• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

Wait who’s the bard, the summoner and the black mage.

I was just wrtting some classes from RPG that can be adapted to Pokemon.

A bard can be a Pokemon that learn the move sing or have multiple Sound based moves.

A black mage can be a dark Pokemon who could use elemental moves for example Absol.

I have no idea who could be the summoner.

what confuses me the most about this thing is first they showed sobble with ash than yesterday goh with sobble and now ash again.

I'm excited to see Ash with a Lucario, but I really just hope they build up the evolution slowly. Riolu is just too cute to evolve so soon. I wanna see more of Riolu.
Agreed. And while I wouldn't describe Farfetch'd as cute, I hope it gets some buildup too before evolving. I'm also curious how they're going to depict its evolution requirement in the anime.

Seems unlikely since it’s absent from prominent promotion and merchandise... Besides I don’t want to see the Fanfiction if it evolves into gardevoir... :bulbaFacepalm:

How good would Gallade be for Ash? I think Gallade could fit, but not Gardevoir.

Regular Pokémon that I can't see Goh getting:
*Pichu line
*Porygon line

if ash subbenly gets sobble I'll be surprised and I know this might not matter but in charmander the stray Pokemon Brock stood up for charmander but allowed ash to catch it so it can be a great Pokemon. Look at it know it became a strong charizard sure it had some obedient problems but ash worked them saving it from being frozen with a fire and rubbing

Last time before Farfetch'd was Gengar I think.

Gengar (Ghost/Poison)

- Night Shade (Ghost)
- Shadow Ball (Ghost)
- Psychic (Psychic)
- Ice Punch (Ice)

The unique thing about Farfetch’d is it knows two non-STAB, non-normal type moves which are the same type- Night Slash and Brutal Swing both being Dark type.

I feel like Eevee would be a good "first Pokemon" (excluding Yamper) for Koharu given the thematic element about Eevee having multiple 'paths' of evolution which represents her own open-ended path with no goal at the moment. That, and I don't see, or want to see, Goh getting Eevee much less the entire evolutionary group.

Goh getting Eevee will cause more groans than him getting Sobble instead of Ash

Certainly agree with you about her getting Eevee

I don’t see Koharu catching more than 1 or 2 Pokémon so if she does catch any, I’d rather them all be Galarian. I want her to catch Alcremie and Galarian Ponyta.

This might just be my opinion and I'm sure a lot of people won't agree with me; but I really don't think I could stomach regular appearances from a Galarian Ponyta.
It already looks too much like a character from My Little Pony. Having it appear regularly, especially if it gets an overly effeminate personality, would just be too much. At that point, you might as well just call it Rarity and do a full crossover.

IMO you give that thing it's 1 shot CotD appearance and then take it behind the barn and bury it. You don't make it any kind of series regular.

This might just be my opinion and I'm sure a lot of people won't agree with me; but I really don't think I could stomach regular appearances from a Galarian Ponyta.
It already looks too much like a character from My Little Pony. Having it appear regularly, especially if it gets an overly effeminate personality, would just be too much. At that point, you might as well just call it Rarity and do a full crossover.

IMO you give that thing it's 1 shot CotD appearance and then take it behind the barn and bury it. You don't make it any kind of series regular.
And some people actually want Ash to catch one.

Back
Top Bottom