• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

Wynaut.gif

The segment that portrays Ash is the one with the Riolu (Pikachu portrays the entire franchise) and it contains Grookey, Riolu and Dusk-Lycanroc.

On a different note, the Togepi from oh-so back then technically belonged to Ash before Misty decided to rudely snatch the egg away.
And by the way, Yamper is also listed with Comfey and Chikorita.

I don't want Ash to get Sobble - or any Galar starters, though I'd be fine with Grookey. But if he catches Sobble, then we'd be one capture closer to seeing if he'll be rotating this saga. Fingers crossed and don't @ me, I don't care, I want it back so much

Placements in poster like this don't mean much (As we have seen in Sun and Moon with Eevee).

I will give you the same response I did in another thread:

It looks like a similar situation but if we compare both images there is an important difference between the two of them

433px-SM_key_visual_4.png
View attachment 134578

Did you see it? No? let me explain.

In the S&M poster Eevee appears in front of Ash, however he does no appear alongside any other of Ash team members at this point.

In the new series poster however Sobble appears at Go side alongside Go important Pokémon also Galarian Farfetch appears in Ash side along Ash main team.

Draw your own conclusions.

For people bringing up Eevee, I don't recall when exactly Eevee was literally portrayed in a promo where Ash was "talking" to it to offer it to join him (intentional audio manipulation) or where the advertisement of it placed it alongside Ash's other party members (false advertisement) in a magazine that has been right thus far? Not to mention all the other promo that places it alongside Ash with no Goh in sight.

Where Eevee was mostly fan speculation, with Sobble, they've literally done the promotion themselves so it's going to be one of the worst bait-and-switches they've pulled.

For Galarfetch'd it will also be bad if Ash doesn't get Sobble, since then Galarfetch'd will become known as the mon who prevented Sobble to go to Ash.

For Galarfetch'd it will also be bad if Ash doesn't get Sobble, since then Galarfetch'd will become known as the mon who prevented Sobble to go to Ash.
Actually Galarian Farfetch'd will not be the reason to Ash not getting sobble. But sobble fans will pull everything on poor Galarian Farfetch'd .

I probably wouldn’t mind if Raboot and Drizzile are Go’s two main team members while he shuffles the other 4 spaces with other Pokémon.

I also think it’s kind of funny he has the potential have both of the “edgier” looking starters.

Got from Fb
Is this old picture or new?
View attachment 134620
First I've seen it. The placement here seems more like a random showcase of Galar Mon, I wouldn't put too much stock it, especially since Sirfetch'd is close to Gou when we know Ash is getting it. The real eyebrow raiser is that Charmander, it's the odd one out by being the only non-Galar Mon that's not currently a character in the anime. Maybe Gou will get one, although he already has a Fire starter. We know Dr. Sakuragi has one, maybe Koharu will choose it as her starter Pokemon in a future episode. In that case I would love for it to meet Ash's Charizard, and that would bring the promo poster full-circle.

That said, I do kind of expect Gou to get all three Galar starters at this point. Also that Cinderace picture may imply that Raboot will evolve sooner rather than later.

With Johto, I only counted the Johto team by themselves and not including the Kanto team.

I understand, but with the time Bulbasaur was a permanent member in Ash his Jotho party, it's hard for me not to see him as a member of his Jotho team.

He was a member of Ash team for 70% of his Jotho journey.

When I think about Ash his Jotho team I will always first think about Bulbasaur before for example Heracross, who was sent to prof Oak permanently fairly quickly after being caught.

Updated list, feel free to correct me if I missed any:

Compiled a list of every Pokemon on PM2019's poster. Note that I didn't include minor/irrelevant appearances or cameos in this list.
Example: The Corviknight in the the 2nd episode's raid battle.

Have appeared on screen:
Pikachu - Ash's.
Dragonite - Ash's.
Gengar - Ash's.
Lucario - Ash's.
Mr. Mime - Ash's.

Wobbufet - TRio.
Meowth - TRio.
Pelipper - Gacha delivery.

Scorbunny - Gou's.
Mantine - Gou's.
Magikarp - Gou's.