• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

So we've got 3 Galar captures 99.99% confirmed from those magazine scans:
Sobble; Ash (most likely)
Morpeko and Galarian Farfetch'd: ??

I'd say Morpeko would go to Go (I'm tired of typing Go again and again...:confused:). The one that’s up in the air is Farfetch'd. We know it’d challenge someone randomly for battle, and we know Go's getting a significant part in the upcoming episodes too. We also have an unaccounted for scene of Go and Raboot battling in rain. Which makes it seem like Go ended up getting an unsolicited challenge from Farfetch'd.
Even though I personally think Ash wouldn’t fit in with Sirfetch'd I could see them going with the status quo that Ash= Battle, Go= capture and give Farfetch'd to Ash.

But it’s be miles more entertaining if Go gets a battle thirsty Pokémon as a permanent member. I hope Morpeko and Farfetch'd aren’t just more trophies for the Sakuragi dome. They’ve got a lot of potential.

Hey, guys. Check out the merchandise on this picture here.

View: https://twitter.com/cassio_buson/status/1254543116771745793?s=20

I saw on this picture was that a Greninja, Lapras, Meltan, Latias and Latios were shown as part of the merchandise. However, it is actually unknown whether its Ash's original or replacement second Greninja and Lapras or the other wild Greninja and Lapras, even though any of you guys personally didn't want Ash's original Greninja to make his comeback to him in the Journeys series of the anime. Secondly, it is also unknown whether it's Ash's replacement second Meltan for his original Melmetal or the other wild Meltan. Finally, it is also unknown whether or not Ash and/or Go will catch Latias and/or Latios. But will see. Thanks.;)

Last edited:
Hey, guys. Check out the merchandise on this picture here.

View: https://twitter.com/cassio_buson/status/1254543116771745793?s=20

I saw on this picture was that a Greninja, Lapras, Meltan, Latias and Latios were shown as part of the merchandise. However, it is actually unknown whether its Ash's original or replacement second Greninja and Lapras or the other wild Greninja and Lapras, even though any of you guys personally didn't want Ash's original Greninja to make his comeback to him in the Journeys series of the anime. Secondly, it is also unknown whether it's Ash's replacement second Meltan for his original Melmetal or the other wild Meltan. Finally, it is also unknown whether or not Ash and/or Go will catch Latias and/or Latios. But will see. Thanks.;)

Giving Ash a second Greninja, Meltan or Lapras to excuse him having any of those in his team would be beyond terrible writing. No, he’s definitely not gonna catch a replacement for his pokemon, it’s either stuff for the CotD’s, Go or (unlikely) the actual ones that Ash had that might be showing up.

Giving Ash a second Greninja, Meltan or Lapras to excuse him having any of those in his team would be beyond terrible writing. No, he’s definitely not gonna catch a replacement for his pokemon, it’s either stuff for the CotD’s, Go or (unlikely) the actual ones that Ash had that might be showing up.
Oops, sorry about that, guys.:oops:

I also doubt that Gou will get the Galarian Farfetch'd, he already has a regular one and the Galar variant has been described to be battle oriented, not to mention the amount of hype long before this series that hoped Ash would get a Sirfetch'd.

The fact that Gou's got a regular one is exactly why he should get the Galarian variant! Someone (like Sonia) could easily tip him off about Galarian-variant Pokemon having evolutions not seen in other regions that would give Gou more than enough reason to catch them. The fact the first one could be a Farfetch'd just makes it better given the spiel he gave about it (interrupting Professor Oak in the process) in the 1st episode.

Outside of that one short term reasoning, a Galarian Farfetch'd (and ultimately Sirfetch'd) is wasted on Gou and won't shine in any way. You know, the very Sirfetch'd which was so hyped when it was pretty much first revealed (long before Gou was even a thing publicly) and has been always shown to be a battling oriented species?

If the Galarian Farfetch'd has a more combative type, then it could get him started on building a more permanent team. Gou's only been going with Raboot for the most part, so seeing him building up a team to go with him because he starts noticing that some of his Pokemon want to get stronger would be a good way to show some growth from the Raboot's Goodbye episode. We've seen his Scyther having a competitive spirit compared to his other captures, so it's inevitable that he'll get a bunch of Pokemon with more competitive dispositions.

Back
Top Bottom