• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

I am not interested in Ash getting Grookey.

I'm sure many said the same thing about the idea of Ash and a Corphish back in the day.

...also anyone else wondering if we'll get a fossil revival episode? Only way that Goh can get such mons especially with more game lore floating about. (Would Ash get a fossil too, say both find a Helix and Dome fossil. Who gets which?)

I'm sure many said the same thing about the idea of Ash and a Corphish back in the day.

...also anyone else wondering if we'll get a fossil revival episode? Only way that Goh can get such mons especially with more game lore floating about. (Would Ash get a fossil too, say both find a Helix and Dome fossil. Who gets which?)
Actually I thought the Celebi episode would be great for that, but they threw it all away. So, them going to study fossils would be a nice episode, but Goh just catching all of them... I don't know

I'd love to see a main character with a fossil Pokémon, you could do a very interesting episode or two about it.

I certainly didn't imagine Ash with a Boldore, Corphish, Dragonite, Gengar, Aipom, Glalie, Palpitoad, Naganadel, or Scraggy, yet here we are. I think one of the charm's of Ash is that what "fits" him is varied. He has the capacity to work with anything, really. Thus, rather than the notion being "this doesn't fit Ash," I think it's honestly rather "I don't want Ash with this Pokemon."

Not if someone else already revived them. At that point he's just trying to help that tortured being live as well as it can.
He would basically be subjecting them to endless pain and suffering for the sake of more battle wins. Haven't you read their dex entries?

He would basically be subjecting them to endless pain and suffering for the sake of more battle wins. Haven't you read their dex entries?
So far in Journeys every Pokémon he has came to him of their own free will instead of being defeated and caught, so I assumed if he got a Galar Fossil 'mon it would be the same; it wants to battle and he invites it to join him.

So far in Journeys every Pokémon he has came to him of their own free will instead of being defeated and caught, so I assumed if he got a Galar Fossil 'mon it would be the same; it wants to battle and he invites it to join him.
It would be cruel because they should not even exist. Besides, Ash has about 9 other fossil mons to choose from.

Ash not getting Sobble actually makes sense. As Lumiose Trainer Zac put it, raising the timid Sobble into a confident and strong Inteleon would be a good character arc, but Ash already has a Pokémon he needs to focus on developing just as much: Riolu.
He focused on multiple Pokemon in previous sagas too, Riolu's character arc is way too different for any kind of overlap there. Ash didn’t get Sobble and that's it, I don’t think we need to add additional "justifications" there, since no one would be saying this if he actually got it.

Back
Top Bottom