• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

There is also this
EbClcDzUwAAx3F3

Yeah, this 100% settles it. Ash gets Sobble.

Johto starters are starting to appear in merchandise. I hope we will get another Johto episode soon.
Eay6S0TXYAECxqE
Let's Go Johto on the 24th, maybe?
New poster for the anime. I'm surprised that Korrina is featured in this one.

EbClaZpUwAEztQH
I'm guessing more appearances for her as part of Riolu's character development.

This poll was held long after any plot points and near future captures were decided on.

It's half a year time span to make an episode, and they have changed up plans before. Either we know so (the G.S ball removal) or can guess so (Ash's badge 8 in Unova).

It's half a year time span to make an episode, and they have changed up plans before. Either we know so (the G.S ball removal) or can guess so (Ash's badge 8 in Unova).

We pretty much know definitively that Ash's eighth Unova badge was changed from the original plans; when Ash received his Unova badge case in BW013, the last slot was still in the shape of the Legend Badge.

Legend_Badge_slot.png

It's only later on that they changed the slots to become generic circular shapes, so that's probably when they decided to switch courses for Ash's Unova badge quest

Last edited:
It seems Mr. Mime is still treated as a part of Ash's team in some merchandise.

EbtDO0nWoAAgyeb

I don't know about Mimey being a permanent team member, since whenever there is talk about Ash's team, Mimey isn't mentioned. However, the term permanent team member or reserve is kinda iffy this series when it comes to Mimey, since you can consider it a permanent team member, or a reserve, but same goes for Gengar and Dragonite, since they don't join Ash in every episode (So they are either reserves or rotational team members and not permanent ones - unlike Pikachu and Riolu (Since its capture, Riolu has had more episodes alongside Ash than Dragonite and Gengar combined).

Out of curiosity which is the most popular Galar starter in Japan?
This isn't a scientific poll or anything but a quick check on Pixiv shows Inteleon has more fanart than the other third stagers (Rillaboom is trailing way behind the others for some reason). I've read a few people say he's the most popular there as well.

Among the first stagers Scorbunny has a big lead instead, but the anime could be the reason for that.

Out of curiosity which is the most popular Galar starter in Japan?
This is from a Famitsu Magazine that was from back in March so it's a bit outdated now but until we get another Japan-only poll this is all we have to go off of.

"TOP 6 POKÉMON THAT WE [Japan] LOVE!"
tumblr_8cf70166f93e79bf3c2f9c1695ddf4f3_4df20b43_640.jpg

tumblr_9be2d6276ce2915effba98d0ecc04a7b_cc5a0a6c_640.jpg

1.) Corviknight
2.) Alcremie
3.) Yamper
4.) Inteleon
5.) Toxtricity
6.) Wooloo

So the answer is Inteleon. (For the time being anyways)

This isn't a scientific poll or anything but a quick check on Pixiv shows Inteleon has more fanart than the other third stagers (Rillaboom is trailing way behind the others for some reason). I've read a few people say he's the most popular there as well.

Among the first stagers Scorbunny has a big lead instead, but the anime could be the reason for that.

Nope apparently even Sobble is more popular over there

"Starter that we [the readers] Chose!"

tumblr_219b7a859f2b07cfe7428cfc0a0e1752_bd54071f_1280.png

1st Place - Sobble
2nd Place - Scorbunny
3rd Place - Grookey
(Granted there's also the possibility that Sobble could've just been the most chosen in Japan because they just wanted Inteleon but that's neither here nor there.)

Nope apparently even Sobble is more popular over there
Thanks for finding this!

I didn't mean that Scorbunny was necessarily more popular, but anime fanart was likely to include him so for now he'd have an advantage in numbers. However I should have been clearer on what I Meant.

Let's see if Scorbunny will continue to be more popular than Sobble once Sobble appears in the anime. ;)
Well Scorbunny is long gone so... I guess Sobble won't have much competition in the first stage department?

The REAL question here is... Can the Anime save Grookey from being the least Popular?

Well Scorbunny is long gone so... I guess Sobble won't have much competition in the first stage department?

The REAL question here is... Can the Anime save Grookey from being the least Popular?
The fact that it has yet to appear is a travesty. It may end up being Hau all over again.

Back
Top Bottom