• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

Gou's Raboot has become more eager to fight. In episode 19, it rushed to fight by itself since it could not wait for Gou's order. I hope this won't develop into something serious.

Last edited:
Gou's Raboot has become more eager to fight. In episode 19, it rushed to fight by itself since it could not wait for Gou's order. I hope this won't develop into something serious.
I don't think that this would mean that Gou would have to give Raboot away to Ash just to satisfy it's desire to battle.

I don't think that this would mean that Gou would have to give Raboot away to Ash just to satisfy it's desire to battle.
I didn't say anything about that though. Did I say something like "Raboot will go to Ash"?

Looks like Ash finally is gonna get the Lucario people have wanted him to have for so long. I really hope we get to spend a good amount of time with it though as a Riolu. Riolu is among the cutest Pokemon out there, so I hope we get to see Riolu for a decent amount of time.

Whilst I've always wanted Ash to get a Lucario, I have to say I feel they left it too late

Two of the best times Ash could have gotten Lucario was either in Sinnoh or Kalos, it just feels a bit random now of all times

If Ash does indeed get a starter, it will probably never evolve or evolve very late into the Series. Most likely because of how delayed Sobble & Grookey will debut. I remember in the past there used to be this debate among fans on how to balance the three starters screentime even if one gets more over the other ex: Greninja. Which is why plenty of fans prefered the method of AG & XY by giving out three starters to three companions. However it's pretty much confirmed the Scorbunny Line is the one that will have the most this Generation regardless of anything.

If Ash does indeed get a starter, it will probably never evolve or evolve very late into the Series. Most likely because of how delayed Sobble & Grookey will debut.
Logic probably dictates that the opposite be true to showcase the fully evolved forms.
This line of logic has already been thrown out with Scorbunny being the fastest evolving starter on the main cast, so all "patterns" and "balancing" mean nothing now.

Logic probably dictates that the opposite be true to showcase the fully evolved forms.
This line of logic has already been thrown out with Scorbunny being the fastest evolving starter on the main cast, so all "patterns" and "balancing" mean nothing now.
As shown by BW, they can easily have rivals showcase the fully evolved starters.

I expect Ash is gonna have a fully evolved party (sans Pikachu) by the end like in XY, including whichever starter he (probably) gets; they've been having him capture fully evolved things, we've seen enough Lucario that I think Riolu is going to evolve fast, too, and the World Championship should have a very high level of competition.

I expect Ash is gonna have a fully evolved party (sans Pikachu) by the end like in XY, including whichever starter he (probably) gets; they've been having him capture fully evolved things, we've seen enough Lucario that I think Riolu is going to evolve fast, too, and the World Championship should have a very high level of competition.
So much potential to evolve those damn reserves. Looking at you gible... and buizel... and quilava... and totodile... oh so many of them... like so so many!

Apparently, there's a leak/rumor going around that Ash will receive the Egg from Cynthia.
If this turns out to be true, I honestly wouldn't be surprised. Lucario is a Sinnoh Pokémon, and Cynthia has one in the games too, so it wouldn't be a stretch if she had one in the anime and it produced an Egg.

I don't know if they would bring Cynthia back just so that she could give Ash a Riolu egg.

Yeah I mean it'd be cool foreshadowing for a future Ash versus Cynthia match if she meets up with him now and gives him an egg containing a Pokemon that he might use against her later... but at the same time any Cotd could hand Ash the egg in her place.

Back
Top Bottom