a goal before catching her first Pokemon.

The summary says they will definitely catch Gengar this time makes me think the boys are going to get trolled again.

If Gengar strikes up a primary friendship with Ash, it would be weird for it to join anyone other than Ash (unless it shows a change in desire like Aipom/Buizel later on).

It does matter because it's not right to say Koharu/Yamper 'defeated' Gengar, when the only reason they managed to do so was because Ash and Pikachu did most of the heavy lifting. You're right about the latter but as of now, I don't see how Gengar can really help her especially when the 16th episode states Gengar's connection with Ash. So far, there's nothing to connect Koharu with the purple menace.
Hopefully for Ash
What’s the next region to explored afther Unova

If Gengar strikes up a primary friendship with Ash, it would be weird for it to join anyone other than Ash (unless it shows a change in desire like Aipom/Buizel later on).

It does matter because it's not right to say Koharu/Yamper 'defeated' Gengar, when the only reason they managed to do so was because Ash and Pikachu did most of the heavy lifting. You're right about the latter but as of now, I don't see how Gengar can really help her especially when the 16th episode states Gengar's connection with Ash. So far, there's nothing to connect Koharu with the purple menace.
It seems like just another episode about wreaking havoc to me; I don't know why Gengar would curse Ash and then bond with it. I agree that whoever befriends Gengar will get to keep it, but we don't know who that is yet. Gengar could easily get another episode because right now it's a bigger villain than Team Rocket, and for all we know that will always be its role.

What’s the next region to explored afther Unova
Unknown. Probably Kalos, but who knows.

How powerful is Ash Dragonite compared to Pikachu? like powerful or very powerful or extremely powerful but how to determined powerful in the series?
Ash Gengina is super powerful :)
Same with inceraroar and Lycanroc and metal guy pokemon

I dunno? For the same reason Bayleef tackled Ash? Gible, Totodil, Turtwig etc. biting his head? Even if Gengar has malicious or mischievous intentions instead of friendly ones, Ash is the only one on the cast that can match its fiery spirit and temper him. That factor is something that Koharu is very much incapable of at the moment (though my opinion might change after the 16th episode and if there's another Koharu episode soon).

Dragonite managed to go toe-to-toe with Golurk in this episode and suffice to say, it could manage to defeat the Golurk without help from Gou's cheaply caught Darmanitan. And no, we won't talk about what happened to Pikachu in the latest episode because it looks like a very cheap writing cop-out just like the Ground type issue.
What u mean cheap out fights
Also what about powerful of ash Pokémon I was asking

Back
Top Bottom