• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

He might have an all Kanto team with his only later introduced Pokemon being Lucario.
I’m pretty sure it won’t happen, specially since Mimey isn’t an official member and Sobble is now a possibility. My earlier prediction of Ash having half Kanto/half other regions team is becoming more and more likely.

I think that Gou will get Sobble instead, along with Grookey.
Differing opinions I guess. I don’t think Go will get a permanent team, besides, they've already teased Sobble or Grookey for Ash by listing it as a legit possibility.

The all Kanto thing will be already debunked in a few episodes when Riolu hatches.

Differing opinions I guess. I don’t think Go will get a permanent team, besides, they've already teased Sobble or Grookey for Ash by listing it as a legit possibility.

The all Kanto thing will be already debunked in a few episodes when Riolu hatches.

True. And i think Sobble is the more likely candidate than Grookey anyways, since Sobble has always been more popular than Grookey, even before the Pokemon of the Year poll.

My personal opinion is Ash should never catch galar stater in this series. Because he already got so many starters. Grookey design is not suitable for ash ( carrying big drum for every battle) and sobble, a spy theme Pokemon ( and its stupid G- max design). Ash already have similar Pokemon Greninja (ninja Pokemon). I hope it will return in Kalos trip, especially during battle with mega Pokemon...

Instead of getting new Pokemon , he may use his old Pokemon
My wish is Ash getting golden riolu instead of normal one.. but it won't happen.

My personal opinion is Ash should never catch galar stater in this series. Because he already got so many starters. Grookey design is not suitable for ash ( carrying big drum for every battle) and sobble, a spy theme Pokemon ( and its stupid G- max design). Ash already have similar Pokemon Greninja (ninja Pokemon). I hope it will return in Kalos trip, especially during battle with mega Pokemon...
Ash has always owned a starter. So it's very likely he'll catch at least one of them, possibly both. And even in the unlikely event that Greninja comes back, it won't be permanently.

Because he already got so many starters.
And he has "too many birds" but caught one every season till Sun/Moon. They’re given to him since they’re the front and centre of the marketing of a generation, a starter is the icon for a generation.
Grookey design is not suitable for ash ( carrying big drum for every battle)
1585399100377.jpeg

Ash does get bulky Pokémon (he got a Melmetal), and Rillaboom carries its drum in its hair, so it’s no different to another bulky Pokémon.
sobble, a spy theme Pokemon ( and its stupid G- max design). Ash already have similar Pokemon Greninja (ninja Pokemon).
1. "Stupid" isn’t objective. I think G-Max Pikachu is stupid but Ash has it.
2. And "similar" is also subjective, Inteleon is a spy and Greninja is... a ninja. A spy isn’t a ninja. The writers may consider them different enough- Ash has Pokemon that many people consider "similar"- the fire starters, regional birds (including 3 flying and 2 dragon types in Kalos).

And he has "too many birds" but caught one every season till Sun/Moon. They’re given to him since they’re the front and centre of the marketing of a generation, a starter is the icon for a generation.

View attachment 131912
Ash does get bulky Pokémon (he got a Melmetal), and Rillaboom carries its drum in its hair, so it’s no different to another bulky Pokémon.

1. "Stupid" isn’t objective. I think G-Max Pikachu is stupid but Ash has it.
2. And "similar" is also subjective, Inteleon is a spy and Greninja is... a ninja. A spy isn’t a ninja. The writers may consider them different enough- Ash has Pokemon that many people consider "similar"- the fire starters, regional birds (including 3 flying and 2 dragon types in Kalos).

1) he broke the continue of getting regional bird in S&M, so he could avoid getting staters from now on..
2) rillaboom carrying drum (like extra luggage) but not torterra.( It's my opinion).
3) spy and ninja both are not same but both are similar in some situation like hiding and attacking..
4) other galar starter G-max have big drum and gigantic fire ball, but inteleon only have water riffle. That's why I said. G-max Pikachu is cute and chubby too.

1) he broke the continue of getting regional bird in S&M, so he could avoid getting staters from now on..
2) rillaboom carrying drum (like extra luggage) but not torterra.( It's my opinion).
3) spy and ninja both are not same but both are similar in some situation like hiding and attacking..
4) other galar starter G-max have big drum and gigantic fire ball, but inteleon only have water riffle. That's why I said. G-max Pikachu is cute and chubby too.
1) He still got a bird Pokémon. It just that Alola's Grass starter happened to be a bird too, so it fulfilled two roles in his team at once.
2) Both are bulky Grass starters. Not overly dissimilar.
3) They're both sleek and fast Water starters.
4) But it causes a massive impact when it hits. And it's not guaranteed that Ash's Galar starters, if he ever catches them, will have Gigantamax factor in the first place.

The drum is not always carried. Rillaboom stores it in its hair where it isn’t that visible, no different to another Pokemon carrying additional bulk.

Inteleon’s Gigantamax has got the most attention out of them all though, enough to sprout a bunch of memes, and again, I could say Rillaboon got a drum, Inteleon got an entire sniper tower but Cinderace just got a big ball so it’s the worst. It can be said for any starter.

Our opinions don’t decide what the writers do, in my opinion G-Max pikachu is too obese and unwieldy but it’s still featured.

And again, Ash gets a lot of sleek and fast Pokemon so the writers clearly don’t mind them.

tbh, i think Ash should get a pure Normal type again, since he is long overdue for one (Snorlax and Tauros didn't disappoint when they were used). I prefer Stoutland for that role, since its so underrated. Greedent isn't bad either, but considering Go already has a Skwovet, i don't see Ash and Go sharing mons on the main cast at the same time.

tbh, i think Ash should get a pure Normal type again, since he is long overdue for one (Snorlax and Tauros didn't disappoint when they were used). I prefer Stoutland for that role, since its so underrated. Greedent isn't bad either, but considering Go already has a Skwovet, i don't see Ash and Go sharing mons on the main cast at the same time.

Normal types are so boring though. They're vanilla where as most of us prefer chocolate, strawberry or pistachio. Even the writers seem to agree since they haven't had Ash catch a pure Normal Pokemon since... Aipom? And look how that turned out.

Normal types are so boring though. They're vanilla where as most of us prefer chocolate, strawberry or pistachio. Even the writers seem to agree since they haven't had Ash catch a pure Normal Pokemon since... Aipom? And look how that turned out.

The problem is that every other type Ash has also feels boring now, especially if he has multiple of them. Bug, Rock, Dragon , Ice, Poison and Ghost are still okay, but the rest is extremely boring.

Thanks to the new series not being Galar focused that trend might change and I sincerely hope it will, 'cause at this point it's ridiculous how many starters and regional birds he has caught.

I'm surprised so many people want Ash to catch the most predictable Galar Pokémon like Grookey, Sobble or Rookidee line.

I'm surprised so many people want Ash to catch the most predictable Galar Pokémon like Grookey, Sobble or Rookidee line.

I mean some of us really like Grookey/Sobble so we'd want them in the cast not because they're predictable per se, but because they're some of the most desirable Gen 8 Pokemon.

I mean some of us really like Grookey/Sobble so we'd want them in the cast not because they're predictable per se, but because they're some of the most desirable Gen 8 Pokemon.
To add on not every fire/water/grass type is the same. Ash's Froakie is the polar opposite of what Sobble most likely would be, for instance.

Back
Top Bottom