• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

I like Jigglypuff and want it to stick around and not just be a troublemaker. It has some anime-related merchandise coming up, by the way.

Why no other feminine Pokemon? I just think they're kind of boring choices for a girl at this point. If Eevee, which isn't really feminine but the anime associated it with four different girls (Sakura being the first), doesn't go to Ash or Go, I'll be disappointed.

Yes to Jigglypuff and to Galarian Ponyta, no to the others. That's my final verdict.

I like Jigglypuff and want it to stick around and not just be a troublemaker. It has some anime-related merchandise coming up, by the way.

Why no other feminine Pokemon? I just think they're kind of boring choices for a girl at this point. If Eevee, which isn't really feminine but the anime associated it with four different girls (Sakura being the first), doesn't go to Ash or Go, I'll be disappointed.

Yes to Jigglypuff and to Galarian Ponyta, no to the others. That's my final verdict.
That’s probably a matter of personal biases so let’s agree to disagree.

I’ll take literally any Pokemon other than Jigglypuff (feminine or otherwise). It’s feminine and overexposed .Some other Pokemon could use the limelight, jigglypuff has had enough. It isn’t a particularly interesting choice for a female companion.

———-

It’ll probably never happen but I hope they might throw a curveball and give her a ridiculously non-feminine Pokemon. Or gender neutral. I thought of Toxel for some reason.

Are we going to make predictions out of posters again?

hqdefault.jpg

Jokes aside I'm glad that Mimikyu is here but the Pokemon that appear in this image are also featured in the official Popular Pokemon of the Year ranking. (And yes before you ask Chandelure and Tyranytar are in that list).

Koharu catching THE Jigglypuff would be quite an interesting development. If I recall it was teased that it went back to Kanto on Ash's plane in the SM finale. Nothing about Jigglypuff's personality really seems to scream "Koharu" to me, but it would be kind of amazing for one of the most notorious wild Pokemon in the series to finally be captured. They had the balls to have Ash battle with Mimey after 20+ years so it could certainly happen.

Last edited:
The episode come up and says: A Pokémon Trade?
Do mean Ash will trade 29 Tauros for some Pokemon like...
  1. Salamence
  2. Flygon
  3. Houndoom
  4. Dunsparce
  5. Lickilicky
  6. Drapion
  7. Aggron
  8. Sneasel
  9. Baltoy
  10. Eevee
  11. Steelix
  12. Honedge
  13. Alakazam
  14. Metagross
  15. Elekid
  16. Magby
  17. Aerodatcyl
  18. Tangela
  19. Magnemite
  20. Zoroark
  21. Carvanha
  22. Sableye
  23. Drowzee
  24. Tyranitar
  25. Klink
  26. Solrock
  27. Lunatone
  28. Jangmo-o
  29. Rhyhorn
Or Goh will make Scyther evolves into Scizor

Or Goh will trade Sobble for Ash.

*sigh*

Why do people insist that Ash should trade his 30 Tauros?
Better yet why is it one of the most popular things in fanfic aside from the Arceus awful 'Betrayed' fics, harems, strong/aura/ultra-smart Ash stuff?!

Must I point out the episode where Wobbuffett joined the cast? People were actually trying to trade for his Tauros and Ash refused, he loves all of his Pokemon. He only gave up Aipom because she'd be happier with Dawn and Buizel was literally made for him. He'd only trade if he literally caught something and a trainer or Goh offered to trade for it, that is the only way I can see Ash accepting a trade

I doubt Ash is going to trade. If it's a main character rather than COTD it will probably be Gou.

I've always wondered what that concept even means, and I'm not even sure if I want to know.
There's an oddly prominent genre of fanfic about Ash being betrayed by all his friends (and occasionally even his Pokémon), then becomes a dark and gritty anti-hero who seeks revenge as an OP super trainer. I've never read more than a tiny excerpt out of morbid curiosity, but you see them pop up on the sites. At least one apparently has his companions murder his mom and frame him for it. I think Pikachu dies pretty often in them as well.

I've been rewatching the series and I got to thinking about the the Pidgeot scene in episode 6 again. Many of us thought there was a possibility of Ash reuniting with it off screen and using it in the episode 7 battle, which of course didn't happen. Upon rewatching episode 6, I still can't get over how curious that whole sequence was. Maybe it's a stretch, but I'm wondering whether that reunion actually did occur, and they've just been keeping it a secret.

They made a point to inform the viewer that only Pidgey and Pidgeotto could be found in the forest, yet they show a mysterious shot of Pidgeot just before cutting back to Ash who's trying to meet back up with Gou. We know Ash had chased a Pokemon into the bushes in his previous scene, and when we cut back to him here he looks satisfied in my opinion, and doesn't say anything like, "Aww, we lost it". I also find it interesting that Gou hasn't managed to catch a member of the Pidgey line yet, despite attempting to in episode 6 and even trying to find one again in episode 17. Heck, it's possible Ash could reveal Pidgeot in episode 33 and trade for Gou's Scyther, although I may just be going on a tangent now.

Naturally this is all just wishful thinking, but I'm not sure we should give up on Pidgeot just yet. Unless of course this was all intentional and the writers just wanted to stir up even more hype at the time.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom