• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

Some merch has hinted at new captures. We've had hundreds of Pokemon show up on merch these past few months and only a minority of them have been caught.
Still if all of the captures have been foreshadowed with merchandise that means its a trustworthy source to speculate from. If Tyranitar keeps appearing there is a good shot someone is getting it

Next episode looks interesting
Gou pokemon all fighting each other for some reason and Titan Pokémon on berserk

it’s not just that they share a type, Riolu and Kubfu are practically the same Pokémon... it’s be like Ash having Chimchar and Pansear on his team at one time.
Practically the same Pokémon? Apart from the shared fighting type I don’t see a resemblance. They’re about as similar has Hawlucha and Noivern. Riolu's personality too is drastically different.
The comparison you use is also wrong since: Chinchar and Panesar use similar animal inspirations, which is not true for Kubfu and Riolu. They’re also drastically different in colour palettes.

And the anime has recently tried to be more true to the games with regards to the feats the player can achieve. They emulated Ash being the first Alolan champion and the first official UB the USUM character actually gets to own is a... Poipole. (Via gift, I mean the storyline).

For sword and shield they’ve emulated the PC trying to defeat Leon, albeit in a slightly different manner. So I think they may introduce a Kubfu to the main cast. Now if it would be temporary or permanent that I don’t have an idea of, but that doesn’t matter much anyway apart from pedantic purposes.

Practically the same Pokémon? Apart from the shared fighting type I don’t see a resemblance. They’re about as similar has Hawlucha and Noivern. Riolu's personality too is drastically different.
The comparison you use is also wrong since: Chinchar and Panesar use similar animal inspirations, which is not true for Kubfu and Riolu. They’re also drastically different in colour palettes.
He was talking about their personalities, which are completely identical.

He was talking about their personalities, which are completely identical.
Riolu isn’t calm and collected like the rest of its species. It practically has a bloodlust. Whereas we don’t know much of Kubfu's personality except for the fact that it likes fighting. It likes to use its mind along with its body whereas Riolu just rushes to fight blindly.

They’re not the same. And he was talking about their looks as well since he was talking about Chimchar and Simisear. Ash never had a Simisear so how did you figure out it’s personality?

Johto-Larvitar for Ash might have a mentionable chances to happen, they mostly try to desperately avoid anything beyond the original trio of Ash/Misty/Brock since a while now.

I just always find it funny how people think that the Larvitar that Ash took care of before would be caught by him now. It's almost as funny as the theory about him getting Pidgeot back just because he saw a flock of them a few episodes ago.

I just always find it funny how people think that the Larvitar that Ash took care of before would be caught by him now. It's almost as funny as the theory about him getting Pidgeot back just because he saw a flock of them a few episodes ago.

I mean yeah probably neither thing will happen but at least the Larvitar scenario would be more likely to play out since we had a very quick Larvitar flashback as recently as SuMo where as Ash hasn't remembered his old Pidgeot since... Johto I think? Not counting any opening cameos.

Unlike Pidgeot we are getting Tyranitar merchandise.

Edit: Unless you're suggesting Ash's hypothetical Tyranitar is just some random irrelevant Pokemon, which wouldn't for Larvitar's sake make any sense.

Gengar made sense because there's no way Haunter would still have the same feelings towards Ash as it would now if it had feelings towards Ash (being trained by Ash, I mean), but Larvitar should be wild. And it hatched, it had a far greater bond with Ash than Haunter did.

We have some ideas about how Riolu's arc will go: Ash will help it develop a more focused and less impulsive fighting style with the help of fighting masters until it evolves, and that's exactly how Kubfu's arc appears to be in the game. Even if the anime wanted to ignore it, it's the most logical way to develop a fighting type with a marketable final stage.

Another issue if Ash owned both is the timing (let´s ignore the hiatus for a second since it's likely everything up to September was planned), Kubfu will stop being noteworthy by November, meaning that Ash would have to caught it around SS030-SS040 and I doubt they'll be done with Riolu (Sobble also says hi) by then.

Tyranitar isn't Larvitar. I think people are stretching logic very thin if they're trying to link some Tyranitar products to the Larvitar that Ash was pals with 18 years ago.

I absolutely fail to understand what you mean.

IF Tyranitar merchandise is pointing to Ash getting one, then we FANS would like that Tyranitar to be the Larvitar that Ash bonded with from before.

I'm not understanding the confusion here, especially since Larvitar evolves into Pupitar and then evolves into Tyranitar.

And also on top of that it would make far more sense to bring back the Larvitar from before (maybe now as a Tyranitar) then have it be some random Tyranitar.

They brought back continuity by mentioning Lt. Surge even having Tomioka write the PWC episode with Visquez the same writer who wrote the Lt. Surge battle, with Larvitar being shown in Sun and Moon, the writers aren't stupid, they do know Ash took care of Larvitar, if they were planning on giving him a Tyranitar, given how the series is playing out it just makes sense to have to be the Larvitar from before all grown up, or have Larvitar itself come back and quickly evolve into Pupitar and then quickly into Tyranitar.

Again, I'm not seeing the issues here. If you want Ash's hypothetically Tyranitar to be a completely random one, then so be it. Some of us however would like it to be the Larvitar from before.

Kubfu will stop being noteworthy by November, meaning that Ash would have to caught it around SS030-SS040 and I doubt they'll be done with Riolu (Sobble also says hi) by then.
I’m not sure about the "stop being noteworthy" thing since with the world tour premise, no Pokémon has an expiry date. They’re featuring Pokémon from every generation, so putting a "noteworthy use-by" date on a Galar Pokémon seems particularly strange.

tenor.gif

Larvitar's final evolution is Tyranitar??? How exactly are people stretching logic here when they hope that Larvitar returns when several things just click (merch, popularity, recent appearance etc.).

Larvitar isn't Tyranitar. I mean that literally because Tyranitar merchandise is all that we have gotten lately with no signs of Larvitar stuff at the same rate and I've been following this thread for ages so I'm aware of which Pokemon have gotten new toys and products. You can't say that Tyranitar getting merchandise means that we would see the old Larvitar again because Tyranitars have appeared dozens of times in the past without the old Larvitar being involved.

That's why I say it's a huge stretch to try and link those two Pokemon together now. I'm not stupid I know that Larvitar and Tyranitar are part of the same evo line but that doesn't mean crap for the Larvitar return speculation about the old Larvitar appearing in the future.

People always overanalyze certain Pokemon appearing and try to use anything that they can to make fan fiction like theories about how Ash's old Pokemon will come back. It's happened so many times in this series with Bulbasaur and Pidgeot and it even happened in Black/White with the Buttefree episode. I just wish people would make predictions that actually have a solid chance of happening and not some 1 in 1 million scenario.

Back
Top Bottom