• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

Larvitar isn't Tyranitar. I mean that literally because Tyranitar merchandise is all that we have gotten lately with no signs of Larvitar stuff at the same rate and I've been following this thread for ages so I'm aware of which Pokemon have gotten new toys and products. You can't say that Tyranitar getting merchandise means that we would see the old Larvitar again because Tyranitars have appeared dozens of times in the past without the old Larvitar being involved.

That's why I say it's a huge stretch to try and link those two Pokemon together now. I'm not stupid I know that Larvitar and Tyranitar are part of the same evo line but that doesn't mean crap for the Larvitar return speculation about the old Larvitar appearing in the future.

People always overanalyze certain Pokemon appearing and try to use anything that they can to make fan fiction like theories about how Ash's old Pokemon will come back. It's happened so many times in this series with Bulbasaur and Pidgeot and it even happened in Black/White with the Buttefree episode. I just wish people would make predictions that actually have a solid chance of happening and not some 1 in 1 million scenario.
I'm not saying that Tyranitar will absolutely be Ash's Pokémon, but I see nothing preventing Ash visiting Mt. Silver and meeting Larvitar after it has fully evolved since he last saw it.

I doubt Ash is getting Pokemon that are associated with Team Rocket honestly. Unfortunaly, Tyranitar is one of them because of the Gatcha Machine.

I mean I don't believe for one second that Ash is getting Tyranitar, but I wouldn't say that Tyranitar is associated with TRio. They used it once and it was basically a rental Pokemon. It's a reach to say that it's associated with them now when it received only like 3 minutes of screentime while being used by them.

I mean I don't believe for one second that Ash is getting Tyranitar, but I wouldn't say that Tyranitar is associated with TRio. They used it once and it was basically a rental Pokemon. It's a reach to say that it's associated with them now when it received only like 3 minutes of screentime while being used by them.
The only roadblock would be the fact that they 'use' it in the OP, but we're overdue for the visuals of that to be replaced so who the hell knows.

EWV5Y0pXgAIuHPY

Interesting

Last edited by a moderator:
If they were to give Ash an Eevee now seems like the best opportunity. Since this season seems dedicated to give Ash the Pokemon he missed out on years ago

I Honestly think Koharu will choose a career path we have never seen before. One that does not care about catching pokémon.
And with my thoughts, that leaves us with 3 scenarios
Ash catches it and it has a very good friend in Koharu
Koharu befriends it and it stays like this forever
Ash catches it, but after some time he gives it to Koharu
This is my opinion
I feel like she would become a journalist so she could better understand people and why some people look up to others.

Well if they give Ash Eevee I hope he doesn't evolve it. He needs to use the GMAX form
I feel like go would use gmax eevee.

I just always find it funny how people think that the Larvitar that Ash took care of before would be caught by him now. It's almost as funny as the theory about him getting Pidgeot back just because he saw a flock of them a few episodes ago.

I don't expect much either and it all is extremely hypothetical anyway but wouldn't it be a nice piece of plot if let's say:
Ash (and Gou unfortunately) go somewhere and in one of Gous madman catching sprees he tries to catch a Tyranitar among other things and it goes on a rampage thereafter. Not sure who knows/still remembers it but part of Larvitars plot was he and his mother were separated by some catching poachers back then, which stuck to lil Egg Larvitar and caused it to get so introverted. Ash helped him (given it was male, that I don't remember) get out of this "shell" and reunited it with it's family. Now, back to the present, after it did some property damage Ash breaks through it's frenzy as it remembers how Ash took care and bounded with it. Then the Tyranitar ends it's rampage and joins Ash team officially (or not I wouldn't care as much as long as this was it's episode).

Back
Top Bottom