• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

Considering every egg has the color scheme of which Pokemon is inside it, we obviously can outrule, Munchlax (Ash already has Snorlax), Grookey and Tyrogue (Scraggys egg is an indication, since they have a similair colorscheme)
Based on the colorscheme, i am gonna say Sobble, since the color of the egg is white with blue, which 100% matches Sobbles color scheme. I also doubt they potentially tease Sobble and Grookey if it isn't one of the starters honestly.

View attachment 131897

Noibats egg was not white, but matches Noibats color. Scraggy's egg wasn't white either.
Imo, Riolu's egg would be primary blue with black coloring on it (Or Black with Blue coloring).

And those are only 2 examples. We have seen it in the anime time and time again that a Pokemon egg matches the Pokemon inside, that was already a thing since the start, with Togepi and Phanpy (Phanpy egg was light blue, matching its color scheme)

Another thing i want to point out: Tyrogue, Riolu, Munchlax, Grookey and Sobble can all be obtained in the Galar Region, so its extremely likely the baby episode is gonna be featured in Galar, making it even more likely the egg is Sobbles, since they can just travel to Sinnoh and then give Ash Riolu.
Given the Pokémon GO references this series has already featured aplenty, I think it's pretty safe to say this time the Egg's design is based on that from GO.

It would make for Ash to get a baby Pokémon by it hatching from an Egg.

Considering every egg has the color scheme of which Pokemon is inside it, we obviously can outrule, Munchlax (Ash already has Snorlax), Grookey and Tyrogue (Scraggys egg is an indication, since they have a similair colorscheme)
Based on the colorscheme, i am gonna say Sobble, since the color of the egg is white with blue, which 100% matches Sobbles color scheme. I also doubt they potentially tease Sobble and Grookey if it isn't one of the starters honestly.

View attachment 131897

Noibats egg was not white, but matches Noibats color. Scraggy's egg wasn't white either.
Imo, Riolu's egg would be primary blue with black coloring on it (Or Black with Blue coloring).

And those are only 2 examples. We have seen it in the anime time and time again that a Pokemon egg matches the Pokemon inside, that was already a thing since the start, with Togepi and Phanpy (Phanpy egg was light blue, matching its color scheme)

Another thing i want to point out: Tyrogue, Riolu, Munchlax, Grookey and Sobble can all be obtained in the Galar Region, so its extremely likely the baby episode is gonna be featured in Galar, making it even more likely the egg is Sobbles, since they can just travel to Sinnoh and then give Ash Riolu.
The problem is that the design inspiration is from Pokemon Go; where the egg colour isn’t indicative of species.

Here's further evidence: the Pokémon GO Egg designs were actually already briefly shown in episode 2.

EUGRA3aWoAAudXi

Also looks like Mimey isn't part of Ash's official party after all?
They totally ignore him now. French, German and Chinese wikis don't even list Mimey as on Ash's current party by the way, and I would also prefer to assume Mimey was one time trick given the last evidence of an official source listing it out.

Edit: Neither does Japanese wiki.

Last edited:
I kinda hoped we'd get Ash's next Captures and Riolu later but it's fine. But man, these next 3 weeks are gonna be hard for me, being the only who is not that hyped, since this is just turning out to be a fanfiction at this point. Not to mention we have an Eevee also joining someone in the cast. Eevee and Lucario are already the most shilled Pokémon. But anyway this should be expected since this series is All-Regions. Just wish they could give Galar some love. But I'll be even more disappointed if Riolu immediately evolves sooner to Lucario. Riolu has only had brief appearances in the Anime.

I kinda hoped we'd get Ash's next Captures and Riolu later but it's fine. But man, these next 3 weeks are gonna be hard for me, being the only who is not that hyped, since this is just turning out to be a fanfiction at this point. Not to mention we have an Eevee also joining someone in the cast. Eevee and Lucario are already the most shilled Pokémon. But anyway this should be expected since this series is All-Regions. Just wish they could give Galar some love. But I'll be even more disappointed if Riolu immediately evolves sooner to Lucario. Riolu has only had brief appearances in the Anime.
I think that it will be Gou who gets Eevee.

Back
Top Bottom