• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

“Clever ways” don’t guarantee a win. Cynthia curbstomped Paul’s entire team. Even Rowlet winning against Decidueye was basically illegal uses of substitute and rest.

Even plot armour won’t make Rowlet win against Cynthia’s Garchomp. I’m guessing the only Pokemon who even have a chance of battling it toe to toe would be Charizard, Sceptile, Infernape, Greninja, Incineroar and maybe Krookodile/Naganadel.

And if we’re considering only unevolved Pokemon, Bulbasaur and Gible might weaken it significantly (Gible’s Draco Meteor was capable of knocking out/damaging Tobias’ Darkrai significantly.

Pikachu if sprinklers or a water body are present to use plot armour.

“Clever ways” don’t guarantee a win. Cynthia curbstomped Paul’s entire team. Even Rowlet winning against Decidueye was basically illegal uses of substitute and rest.

Even plot armour won’t make Rowlet win against Cynthia’s Garchomp. I’m guessing the only Pokemon who even have a chance of battling it toe to toe would be Charizard, Sceptile, Infernape, Greninja, Incineroar and maybe Krookodile/Naganadel.

And if we’re considering only unevolved Pokemon, Bulbasaur and Gible might weaken it significantly (Gible’s Draco Meteor was capable of knocking out/damaging Tobias’ Darkrai significantly.

Pikachu if sprinklers or a water body are present to use plot armour.
So the Pokémon you listed that could be beat Cythina seems likey to be Ash powerhouse Pokémon but if that’s true why isn’t written on the Pokémon bulb for personality also Greninga

So the Pokémon you listed that could be beat Cythina seems likey to be Ash powerhouse Pokémon but if that’s true why isn’t written on the Pokémon bulb for personality also Greninga
Being able to defeat someone isn’t a personality trait.
If you were to write about the personality of a person you would not list all the people he/she can win against in a 1 vs 1 fight.

So basically it’s up to Lycanrock and Inceraor to keep the title of champion not really the others
I’m curious do Pokémon really get stronger when they defeat opponents

like let’s say ash Rowlet vs Cythina Garmchomp
Ash find clever ways to defeat Garmchomp took long time but it work to win
Does that mean Rowlet power gain munch higher after winning like Rowlet now gotten strength to equal of Cythina Garmchomp

Well for starters this scenario would never work unless the episode writer is someone like Fujisaku or whatever his name was. Second of all even if Rowlet won with all his plot armor on and deus ex machina tank full, it wouldn't suddenly elevate him as a battler because the same strategy that he'd use to beat Garchomp wouldn't necessarily work on his other opponents. Btw there's only one M in Garchomp.

Also since this topic was brought up, I gotta rant about something. I hate when a Pokemon that's generally regarded as weak or average at most lands a good sized hit on a much stronger opponent, and then fans of the underdog Pokemon get all excited and act like it was proof that the weaker Pokemon could've taken down the stronger one under different circumstances. It doesn't make sense to me; it's like if I went up to The Rock or some other muscular guy and punched him while he's distracted or defenseless. Just because I might land a hit doesn't mean that I'd be able to take that person down in a real fight. Yet this is how some fans think when it comes to certain Pokemon.

Being able to defeat someone isn’t a personality trait.
If you were to write about the personality of a person you would not list all the people he/she can win against in a 1 vs 1 fight.
but the pokemon you listed proven to have enough power and speed as the powerhouse
Ash Krooakidle had enough power to fight iris Dragonite, stephan swak and ice gym leader ice bear pokemon
Ash sceptile as treeko had the best determination when it battle so munch against second gym leader and was able to fight Brandon regirock and Tobias darkrai

Last edited:
but the pokemon you listed proven to have enough power and speed as the powerhouse
Ash Krooakidle had enough power to fight iris Dragonite, stephan swak and ice gym leader ice bear pokemon
Ash sceptile as treeko had the best determination when it battle so munch against second gym leader and was able to fight Brandon regirock and Tobias darkrai

Don't forget Leavanny fought Sawk before Krookodile came into play, else Krook would have lost.

Since someone mentioned Cynthia's Garchomp I was wondering does anyone think that Ash could beat Cynthia if he were to use his current team (Pikachu, Dragonite and Gengar and Mr. Mime if he counts)?

A poster of Ash & Gou from Animage April Issue.
Ash is eating a Pikachu candy while Gou is eating a Raboot candy.

ESr-1jvXgAEYN3d.jpg

A poster of Ash & Gou from Animage April Issue.
Ash is eating a Pikachu candy while Gou is eating a Raboot candy.

ESr-1jvXgAEYN3d.jpg

I mean, that's cute and all and makes me want to write Ash x Go shipping fanfiction but what exactly is this meant to prove that we didn't already know?

I'm now absolutely sure that Ash will have an all-Kanto team.

I don't know that there's enough of a pattern to say that Ash i going " all Kanto". There's just as much evidence to suggest that the theme for Ash is a "fully evolved/powerhouse" type of team. And I lean more towards that theory given all of the hints at Riolu/Lucario. It makes it really difficult to make any kind of predictions for his final team, but I just don't think there's a fully established pattern just yet.

It feels so weird to see the other 2 Galar starters in so many merchandises despite not being in the show.
The other 2 starters being as common as Scorbunny in merchandises is normal; at the end of the day, all 3 of them are still iconic starters from the newest games, regardless of their roles in the anime. The absence of 2 of the starters in the show is what's weird.

As the speculation is that Ash gets every Pokemon the Kanto E4 has as their ace, do you people think he might get Pokemon aces from other regions E4 members. If so, which Pokemon do you think they will see as aces and if there is a difference between teams in games, which Ace do you think they will choose.
For Johto, his mons then will be Xatu (Will), Crobat (Unless they choose Muk for Koga, since Ash already has one), Machamp (Bruno) and Houndoom (Unless they opt to go with Gengar, for convinience - Karen).
For Hoenn it would mean: Absol (Sidney), Dusclops (Phoebe, or Dusknoir if they go with ORAS), Walrein (They can go for Glalie as well, same reasoning as with Muk for Glacia) and Salamence (Drake). Then obviously also Metagross for Steven (Don't think they go for Wallace as Steven is the latest champion in the anime)
Sinnoh is kinda complicated, since the teams differ between DP and Platinum. Aarons ace is Drapion, but he also has a Heracross, which they can choose to use. Bertha's ace is Golem, which is a gen 1 Pokemon. However, in Platinum, she also has Gliscor. Flint has Infernape, is kinda obvious if they want to use that one. However, he also has Houndoom (Which ties back to Karen if Ash gets Houndoom, so thats killing 2 mons with one Pokeball) and a Magmortar (Which ties in with the ending, where a Magmar is shown as a potential capture for Ash). And then there is Cynthia, who has Garchomp as her ace (Ash has Gible), but also Lucario (If Ash gets one, this is his Pokemon for Cynthia).
In Unova, it also depends on which team they wanna go with (BW or BW2). However, Chandelure is Chauntals ace across the board, but same reasoning as with Karen - she also has a Gengar (And Golurk is already taken). Marshal has Conkeldurr as his ace, however in BW2, he also has Lucario and Machamp, so they might go with that. Grimsley might be the most complicated of all though, since he has 2 Pokemon Ash also owns (Krookodile and Scrafty) and 2 Pokemon Ash potentially can have based on speculation and previous experience if Gengar is an indication (Drapion and Tyranitar), while his ace is Bisharp (Won't mind them going with my favorite gen 5 Pokemon). Caitlins ace is Gothorita (Personally, i don't see Ash getting it), but also Metagross and Alakazam (Which is a gen 1 Pokemon, so they might go with that). Then we also have Alder (His Signature Pokemon in the anime is Bouffalant, so they go likely with Bouffalant as his Ace as well in the anime). I can see Ash getting one, which develops a rivalry or romantic interest in Tauros depending on the gender.
Kalos is easy in comparison Talonflame (Malva) and Noivern (Drasna) are already owned by Ash. Then we have Aegislash (Which Ash can get - Wikstrom) and Barbaracle (Siebold - which i don't see Ash getting, but they can go with Starmie or Gyarados instead, with Starmie being the most likely cuz Gyarados is Misty's ace).
Alola also depends on the games. Do they go with SuMo or USUM. USUM is easier for them if they go the above route: Molayne has Metagross and Bisharp, Olivia has Lycanroc and Gigalith (Ash owns both 2 lines), Kahili has Hawlucha, but also a Braviary (Which Alder also owns). I don't think Acerola becomes E4 member in the anime, which means Nanu will most likely take her spot (Krookodile). Ash is the Champion himself
Galar has no E4, so lets see Leon: Charizard (Ash already has one), Aegislash (Ash can get one - Wikstrom) and Seismitoad (Ash already owns Palpitoad) if they go this route.

As the speculation is that Ash gets every Pokemon the Kanto E4 has as their ace, do you people think he might get Pokemon aces from other regions E4 members. If so, which Pokemon do you think they will see as aces and if there is a difference between teams in games, which Ace do you think they will choose.
For Johto, his mons then will be Xatu (Will), Crobat (Unless they choose Muk for Koga, since Ash already has one), Machamp (Bruno) and Houndoom (Unless they opt to go with Gengar, for convinience - Karen).
For Hoenn it would mean: Absol (Sidney), Dusclops (Phoebe, or Dusknoir if they go with ORAS), Walrein (They can go for Glalie as well, same reasoning as with Muk for Glacia) and Salamence (Drake). Then obviously also Metagross for Steven (Don't think they go for Wallace as Steven is the latest champion in the anime)
Sinnoh is kinda complicated, since the teams differ between DP and Platinum. Aarons ace is Drapion, but he also has a Heracross, which they can choose to use. Bertha's ace is Golem, which is a gen 1 Pokemon. However, in Platinum, she also has Gliscor. Flint has Infernape, is kinda obvious if they want to use that one. However, he also has Houndoom (Which ties back to Karen if Ash gets Houndoom, so thats killing 2 mons with one Pokeball) and a Magmortar (Which ties in with the ending, where a Magmar is shown as a potential capture for Ash). And then there is Cynthia, who has Garchomp as her ace (Ash has Gible), but also Lucario (If Ash gets one, this is his Pokemon for Cynthia).
In Unova, it also depends on which team they wanna go with (BW or BW2). However, Chandelure is Chauntals ace across the board, but same reasoning as with Karen - she also has a Gengar (And Golurk is already taken). Marshal has Conkeldurr as his ace, however in BW2, he also has Lucario and Machamp, so they might go with that. Grimsley might be the most complicated of all though, since he has 2 Pokemon Ash also owns (Krookodile and Scrafty) and 2 Pokemon Ash potentially can have based on speculation and previous experience if Gengar is an indication (Drapion and Tyranitar), while his ace is Bisharp (Won't mind them going with my favorite gen 5 Pokemon). Caitlins ace is Gothorita (Personally, i don't see Ash getting it), but also Metagross and Alakazam (Which is a gen 1 Pokemon, so they might go with that). Then we also have Alder (His Signature Pokemon in the anime is Bouffalant, so they go likely with Bouffalant as his Ace as well in the anime). I can see Ash getting one, which develops a rivalry or romantic interest in Tauros depending on the gender.
Kalos is easy in comparison Talonflame (Malva) and Noivern (Drasna) are already owned by Ash. Then we have Aegislash (Which Ash can get - Wikstrom) and Barbaracle (Siebold - which i don't see Ash getting, but they can go with Starmie or Gyarados instead, with Starmie being the most likely cuz Gyarados is Misty's ace).
Alola also depends on the games. Do they go with SuMo or USUM. USUM is easier for them if they go the above route: Molayne has Metagross and Bisharp, Olivia has Lycanroc and Gigalith (Ash owns both 2 lines), Kahili has Hawlucha, but also a Braviary (Which Alder also owns). I don't think Acerola becomes E4 member in the anime, which means Nanu will most likely take her spot (Krookodile). Ash is the Champion himself
Galar has no E4, so lets see Leon: Charizard (Ash already has one), Aegislash (Ash can get one - Wikstrom) and Seismitoad (Ash already owns Palpitoad) if they go this route.
Very nice idea

Back
Top Bottom